Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BL Probably stalling as long as he can to come up with a good story.
Well, not looking good. I don't understand what the reasoning is for his parents to not come forward. I know it's their son, etc., but there comes a time when you have to do the right thing. MO is he told them a line of bull as to what happened, and he thought it would just go away? Seriously, 20 something year olds are not the brightest candle in the room.

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit.

Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit.

He left Gabby at the hotel so she, understandably, wouldn't be alone in the van. Brian then flew back to Utah and they left the hotel together on August 24.

Schmidt now wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

So if BL had to empty the storage unit because he couldn't afford the payments, and BL's father was willing to let them store their belongings at his house, I guess I'm wondering why BL or his father couldn't find some friends or hire someone for the day to move the stuff out of the storage unit to their home. Seems that this would have been much cheaper than paying for a round-trip flight and the hotel bill for GP to stay their during the trip home. Did BL have no friends he could ask to help? If not, couldn't the father or BL arrange to pay someone to move the stuff in one day, still would not be more than the cost of the flight home and back, plus the hotel fees. And why did it take him a week to get this done (GP's mother's timeline says that BL flew from Salt Lake City to Florida on August 17th, and returned on August 23rd).

And they are seen checking out of the hotel on August 24th, and it appears that GP disappears on August 25th.

Were GP and her family (father) the cash cow here for BL? I wonder who paid for the hotel in Salt Lake City, and if GP's savings were running low, after all, I read that GP's father sent them a meal by Uber at some point around this time.

Just some thoughts.

@PommyMommy cleaned up our timeline (@JerseyGirl and @JudgeJoe

MAR 17: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park
AUG 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
AUG 13: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 (please confirm I have this right)
AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”

SEP 1
: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10: The family alerted the National Park Service.
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement (?)

Let's fill this in -
Add to the timeline, "Aug. 12, police in Moab, Utah, respond to an altercation between Petito and Laundrie reported by a third party."

Boyfriend of missing Long Island native issues statement through lawyer
"Our officers did respond to an incident involving Brian Laundrie and Gabrielle Petito on 12 August 2021 however, neither Brian or Gabrielle were the reporting party. Officers conducted an investigation and determined that insufficient evidence existed to justify criminal charges," Chief Bret Edge said.

At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

She didn't say anything back to him, at one point she left the store for a few minutes and came back in. They bought bottles of water, a few packages of instant noodles and donuts.'

The cashier pointed out that the Salt Lake City FBI headquarters is across the street from the convenience store, also within a few hundred feet of the Fairfield Inn. 'Their vehicle would have had to pass by the FBI cameras outside of the building pointing toward the street on several occasions.'

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

I thought BL was in Florida Aug 17-23. Perhaps the cashier is mistaken on dates or was she with someone else?
What in the heck??? I was thinking that as soon as I read your post; I thought he was in Florida then?!? o_O

At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

She didn't say anything back to him, at one point she left the store for a few minutes and came back in. They bought bottles of water, a few packages of instant noodles and donuts.'

The cashier pointed out that the Salt Lake City FBI headquarters is across the street from the convenience store, also within a few hundred feet of the Fairfield Inn. 'Their vehicle would have had to pass by the FBI cameras outside of the building pointing toward the street on several occasions.'

I thought BL was in Florida Aug 17-23. Perhaps the cashier is mistaken on dates or was she with someone else?

Alternatively, the lie could be that he went back to Florida that week at all and he was actually in SLC the whole time.

@PommyMommy cleaned up our timeline (@JerseyGirl and @JudgeJoe

MAR 17: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park
AUG 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
AUG 13: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 (please confirm I have this right)
AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”

SEP 1
: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10: The family alerted the National Park Service.
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement (?)

Let's fill this in -

We need the DV call in Moab added.

I believe if someone like Him did something to someone like Her (not accusing anyone of anything here), That person took some time to cope with it. Would have decided he wanted to live and went home. For someone in that hypothetical situation, they would probably just looking for the plea deal. That bargaining is much less useful after a confession.

Spot on!!! Definitely staying mum in order to use it to his advantage later on. So glad we can finally talk about BL because my lord does he look guilty af! Him and his family and now I assume lawyer as well, all know what happened. She’s likely gone and if it comes to it (charges brought against him) maybe him having the location of the body will help him plea down. We shall see but my money is on BL did something to her- maybe it was premeditated or maybe heat of the moment but something went down and BL got home and didn’t ring any alarm bells. He was home on 9/1/21… GP mom reports her missing on 9/11/21… 10 whole days he and his family knew something happened and the fact they didn’t say anything to GP mom or anyone for that matter tells me they are hoping the elements or animals will take care of any evidence against BL.

Edited to add link for dates from msm-

Last edited:
There’s been 2 different reports. In one the mother said she called her on the 25th and said she was in GTNP and was planning to go to Yellowstone. The other report says they were planning on going to GTNP & YNP. So not conclusive at this point.
There is one road off Rockefeller Pky by which they could leave GTNP heading to YNP and not show up in Yellowstone: Grassy Lake Rd aka Flagg -Ashton Road. It runs from Headwaters/Flagg Ranch to Ashton, ID. It is only open in summer.
Any other routes they would have to go all the way around to get to YNP, either the east way which would be up and over the Togwotee Pass through Dubois to either Cody or Silver Gate/Cooke City or up the west way over the Teton Pass to Idaho to West Yellowstone.
He didn't drive it from memory- either her phone or his phone did some internet searching on routes. Kids that age don't have those spiral atlas's in the back seat. The FBI is going to grab that search history and get a pretty good idea of the route.

This is probably the most bizarre part of the story to me… like huh?!? Why the urgency?

I thought he had put things in a storage unit but sounds like he emptied one and moved it to his parents…

And was Gabby with anyone during that time? Or just enjoying her solo time? Did she have any concerns yet?

Such a weird timeline…
Yes I too thought the belongings were moved FROM the BL home INTO storage, not out of storage.

I hate when a detail like this gets traction in both directions and we don't know which is correct...

2 things:

what are your opinions on this case's relationship to Turner and Schulte who were last seen on the 13th, the day after this 'incident' where a third party called the policy on GP and BL?

what happened to his necklace 0 it was prominent in photos, then it disappears? he had so much time to drive back to FL there could be a trail of evidence/belongings all along the route. what a mess.

between this case and the murdauch case i don't know how i'll get any work done today!

Do we know if it's possible Turner and Schulte crossed paths with DP and BL? Could it have been them that called the police regarding the "incident?" If not, I'm sure whoever reported the incident might have a few things to say about the subject matter, demeanor, etc that night?

Hoping this pressure breaks someone in that family, although there is clearly a serious lack of empathy in that household, but maybe someone will break.

Someone in the family is already talking, Brian's sister Cassie. Although we don't know
if she knows anything of consequence.

@Seattle1

Aug 12 ‘incident’ is probably an outsider calling out of concern about domestic violence. Police arrive, Gabby and boyfriend put a good face on things, police go away.

Do we know where this incident happened?

I

Moab, UT. It's been confirmed by the PD that it was neither GP or BL who made the call.

BL cannot continue hiding, and his parents cannot continue to remain silent.
I predict that their attorney will make some sort of announcement.

There was an accident, Gabby fell off a cliff while they were rocking climbing or about to take a photo. He panicked. He remains so traumatized that he cannot remember exactly where it happened...he just remembers the cliff and freaking out.

Some such thing....not his fault...didn't call 911 because he was so scared he would be looked at as having pushed her off, especially after the earlier argument they had where someone called the police. That was just a spat, nothing serious, but it looked bad.

ugh....I'm just heartsick for Gabby and her parents.
Agree, they are hoping her body will never be found, his parents protecting him is vile, the apple does not fall too far from the tree

If she stayed at a hotel while he went back to Florida then she had cell service. Would you not think she'd be in a flurry of texting, phoning, using the wifi etc while she was there for days.

One would think she'd be calling everyone and relaxing enjoying the hotel

2 things:

what are your opinions on this case's relationship to Turner and Schulte who were last seen on the 13th, the day after this 'incident' where a third party called the policy on GP and BL?

what happened to his necklace 0 it was prominent in photos, then it disappears? he had so much time to drive back to FL there could be a trail of evidence/belongings all along the route. what a mess.

between this case and the murdauch case i don't know how i'll get any work done today!

I don't think Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte's murders were related to Gabby's disappearance, but there is a small possibility imo - I'm keeping an eye on both threads/cases.

It's going to be very difficult for them to find any trace of poor Gabby unless BL gives them more info or "fesses up" imo. She could be anywhere from Wyoming to Florida. Shades of Gannon Stauch as others have said. Poor little Gannon was murdered in Colorado Springs, but his remains were recovered in Florida.

MOO

My first thought is that he wanted to cry on his parents’ shoulders about his broken engagement—maybe use it as a cooling off period to decide whether or not to go back.
His dream fantasy life of being a famous YouTube influencer ended when the Beautiful star GF of the vids saw the real BL dumped him and the narcissist was embarrassed and knew he was going to go back to the Publix job.

I'm suspecting a bit of "Frazee- as in I didn't know the whole country would care about Kelsey" -if he follows any true crime He may have thought her missing would go unnoticed - except for her parents. That's the part I don't understand - did he severely underestimate their apparent close relationship? or is he just so self centered it didn't occur to him that this would become a big story?

Where is he? more importantly - where did he leave Gabby???
JMO

Also the Frazee case, Patrick Frazee sent the mother texts from Kelsey's (her daughter's) phone to mislead her so she wouldn't know that Kelsey was missing/murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298