Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The last text message sent from her cell phone suggests she'd made it to Yosemite National Park in northern California – about 800 miles away
  • 'No service in Yosemite,' reads the curious text from Petito's cell phone, sent August 30 to her mother Nichole Schmidt, DailyMail.com can reveal
  • Schmidt has expressed skepticism that Gabby was the one who sent the text
  • 'That text was NOT from Gabby I know it!' Schmidt told DaiyMail.com
  • She believes Petito's boyfriend Brian may have sent the message from her phone to mislead the family
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online
Scroll down at the link, the handwritten note by the uncle says the incident was a domestic.

There's a few Fairfield Inns in SLC. Presumably it'd be the one closest to the airport?
230 Admiral Byrd Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Was there a photo, perhaps from a security cam, showing them checking out of the hotel?

I feel the need to double-check that it was actually BL with GP -- he has a familiar enough look until you get close enough to see his eyes. MOO

I think they were arguing before his trip home, perhaps about the trip but there was a different vibe on the IG posts in August. Im kinda curious about her activities the days he was gone, that would help shed some light here. JMO

So did they break up, he went home, then go back to try to reconcile and thing s went south? I don't believe the storage unit story. Why spend money on plane tickets if moving out of the storage unit was about saving money. Couldn't his dad team up with Gabby's dad to move things or round up some friends?

Has anyone checked to see if Brian has any priors?

I have a couple of ways of checking - but I can't find him in any national database. As in, that's very strange - nothing at all tied to any real estate leases or residences or driver's licenses in either NY or FL.

Will keep looking. It's an unusual name, you'd think it would come up.

I imagine it this way: Brian comes home and tells his parents an innocent reason why Gabby isn't with him. Days later Mrs. L gets a text saying that she hasn't heard from her daughter for days. Mrs. L talks to Brian about the text she's received and fears (or realizes) that foul play involving her son has occurred. I think I'd ignore the text too while I figured out what to do and say for my son's sake.

If his parents had early knowledge, I think they would either have concocted a plausible story or turned him in. Look at the fix they're all in now--most hated family in America.
His family could help him best by encouraging him to help LE and the Petito family.
About as simple as that.
Just say what happened, where you both were, and what day.
But maybe it's not so simple ?
Idk.
Imo.

I mean, idk why a lot of people are hung up on the Uber Eats. It could just be a gesture of love? I do stuff like that for my long-distance partner quite often. And I'm young and broke so hell yeah I'll accept food my parents want to pay for.
I'm not hung up on the ubereats - I think it's awesome her dad did that for her - I'm just wondering if it was because he took the van to go to the airport leaving her stranded at the hotel? Before today, we didn't know there was a trip to Florida made by BL - so the 8/21 ordering of food didn't really register to me as anything more than a date / activity on building her timeline.
JMO

The Florida man sought for questioning in the mysterious disappearance of Gabby Petitobroke his silence Tuesday, saying it’s “an extremely difficult time” for both families.

“I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming,” Brian Laundrie said in a statement, according to ABC News.

“On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family,” said the statement, issued through an attorney.

“On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment,” it said.
———
Geez, how many times can he call her “Miss Petito ”? And could he sound any colder?
Very cold indeed, it’s as if he’s already distancing himself from her. IIRC, they had broken bones their engagement and decided to continue dating.

So did they break up, he went home, then go back to try to reconcile and thing s went south? I don't believe the storage unit story. Why spend money on plane tickets if moving out of the storage unit was about saving money. Couldn't his dad team up with Gabby's dad to move things or round up some friends?

Well, IMO, it would have been more economical to pay for a few more months of a storage unit than pay for round trip flight from SLC to Tampa and a room for a week at a hotel. This story(flying back to move things) doesn't add up to me.

Yellowstone/Teton is my neck of the woods. I grew up in southwest Montana and frequently visited Wyoming.

There's only one highway to get from Grand Teton NP to Yellowstone NP, via US191. It's good two-lane road. I presume there are security cameras at the Yellowstone NP South Entrance, so when they say she didn't make it to Yellowstone, they're probably pretty sure about that.

I would like to know whether they definitely made it to Grand Teton, like were they seen on any cameras? Or is it just what GP said on her FaceTime with her mother?
There’s been 2 different reports. In one the mother said she called her on the 25th and said she was in GTNP and was planning to go to Yellowstone. The other report says they were planning on going to GTNP & YNP. So not conclusive at this point.
There is one road off Rockefeller Pky by which they could leave GTNP heading to YNP and not show up in Yellowstone: Grassy Lake Rd aka Flagg -Ashton Road. It runs from Headwaters/Flagg Ranch to Ashton, ID. It is only open in summer.
Any other routes they would have to go all the way around to get to YNP, either the east way which would be up and over the Togwotee Pass through Dubois to either Cody or Silver Gate/Cooke City or up the west way over the Teton Pass to Idaho to West Yellowstone.

BL cannot continue hiding, and his parents cannot continue to remain silent.
I predict that their attorney will make some sort of announcement.

There was an accident, Gabby fell off a cliff while they were rocking climbing or about to take a photo. He panicked. He remains so traumatized that he cannot remember exactly where it happened...he just remembers the cliff and freaking out.

Some such thing....not his fault...didn't call 911 because he was so scared he would be looked at as having pushed her off, especially after the earlier argument they had where someone called the police. That was just a spat, nothing serious, but it looked bad.

ugh....I'm just heartsick for Gabby and her parents.

Snip
Utah police have revealed they responded to an 'incident' involving 22-year-old 'van-life woman' Gabby Petito and her boyfriend, just two weeks before she was last seen in Wyoming.

'Our officers did respond to an incident involving Brian Laundrie and Gabrielle Petito on 12 August 2021 however, neither Brian or Gabrielle were the reporting party,'

'Officers conducted an investigation and determined that insufficient evidence existed to justify criminal charges,' Moab Chief of Police Bret Edge told Fox News.

Cops were called out to 'incident' involving missing van life girl and her fiancé | Daily Mail Online
Well, I am thankful that someone called 911 to report the incident. At least we have an “incident” on record that all was not well in Para
Thank you - there was some discussion about the relevance of true ownership of the vehicle upthread - and while we could not discuss it before BL was named a POI - I believe that he knew she owned the van, he knew she would not be needing it, and he drove it back to FL because she would not be able to - that's the relevance of ownership.
IMO
YES! This! Ding, ding, ding, ding!!!!

If he did leave her there why not just say that? Why would you want and encourage all of this speculation about your involvement?

Honestly, I'm just as disappointed in his parents' silence as I am his. What could he have possibly told them that would justify their lack of cooperation?

The "incident" is not good. Saying there wasn't enough evidence for criminal charges which just tells me it was definitely domestic. Someone saw something, called the cops, and when they arrived both he and Gabby did not confirm that anything violent happened. Therefore, the cops didn't have enough proof for an arrest.

I believe if someone like Him did something to someone like Her (not accusing anyone of anything here), That person took some time to cope with it. Would have decided he wanted to live and went home. For someone in that hypothetical situation, they would probably just looking for the plea deal. That bargaining is much less useful after a confession.

At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

She didn't say anything back to him, at one point she left the store for a few minutes and came back in. They bought bottles of water, a few packages of instant noodles and donuts.'

The cashier pointed out that the Salt Lake City FBI headquarters is across the street from the convenience store, also within a few hundred feet of the Fairfield Inn. 'Their vehicle would have had to pass by the FBI cameras outside of the building pointing toward the street on several occasions.'

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

I thought BL was in Florida Aug 17-23. Perhaps the cashier is mistaken on dates or was she with someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog