Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Petito and Schmidt family release new statement begging for #BrianLaundrie to do the right thing and help bring #GabbyPetito home
View attachment 312645

https://twitter.com/jodigfox5ny/status/1438182934637318157?s=21

Good to see that they continue to put the pressure on BL and his family. The whole country sympathizes with this family and with Gabby, including the local media in Florida, the neighbors, etc. Hoping this pressure breaks someone in that family, although there is clearly a serious lack of empathy in that household, but maybe someone will break. I hope that LE helped with the wording in the Petit0 and Schmidt family statement that was released today. I hope there was a strategic element that will send a message to BL that only he, and probably his parents, would understand.

This case has brought me out of my self-imposed WS vacation. Equally sad, intriguing and frustrating. Especially the driving back home and hiding in parents house for 10 days and get a lawyer.

Just an FYI, this era of Fords at least Transit Connects/Focus in NA use the ignition key to open the bonnet/hood behind the rotatable Ford badge rather than a lever in the interior.

Thanks for explaining :)

BL changes in facial hair intrigues me.
Was he fully bearded during the summer and then shaved it all off? I’m curious as to when in August BL shaved off all of his beard and facial hair and why?
The last excerpt from their last video where they state they are in Utah and he talks about his hammock has him completely clean shaven with a baseball cap on and he looks completely different than the bearded and exposed bald head image in the earlier video excerpts.
Unrecognizable even.

Just an unusual thing to do during a camping trip IMO.

Last edited:
Good to see that they continue to put the pressure on BL and his family. The whole country sympathizes with this family and with Gabby, including the local media in Florida, the neighbors, etc. Hoping this pressure breaks someone in that family, although there is clearly a serious lack of empathy in that household, but maybe someone will break. I hope that LE helped with the wording in the Petit0 and Schmidt family statement that was released today. I hope there was a strategic element that will send a message to BL that only he, and probably his parents, would understand.
It seems like the temperature is rising with each passing hour.

The media is in a frenzy, Gabby’s family continues to make appeals, and law enforcement is now calling him a “person of interest.”

It’s a beautiful thing, unless of course, you are focus.

Attachments

• fairfieldinn.jpg
    fairfieldinn.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 12
She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit.

Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit.

He left Gabby at the hotel so she, understandably, wouldn't be alone in the van. Brian then flew back to Utah and they left the hotel together on August 24.

Schmidt now wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

I think they were arguing before his trip home, perhaps about the trip but there was a different vibe on the IG posts in August. Im kinda curious about her activities the days he was gone, that would help shed some light here. JMO

There's a few Fairfield Inns in SLC. Presumably it'd be the one closest to the airport?
230 Admiral Byrd Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
I wonder now if the van was parked at the airport during his return trip to Florida - because her dad ordered her ubereats 8/21 - wouldn't she just drive the van to get food? hmmm
JMO

I wonder now if the van was parked at the airport during his return trip to Florida - because her dad ordered her ubereats 8/21 - wouldn't she just drive the van to get food? hmmm
JMO

I mean, idk why a lot of people are hung up on the Uber Eats. It could just be a gesture of love? I do stuff like that for my long-distance partner quite often. And I'm young and broke so hell yeah I'll accept food my parents want to pay for.

I can't help but wonder if they both decided to go back home to FL after a fight or a breakup and something happened along the way. If he got home Sept 1 - no one was really paying attention to anything until she was reported missing...SO much could have happened during those 10 days. JMO

Why does she stop communicating with her mom and dad (in touch separately with both, frequently) and her cousins (SnapChatting frequently)?

My main issue remains that if they broke up, why is he the one with the transportation?

Thank you - there was some discussion about the relevance of true ownership of the vehicle upthread - and while we could not discuss it before BL was named a POI - I believe that he knew she owned the van, he knew she would not be needing it, and he drove it back to FL because she would not be able to - that's the relevance of ownership.
IMO

There's also a possible theft charged involved. Not. His. Van.

I'm just flabbergasted that this guy just drove back to Florida and didn't relate a thing after being home the 10 days. Did he expect the whole thing would just go away? Seriously, Gabby is a human being, she has a family, she was his fiancé.
Not even a story about them parting ways, accident or whatever. Just makes him look more guilty imo.
What did he tell his parents?
Really -- even the sweater-wearing Ninja's would have been something.

Gabby Petito’s family calls for boyfriend to ‘come forward’ with answers
https://twitter.com/HerbScribner/status/1438193405864071169

Now, Petito’s family has responded in a statement of their own.
  • “Brian is refusing to tell Gabby’s family where he last saw her,” the statement reads. “Brian is also refusing to explain why he left Gabby all alone and drove her van to Florida. These are critical questions that require immediate answers.”
Gabby Petito’s family calls for boyfriend to ‘come forward’ with answers

I'm not sure I agree because why wouldn't the mom answer the very first text or phone call from Gabby's mom is nothing was wrong that she was aware of? .....

I imagine it this way: Brian comes home and tells his parents an innocent reason why Gabby isn't with him. Days later Mrs. L gets a text saying that she hasn't heard from her daughter for days. Mrs. L talks to Brian about the text she's received and fears (or realizes) that foul play involving her son has occurred. I think I'd ignore the text too while I figured out what to do and say for my son's sake.

If his parents had early knowledge, I think they would either have concocted a plausible story or turned him in. Look at the fix they're all in now--most hated family in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cweiss72