Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they have been diagnosed by a professional and made this public themselves it's not a good idea to say either of them were suffering from a mental health condition. It's not fair to anyone to have people declare things like that, especially online, unless a doctor or family member shares that info. I say that as someone who's ex- was doing that online to me for a long time and it was infuriating. You don't have to have a mental health condition to fight with your boyfriend. Even a physical fight does not indicate that. PLEASE don't try to diagnose them in a forum. It's so incredibly unfair to everyone involved.

I agree. The incident report is 3 pages where both parties cite they suffer from anxiety but do not take Rx. (BL states GP's condition is allegedly worse than his). I think each are providing their individual, self-diagnosis here. I also think such claims are very typical of their generation. To be clear, I'm not downplaying mental health or emotional disabilities, but opining that there was a time not so long ago that even if you had a professional diagnosis and took medication for your mental health condition, you would never disclose such information out of fear of losing health care, life insurance, service career, and/or your job! MOO

I'm in the process of catching up on all of this. This statement is... interesting though. Unless there has been more than BF being named a POI after this, there is no indication that BF isn't telling LE where he last saw GP, just that he isn't talking to the family which, honestly, is the right thing to do in this circumstance, especially if they are convinced he did something to her.

Since I'm catching up there is a good chance I will change my mind, but I do subscribe to the theory that when he last saw her, she was alive, and that something has happened since then. Not talking and lawyering up isn't a bad thing or admission of guilt, especially when you KNOW the court of public opinion is going to immediately look at you as the responsible party.

Also, I am of the opinion that GP was the one who sent the texts and added to Spotify before something happened. Service is known to be sketchy in that area, and we have no reason to think it WASN'T here until told otherwise. The mother not being sure if it was GP texting her is just that - she's not sure. She has no way to know for sure currently.

I'm also trying to catch up and it's very difficult because there is so much. I'm not at all convinced she was alive when he drove back to FL. In his Instagram account the last couple of posts, he's walking around with melons and spoons, apparently for hours. All by himself. The camera angle is low in some of the shots, indicating maybe he just had the camera sitting up on a rock and likely that Gabby was not the one photographing him. I think he was taking photos of himself for at least two days before he ended his trip. It just appears that way from his own account. He looks very solitary. IMO

I agree with this. My son's pretty quiet about that stuff too, so I wouldn't push him too much. If he flew home saying they broke up and then he moved her stuff out and then they made up, he'd fly back and then they fight again. What I would question is if he came back with HER van and not her. Then I'd really be pushing my son big time. I'd even tell her parents that he was home and she wasn't. We need to know if he actually purchased a round trip ticket or 2 separate tickets.

He could have concocted so many stories about why he had her van - she met up with a friend out there and was going to fly home later, for example. Of course it makes no sense now since she disappeared, but for a while it could have worked.

< MOD EDIT - this post and several below were moved from the MEDIA ONLY thread. That is why they appear to have come AFTER the Thread Closure. >

The last time her mother spoke with her was August 25th. Texts that came after that her mother now does not believe were from her. This might be the most suspect - according to one report a family friend said “After August 30, Gabby’s parents could not get in touch with Gabby or her fiancé. Her fiancé’s mother also did not respond to phone calls. ” This leads me to believe that by August 30th, his parents knew. Possible timeline now is between 8/25 and probably 8/29 the latest. LE checking gas station cameras, toll booths, cell phone tower pings, etc. to try to hone in on the time line.
I feel sure that investigators have tracked the phone's whereabouts and know exactly when he ended the trip and turned toward Florida.

interesting that the Utah Police says not enough evidence for criminal charges makes me wonder is someone saw this couple doing something" together" criminal and reported to LE.

The reports have been released now. The ‘criminal charges’ would have been domestic violence against Gabby, and the police didn’t want to do that, since she was a tiny little thing, and her ‘taller, older, and much heavier’ boyfriend didn’t seem to be in any danger from her.

The story about the two women being found dead was announced on the 20th.

If GP had happened to see on the local news on the hotel TV or online, that the two women who told BL to knock it off, stop hitting a woman, had turned up dead, could BL, having been asked by GP if he knew anything about it, perhaps have hastened his trip back to Utah, from the planned 23rd (as GP’s mother believed) to the 20th/21st?
What is Brian got drunk at the bar in Moab where the murdered gal worked after the cops sent him to the hotel

Once again, the question of whose car it was comes up. Since it was hers, he should have been the one walking off to cool down, rather than barricading her out of her own vehicle.

MOO
I agree! Also, it probably would've been a lot safer for a decent-sized man to be out walking around more so than it would've been for someone as petite as Gabby. Any good man would never allow a woman they love to get out of the vehicle and walk, especially when they're not even in their hometown.

Mother of Gabby Petito says boyfriend & his family IGNORED her desperate texts searching for her daughter even before she reported her missing.
Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online
Wow, shameful, I don’t think the apple falls to far from the tree in that family. I can only hope that they are in shock, trying to wrap their heads around what took place and will use legal counsel to arrange cooperation with LE, confession but I have my doubts

Last edited:
Once again, the question of whose car it was comes up. Since it was hers, he should have been the one walking off to cool down, rather than barricading her out of her own vehicle.

MOO
His behavior shows a decided lack of boundaries and severe control issues. This is her van, not his. He leaves on his feet, not with her vehicle.

Here's the complete text:

Incident

Pratt, Eric Aug 13, 2021

I arrived on scene and observed as two park officers also arrived. I assisted Officer Robbins with his investigation until I was called away to a report of an Intoxicated male near MRH posing a safety risk to himself or others.

Before leaving , I spoke with the male driver of the van, the female passenger, and also called Chris to get more information from him. All three individuals gave me a similar and consistent story, consisting of the basic idea that the driver of the van. a male, had some sort of argument with the female, Gabbie, as I recall. The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down. she didn't want to be separated from the mate and began slapping him. He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van. he tried to lock her out and succeeded except for his driver's door, she opened that and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off. No one reported that the male struck the female. both the male and the female reported they are in love and engaged to be married and desperately didn't wish to see anyone charged with a crime. There were no significant injuries reported and both agreed that Gabbie suffers from serious anxiety, etc. It appeared that this incident was more accurately categorized as a mental/emotional health "break" than a domestic assault.

I had to leave but I understand that Officer Robbins got the male lodging through Seekhaven. Gabbie retained possession of the van, and they agreed to separate for the night. No charges were filed and no one wished for charges to be filed or for the separation to take place, although that was at minimum what Officer Robbins required In lieu of making a case against Gabbie for domestic assault . Gabbie is a 22 year old female who is approximately 5'2"-·5'4" and -110~120 lbs. while her fiance is older. taller. and much heavier than her. He had no fear for his safety and did not exhibit any indicators that he may be a victim of "battered boyfriend syndrome" etc. He was assessed to be at low risk of danger or harm as a result or his proximity to his fianceGabbie. Nothing further. EOS. EMP.

Robbins, Daniel Scott Aug 13, 2021

On 8-12-21 at approximately 1644 hours, I responded to a possible domestic violence In progress call. A van, with both a male and female as occupants, was reported leaving the area of 39 E 100 North northbound on Main Street. One of the witnesses described the vehicle as a white Ford Transit Van with a black ladder on the rear with Florida license plate QFTG03. Witness, Christopher, reported seeing a male, later identified as Brian Laundrie, and a female. later identified as Gabrielle Petito, arguing over a phone. Christopher stated that when Brian got into the van, he saw what appeared to him as Gabrielle hitting Brian in the arm and then climbing through the driver's window as if Brian had locked her out and she was trying to find a way in.

I located a white van that matched the description on North Main Street at the Highway 128 turn off. After I crossed the bridge, I was able to catch up to the van at the turn off to Arches National Park. I confirmed the vehicle's license plate and initiated the stop. I followed the vehicle as it continued towards the entrance gate to Arches National Park. I noted the van traveling approximately 45 miles per hour in the 15 mile per hour speed zone. After I had activated my lights to Initiate a traffic stop. I watched the van cross the double yellow dividing line in lane one. merge to lane two. and abruptly swerve to the right. When the vehicle swerved, both the front and rear passenger side wheels hit the curb. A short distance before the entrance gate, the vehicle came to a stop.

I approached the vehicle and saw the only occupants being Gabrielle and Brian. Gabrielle. who was in the passenger seat, was crying uncontrollably. I asked Gabrielle to get out of the vehicle to speak with me. Gabrielle told me that she suffers from ………………….. with ……………………. She continued, because of her …………….. and ………….. combined with little arguments she and Brian had been having that day, she was struggling with her mental health, which led to the incident that was reported to fa\v enforcement. Gabrielle stated that when saw my lights, she hit Brian in the arm to get his attention. which in tum caused him to hit the curb while I was following them. I asked Gabrielle if her Intention was to hurt Brian and her response was that she did not Intend to hurt him but rather get his attention to notice me as I was behind them with my lights on. At no point in my investigation did Gabrielle stop crying, breathing heavily, or compose a sentence without needing to wipe away tears, wipe her nose. or rub her knees with her hands.

Robbins, Daniel Scott Aw 13, 2021

After I sat Gabrielle In the backseat of my car. I asked Brian to step out of the vehicle to speak with me. He told me they both suffer from……………….. and although her ………………... Is more advanced than his. Issues between the two had been building over the last few days. This in turn. caused them to argue more than usual. Brian told me neither he nor Gabrielle take medication for their ..…………. Brian explained he and Gabrielle have been traveling together for the last 4 or 5 months. That time spent created emotional strain between them and increased the number of arguments. While arguing near Main Street. he had attempted to separate from her in so they could both calm their emotions. He got into their van and Gabrielle had gone into a manic state. Brian said Gabrielle, thinking he was going to leave her in Moab without a ride, went to slap him. As Gabrielle started to swing. Brian pushed her away to avoid the slap. As a result Gabrielle off balance, but still caught Brian's face with some fingers causing some minor visible scratches. Brian continued that when he had seen my lights. he thought Gabrielle had grabbed the wheel of the van and pulled it. causing the van to hit the curb. I observed some small scratches to Brian's right arm and when I asked him about them, he supposed they must've happened when Gabrielle was trying to get his attention about me being behind them with my lights on. This. however. was not consistent with Gabrielle's statement, further suggesting her confused and emotional state.

After evaluating the totality of the circumstances. I do not believe the situation escalated to the level of a domestic assault as much as that of a mental health crisis. I then determined the most appropriate course of action would be to help separate the parties for the night so they could reset their mental states without interference from one another, and although they did express a desire to remain together, they both ultimately agreed to be separated until the following day. Accordingly. I was able to contact Safe Haven and get Brian a hotel room for the night. I instructed both Brian and Gabrielle to take advantage of this time apart to relax their emotions and regain control of their anxiety. I also asked them to avoid contacting each other until the next morning if at all possible. Gabrielle maintained possession of the van while I transported Brian to the hotel. They did both have their own cell phones in ease of emergency.

Around 1900 hours, I went to where witness Christopher ………... lived and had him fill out a statement form. Christopher told me that he was not entirety sure what it is he had seen. but feared the worst which is why he came forward as a witness and agreed to complete a written statement.

Body camera video is available on Evidence .com

The statement form from Christopher has been filed at Moab City Police Department.

End of Report

D. Robbins

2T9

8-13-21

https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438202349395267584/photo/1
https://twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438207512684212229/photo/1

Last edited:
the text records on 8/27 and 8/30 will show the cell towers they originated from. I wondering where BL "pinged " since now we know he was on his way home during this time.
This requires a tower dump, if I am not mistaken, and that may take a while. JMHO.

ETA, and on another topic, no way they were headed to Yosemite. That is an obvious attempt to divert attention to where BL was really going - without GP. IMHO.

RSBM:
I wonder what the POI (boyfriend) is suffering from that he can't even tell her parents where he last saw her?
I think it’s called Noproofofcrimesoscrewprisonitis. Diagnosed by avoidance, denial, callous indifference to the suffering of others, and a dedication to looking out for one’s own best interest above all, including those suffering great loss or intense public disapproval.

Let’s add to DSM-5…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member