Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Along the same lines, one thing I am having a hard time understanding is that if he killed Gabby, why would he proceed to get in her van and drive it across the country back home? ETA: We learned today the van's license plate was read coming back into the area at approx 10:30 am Sep. 1, but it has not been confirmed that it was BL who was the driver
IMO BL came back, van and all, because he needed his Mom. He figured she'd protect him. Voilà, she evidently is doing just that. They even concealed the white van in the garage; no one need have been any the wiser.
He may also have thought there was evidence of some kind in the van. Best to hide it while he worked at it to make sure he didn't leave anything compromising in it. This might have been paranoia as much as anything else.
Yep, he came home to Momma. I can't see him ever going abroad, let alone living there. Nor can I see him ever hanging out in the wilderness, except maybe in his dreams. He doesn't seem to have the mettle for it. You can just hike to a trail shelter and hang out if you want non-hikers to think you're a "skilled outdoorsman"; no one will be any the wiser, except maybe the real hikers you encounter, who might well be rolling their eyes.
AT legend: a group of FBI agents once who went out there, yep, looking like FBI agents in spiffy hiking get up and polished shoes, tripping down the trail, and couldn't eat a whole pizza between them. Dead giveaway. Busted. They were there looking for a fugitive (the Atlanta bomber? who was eventually caught just off the trail rummaging in the garbage of someone's vacant cabin.).
I was at a hostel on the AT where the hostel supervisor—a Presbyterian minister—turned someone into LE because he was making up crazy stuff (much of which was BS-ed after I went to bed, evidently), and she'd been around the block a few times and could size people up. She might have been warned by other hostelers further down the trail, as well. One tall tale I did hear: he said he was going to travel by dog sled from the Katahdin terminus across Canada to Alaska. His trail name was Iditrod, because he couldn't spell Iditarod correctly lol. And there was no snow at that time of year. It turned out, the FBI was looking for him.
So, yeah, there's a danger if you're faking it, you're not gonna make it very far. You will be noticed, even if no one says anything to you.

Last edited:
The new pics of the supposed site GP was found have changed my idea around what happened. I originally thought something happened in the van and then he moved her. After seeing that beautiful view I think that they set up camp or a spot to eat and take in the view and it all happened right there. So terribly sad, heartbreaking, and confusing. All IMO.

The one thing no one will ever be able to get over in this case is the lack of communication from BL's parents to Gabby's.

Even if I try to give them the most charitable view - perhaps BL put a spin on it such that she left him, etc. From the moment her van arrived at their home without her in it, that was when they had an obligation to tell her parents. They may regret that decision for the rest of their life.

Because even if BL had them snowed about the details of WHY Gabby wasn't there, they should have told her parents she wasn't there.

How's he getting to all these places? I don't doubt that he's on the road, I just wonder how he's doing it. Is he hitching rides or did daddy buy him a vehicle? (Please forgive if the answer is known -- if so, I missed it on one of the threads I haven't read yet. :confused:)

One more question: Have the Feds stopped their searches in the North Fork areas?
IF he's alive and not hospitalised or something he's probably using public transport and heavily disguised.
Dye his hair blonde, add millions of tattoos, a leather jacket, cowboy boots- who would recognise him?
I don't know answer to your second question.

I just did a long two-day drive last month and stayed in a large hotel near the Baltimore airport, and Dominos left the box outside my second-floor door, not at the front desk, FWIW.

Fair enough, I guess it just depends on the set up and security of the hotel. I stayed at a Fairfield Inn where you had to swipe/tap your room keycard to even get to where the rooms and elevators were, but most Fairfield Inns are franchised so it’s probably up to the individual franchisee how they run that sort of thing & deliveries etc.

Sure; and I say again: I bet $1,000 nobody at the FBI did so until Friday when his family sent out the SOS to LE, three days after (Tuesday) the family had last told LE "oh yeah, Brian's under our roof".

This leaves him three days to flee. Was I unclear somehow?

In the intervening three days, he could have wound up anywhere.

I tend to agree. They'll catch up with him eventually if that's what he did. But he's had plenty of time to get to any number of places where extradition is unlikely.

It is sad. I’m guessing a camper in the area did that for her.
While that may be so, the spot doesn't look like what we've seen in the aerial videos of the coroner's tent, which appeared to be in an area under trees near a gravel road. So even if this area was marked off by LE, I'm not sure it's the exact location where she was found. (I also thought the entire area was going to be closed for a longer time, but maybe it has been opened up again.)

JMO

Just a random thought - BL is a fairly common looking guy - hate to say that he likely could blend in unnoticed. I tend to believe there will be more false sightings than true - IF he is still alive. IMVHO

Yep. Also people may tend to say they saw him just for the attention it may give them. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

Because he wasn’t thinking clearly b/c he had just murdered his fiancé. Criminals do stupid stuff. I have no problem believing he drove that van back by himself in an adrenaline fueled nearly non-stop trip.
In all the cases that come to mind, where someone kills his partner, he doesn't go on the run, he stays home.

Most cases I read about, he doesn't even try to hide her body, he's just arrested. Then there are the famous cases where he hid her body but he just says she left/disappeared.

This was unusual because they were roadtripping, but what he wanted was to go back home.

I think it's because the guys who commit these partner murders are very insecure. The more secure guys just leave the home and leave the relationship.

JMO

Jeremy Harris on Twitter
NOW: we located this cross in the area of Spread Creek where investigators indicated they found the body believed to be #GabbyPetito . There are obvious signs that this area was extensively surveyed by crime scene techs. @KUTV2News

9:01 PM · Sep 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Jeremy Harris on Twitter
While not confirmed with police, I do believe this was likely the spot where she was found. Investigators had this area locked down until approximately an hour and a half ago, and there are paint marks all around this spot, likely for measurements from a CSI team. @KUTV2News

9:09 PM · Sep 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

g40001.gif

This made me tear up. That is the sweetest yet saddest thing I have seen in a long time.

I've noticed that BL is "following" less people on Instagram now compared to earlier today. I wonder if he's actually unfollowing people, or if they're blocking or removing him..

LE could be monitoring his SM, that may be reason for changes to any of his accounts. They are going through them.

Ok, sounds like the Feds told him not to hold it.

BREAKING- Laundrie’s attorney says the press conference for tomorrow that was going to be held in Long Island is cancelled. Read what he said below:

“As per my conversation with the FBI this evening there will be no press conference tomorrow.”
https://twitter.com/meganmyersnews/status/1440139350193446912?s=21
He didn't cancel it for 'personal' or 'family' reasons, then.
That seems clear.
Interesting.

Blow off steam or relieve his own anxiety? I get the feeling BL spent a lot of time in nature hiking around, alleviating his own stress. He just enjoyed it, IMO. Maybe they'd had another fight, maybe she was already dead, and he had to "walk it off" and calm down in order to think straight, and walking long distances was his way to do that. Also had the added bonus of establishing some kind of alibi for him, and he also got to shower. Win win win for him.
Maybe he had some of her possessions, maybe something incriminating, in the backpack and he got rid of that during his hiking.
Maybe her dead body was still in the van and he couldn't bring himself to get rid of the body yet. He had to think about what to do. Maybe even make sure she was really dead.

Speculation - IMO

Oh, this is a good point. I hadn't made the connection to his stress release behaviors.

It is correct. When they call in to get him a room, the LE mentions a Women's Shelter, and he chuckles, then clarifies it’s a male. After that, he asked if it was possible to get her a room, and IIRC he said, well, I tried.

After watching the interview of Dr. Phil with Gabby's dad, I observed that BL had been emasculated quite a few times in a short period. I wonder if that was always a problem for him or a point of contention for him. His resentment was boiling over.

- deemed "battered" by police and put up in a Women's Shelter
- didn't own the van
- didn't have a cell phone, only a cell used for texting (as a child would have)
- GP's father called him Brianne
- GP's disapproval of how he lived in the van // cleanliness // "I can't help if my feet are dirty." (like a child)
- GP and BL lived with his parents
- GP was dominating Nomadic Static, and the whole point of the trip was for her travel blog and potential career.
- BL was described as "jealous and controlling."
- and so on.

The parents might be hanging onto the hope that it wasn't his fault and waiting for what the autopsy shows. If it points to him, they may open up more re: his whereabouts.

I'm suspicious of they fact that they knew exactly where he was going to camp/hike, and so easily found the car (with keys inside - or brought their own set) and brought it back, without an eyebrow raised by anyone.

It seemed to be sort of a decoy move to throw off LE. Like he could totally have gone in the opposite direction by other means. Family attorney set up a network of people to move him to hide until autopsy back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13