Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a possibility. BL leaves GP alone, for whatever reason. Someone comes by and kills her. Until there is more evidence , it is certainly a possibility.
\i can see a possibility where he fried her head and devastated her psyche to the extent that she just started walking...and walking...and walked until she died..
I think it highly unlikely that a stranger murdered her and then went to the trouble to figure out that Stan was her mother's father and acted that out..

I have to leave the threads for the night, I am TRIGGERED. I really feel for the mods. WS always gets invaded by those who are not here for the victims when these high-profile cases hit. I thought I'd lose my mind during the CA and CW threads. And the mods are run ragged at these times. Thank you, Mods, for all you do to keep threads open and honor victims. It's what sets WS apart.

Is there a chance the family atty was fired by them?
Just my thoughts.
I guess not, since it wasn't reported that way.
Him canceling the presser is strange.
MOO
Apparently he had a conversation with the FBI earlier today, and while we do not know what that concerned, it appears to have factored into his decision.

RSBM

Just noting the alleged Yosemite text message was an 'exclusive' from the Daily Fail...er Mail. So it doesn't surprise me at all that it may turn out to be misinformation.

I hate to link to the DM, but this is just to verify it was an 'exclusive'
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Interesting. I'd had a weird gut scenario that she had sent the Stan message under duress as a cryptic way of raising the alarm but discounted it because it was then followed up by the Yosemite one when seemingly she wouldn't be alive.

Seems strange to me that he'd make such a huge error, paticularly if he had time to compose it. I guess he could have been panicking.

Is there a longer clip from the neighbor that says what dates he saw this? Just want to be sure he isn't recalling back to BL trip back for FL for the week prior to meeting back up with GP.
Can’t find a video but here’s the news story.

FBI concludes search of Brian Laundrie's home; removes evidence and tows away car

Guthrie says he found it strange how Laundrie acted like nothing happened when he returned home.

"It's very strange," says Guthrie. "Since he came back on the 1st it was like a normal day. Mother and son took a bike ride together around the neighborhood. Helped his father do some repairs around the garage."

Beautiful gentle young woman
Eagerly almost desperately collecting
The moments of joy she had remaining
Did she know they were slipping away?
Did she understand that so many vanlifers
Piece together seconds of smiles into collages
To please bored cubicle dwellers
Who dream of trading restlessness for wild dreams
Of a perfect life and perfect love and adventure
Maybe even with a beautiful gentle young woman
Who deserved so much happiness and love
Instead of inheriting iceberg-swept stones
Marking her final stumbling embrace of life

Arches park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship with Brian Laundrie seemed ‘toxic’

Melissa Hulls can still hear Gabby Petito’s voice.

On Aug. 12, the visitor and resource protection supervisor at Arches National Park, heard a call come over her radio of a possible domestic assault, stemming from an argument in Moab between Petito and her fiance, Brian Laundrie.

“I was probably more candid with her than I should've been,” Hulls recalls, warning Petito that her and Laundrie’s relationship had the markings of a “toxic” one.
Well, sadly, Hulls was absolutely right. But I think BL was the toxic part, and IMO, in more ways than one.

And Brian leaves her there? And flees to Florida? And then disappears? Because a stranger killed his girlfriend?

Possible. You think it’s totally impossible that happened? I think it is possible. Things like that have happened. What makes it so danged unlikely is how BL reacted.
Maybe BL and GP had a fight. He knows there’s a DV episode on record not long ago. Maybe there are signs of other incidents. Maybe he feels that he would not only be the prime suspect, but that he could get blamed for her death when he didn’t do it because it’s so implausible.

From page 3 of the police report which is freely available via a google search:

"I spoke with the male driver of the van, the female passenger, and also called Chris to get more information from him. All three individuals gave me a similar and consistent story, consisting of the basic idea that the driver of the van, a male, had some sort of argument with the female, Gabbie, as I recall. The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down, she didn't want to be separated from the male, and began slapping him. He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van, he tried to lock her out and succeeded except for his driver's door, she opened that and forced her way over him and into the vehicle before it drove off. No one reported that the male struck the female, both the male and the female reported they are in love and engaged to be married and desperately didn't wish to see anyone charged with a crime. There were no significant injuries reported and both agreed that Gabbie suffers from serious anxiety, etc. It appeared that this incident was more accurately categorized as a mental/emotional health "break" than a domestic assault."
Gabby Petito investigation: North Port police search warrant provides new details | WFLA
911 call. Brian was hitting her. Also she's dead now.

Yes, that wasn't long at all. I'm guessing she was largely intact. I also think she was dumped there, as opposed to actually being murdered there.
My own mother posted Gabby on fb. Then shortly after that my daughter posted on fb her anger at BL.

I was blew away. I didn't know they knew of or followed Gabby....

Just goes to show how in depth Gabby has reached peoples hearts.....

Makeshift cross found in area where crews searched for Gabby Petito

For those who want a Different source than Daily Mail

Several rocks were placed on the ground in the shape of a makeshift cross near where investigators found what they believed were the remains of Gabby Petito.

It was the same area where a video blogging family reported seeing Gabby’s white Ford Transit parked off the road.

The ground were the road had been placed showed signs activity, including recent digging and paint marks.

Though not confirmed by officials as the spot where they believed the woman’s body was found, it was the same area that had been closed off until investigators left the scene.

Last edited:
They may have been placed by Gabby's dad.

I don't have a problem with it. The man just lost his daughter...if it was him and it gives him some comfort, I'm totally fine with it.
They are stones, they will be dispersed by natural forces at some point.
It's not spray paint.

He was already in Florida. He gave a statement there at the North Point City Hall.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I believe she was likely in relatively decent shape (considering the passage of time), because of how quickly she was identified (preliminary).

Also by how fast her body was removed by the coroner, and how quickly the scene was processed.

The location itself strikes me as more of a dumpsite, just based on where the van was apparently parked, and where her body was located in relation to that.

I think it's possible what happened, happened in the van itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any clarity on the timeline of the texts? I can see even more how the Yosemite mistake was made if the texts were (paraphrasing):
1. Help Stan out, he won't stop calling
2. No service in Yosemite

Can picture someone stressed out, trying to cover tracks and destroy/alter cell phone data evidence who gets angry cause a call keeps popping up blocking the screen. The upset request comes first, and then a rushed justification follows. MOO and probably not super important, just wrapping my head around the pace of BL's possible actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar