Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby went into this adventure with a goal and a purpose. She worked and saved to follow her dream. Not my dream but hers.

I try to find what was Brian’s dream? Everybody has to have some kind of goal. Following one’s girlfriend isn’t it!

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there was speculation that he fleed to hike the Appalachian Trail. My best friend is in EKY so I asked her if there was any way there'd be able to do that and go unseen. She said, "I mean, he could get deep in the mountains but there are still pockets of people and the Appalachian Trail is super popular."

And if he was a fan of hiking the AT, he would know that. So I highly doubt that if he went somewhere, it's there.

MOO

I think the Baker sighting is him. The backpack is also shown in another picture in the back of the van, possibly at the Moab traffic stop. It's an unusual combination for a backpack. It's a hell of a coincidence if its not him. Lines up with other sightings as well.

Gabby went into this adventure with a goal and a purpose. She worked and saved to follow her dream. Not my dream but hers.

I try to find what was Brian’s dream? Everybody has to have some kind of goal. Following one’s girlfriend isn’t it!

Bryan had no purpose other than to drive and pose for Gabby's photos.

Bryan should have been in the real world of working and studying to be able to get some kind of job to support himself.

I’ve written that I see the signs of enabling between Brian and his parents.

My dear friend enables her alcoholic son and it’s a tragedy.

I had no goals at that age. Some of us just struggle to figure out what to do.

I'm trying to understand the timeline..it takes 35 hours to drive from grand Teton to North port florida not including sleep, gas, bathroom breaks, food, traffic, construction etc.....on August 29th BL was picked up hitchhiking in grand Teton and dropped off about 10.miles from where his van was spotted...a traffic cam caught his van near north port Florida at about 10:30 am on Sept 1. Doable but doesn't leave much time for anything

Sorry - I screwed up this post. I missed a day in the calendar. There was plenty of time for him to make the drive.

From (estimate) Aug 29 11:00 PM (MST) until Sept. 1 10:30 AM (EST) is about 58 hours to make a 35-hour trip.

Last edited:
Coming out of lurking to repeat something that my dad thinks is going to happen...it's probably not something that will but I think it bares repeating just because it caused me to stop and think.
His last known location was a swampy area in Florida.
My dad thinks that someone is going to come across a body part of his, such as a finger, arm or hand and the parents are going to start shouting that he was ate by gators or some other local wildlife hoping that this will keep everyone off his tale and allow him to be on the run for longer.

I do not think that he is going to kill himself because I don't think that he feels guilt for whatever he may have done to Gabby (IMO-he murdered her). He's a classic gaslighting abusive narcissist and think he's smarter than everyone around him (IMO-he's not).
The fake cellphone text to Gabby's mom proves that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but you wouldn't be able to convince him of that.
I’m sorry, but is your dad suggesting Brian is on the run with one less finger, arm and/or hand?! So much for blending in on the lam. Mike Williams (also of FL) was believed to have been eaten by gators for 20 years before he was ultimately found buried in a ditch. No need to self-remove body parts.

Exactly. I wonder how he got out if the house without anyone seeing him. JMO but watching the news, it looked like there were always groups of people in front of the Laundrie home.
I suspect that the mustang was in the garage all the time that he was home and the van was parked behind it until it was towed away. That may be why we never saw the mustang until Wednesday of last week. He may have stashed supplies in the trunk. Then, reportedly drove the mustang to the park where his parents scooped it up late Tuesday or early Wednesday. Also, if it is true that an empty gun case was found in the mustang by LE after it had been returned to the driveway, his parents certainly saw it and knew that he had the gun. They may not have known that until after they picked up the mustang from the park...but then they worried that he was suicidal yet waited til Friday to invite LE to speak with them. JMO SORRY for repost!! I had to repost to get rid of it in reply box.

Where is this picture of what could be Brian hiking?

I'm trying to understand the timeline..it takes 35 hours to drive from grand Teton to North port florida not including sleep, gas, bathroom breaks, food, traffic, construction etc.....on August 29th BL was picked up hitchhiking in grand Teton and dropped off about 10.miles from where his van was spotted...a traffic cam caught his van near north port Florida at about 10:30 am on Sept 1. Doable but doesn't leave much time for anything

If he was seen in Grand Teton around 6:30 pm on the 29th (Sunday) and seen in North Port Florida at 10:30 am on September 1st (Wednesday) that is 64 hours between sightings. A 35 hour trip is definitely doable in that time period, even if he didn't leave until the morning of the 30th (Monday.)

If I'm understanding this correctly this area is accessible to the public and she was found just lying there not covered, buried, etc, etc? If that is the case how did no one notice a body there from August 27th? to September 19th?
It was not right by a road or in a hiking area I don’t think… I wonder from the road, how well you can even see over there?
If you consider all the other sightings of BL and the drive time to get back to FL, I can't imagine why they don't think it could be.
I read that too but now I can’t find a source anywhere? I looked extensively. (Plus the time to get back to FL after that is totally possible…. As we know.) Anyway do you have the source for that?

Does anybody think that BL could just be hiding somewhere until whatever wounds he has could heal? After about 3 weeks, it could be hard to pinpoint some injuries let alone
Someone should ask the neighbor if he got a good look at Brian while he was mowing the lawn to confirm whether or not he even had wounds.

No kidding! This is unreal. My son is married and if he lost his wife...well, he'd be a mess. But no, I wouldn't be carrying on as usual!

My MIL and I don't have the best relationship, but I don't believe she'd go days without contacting my mother to make sure I'm okay. And vice versa, my mother would be very upset and call to make sure my MIL is okay, too. Plus, we have a kid together. Everyone plays nice because he exists.

They have no children, but they had a history together going back to childhood, if my memory serves me correctly. I can't understand how the parents wouldn't be concerned for Gabby if they thought she was out there by herself.

My sentiments exactly. I expected to see images of cliffs in the background and instead see a copse of trees and level fields and streams.
48174745-10011415-The_memorial_is_placed_near_to_where_authorities_found_a_body_be-a-4_1632215602664.jpg
I thought the same thing with all the talk about rugged wilderness and then I see chopper footage and what I see is a huge cow pasture next to a creek. Turns out that whole valley is pretty flat and wife open

I wonder what was the clue sending them back today in a specific area? Parents? Since FBI was at the House yesterday???
After rains, certain areas of parks are prone to flooding. I think maybe it might help narrow the search area. Park rangers should be familiar with areas prone to flooding, and may know areas where he could hide that would get him out of water. MOO

Bryan had no purpose other than to drive and pose for Gabby's photos.

Bryan should have been in the real world of working and studying to be able to get some kind of job to support himself.

I’ve written that I see the signs of enabling between Brian and his parents.

My dear friend enables her alcoholic son and it’s a tragedy.
I think Laundries "goal" s0-to-speak was to enjoy life on his own terms.

My sentiments exactly. I expected to see images of cliffs in the background and instead see a copse of trees and level fields and streams.
48174745-10011415-The_memorial_is_placed_near_to_where_authorities_found_a_body_be-a-4_1632215602664.jpg
I thought the same thing with all the talk about rugged wilderness and then I see chopper footage and what I see is a huge cow pasture next to a creek. Turns out that whole valley is pretty flat and wide open

After rains, certain areas of parks are prone to flooding. I think maybe it might help narrow the search area. Park rangers should be familiar with areas prone to flooding, and may know areas where he could hide that would get him out of water. MOO

Correct, but there's also a chance something could wash up once the water levels went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member