Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been reported that this “reserve” is full of snakes, alligators and mosquitoes. Maybe it’s just me, but if my child told me they were going to visit this place, I would question their sanity and likely call someone for help or back up. These parents claim their son went there few days ago. AND YOU’RE OK WITH THAT? They haven’t called for someone to go find him? Either they figure oh well, he’s a super good alligator wrestler, or they know he’s gone elsewhere and he’s safe. Why didn’t they call the police and say listen, something is wrong with him, he’s gone in there, or he’s been in there over night (!!!), please go find him! Who in their right mind would allow a family member to go there and stay there?!

Is it possible he didn’t tell them what happened? Some kids won’t tell their parents if they get a speeding ticket. They hope they’ll get away with it, at least until the insurance bill skyrockets. Could he have been immature and hoped no one would find out? Maybe he told them they broke up but not anything else? The neighbour claims he saw him going about daily life since his return. He said he was going on bike rides with mom and helping dad in the garage. Was this staged? Is he a good actor or did he believe he left her behind alive?

I like to believe people are innocent until proven guilty. It is easy to jump to conclusions. People keep commenting on how young she was, but he is young too. It may have been the first time a girl that he really loved broke up with him. Maybe she literally left him and he had enough of this and left her alone there. I hope he is found alive so he can let her family know what really happened. They deserve to know the truth. But with so much speculation, accusations, etc., if he’s out there reading it all and listening to media, of course he will be scared and run. He sees that no one will believe anything he says and he’s already been convicted. It does not look good for him, but he needs to be an adult now and take responsibility for his actions. Evidence will either convict or clear him. In this day and age, security camera footage alone will help fill in the blanks.

It's been a while since I've posted on WS, (Hello from the Heather Elvis threads) but this case has brought me right back in.

Where is Gabby's phone and laptop? Does the FBI have access to her iCloud account? Other accounts? I'm positive LE can clone the IMEI to another iPhone to gain all sorts of information that is available from the applications that were installed.

As far as being able to make the drive in one trip, some of you might be amazed at the capabilities of the human body. About a decade ago, I drove a fully loaded Expedition towing a fully loaded Uhaul trailer from Kansas City, MO to Corpus Christi, TX, unloaded the SUV, unloaded the trailer, set a few things up in the new apartment, drove back to Kansas City, MO, loaded the SUV and the Uhaul again, and made it to Dallas before I was too tired to go further. It was 13 hours to get there, 2 hours of unloading, 12 hours to get back, 4 hours to re-load my belongings, and then 7 hours to Dallas. That's 38 hours straight. I was not in as good of physical shape as BL, didn't have his youth, and did not have the adrenaline boost of, ya know, allegedly murdering someone, and even then, it was possible.

I think the guy on the Trail Cam looks very similar to BL, but HOLY CRAPOLA imagine capturing that on your Trail Cam? Everyone buy Trail Cams. That image is shocking no matter what.

BL had a lawyer before the family knew she was missing. MOO
We don't know that. They could have a family friend lawyer that helps them with there real estate dealings. When the parents find out she is missing from GPs family they could have contacted the lawyer right then. Or even after the cops showed up they could have said Contact Our Lawyer and then called the lawyer to tell him they just dropped him into the mess they were now creating

Any chance BL could have gotten some escape cover during hurricane Ida? I don't think that area of FL was affected, but possibly he could have gotten closer to Mexico by hiding among people who were evacuating if he was even in the area of parents home.
I don’t think most Floridians even paid attn to Ida, certainly no evacuation concerns. Her impact on FL had long been established to be negligible.

I’m sorry, but is your dad suggesting Brian is on the run with one less finger, arm and/or hand?! So much for blending in on the lam. Mike Williams (also of FL) was believed to have been eaten by gators for 20 years before he was ultimately found buried in a ditch. No need to self-remove body parts.

Yes, that's exactly what my dad was suggesting.
Mutilating himself to make it LOOK as if he'd been eaten so that he could remain on the run with everyone pretty much throwing up their hands and saying that he was dead because of the finger or whatever they'd come across.
It was just a theory much like all the other ones currently being thrown around on here.
I just thought it was interesting and worth noting.
Yes, he wouldn't blend in but he's also not exactly smart given that he, IMO, texted GP mom and called her grandfather by his first name and also returned to his mom and dad's house in the van without GP and also took off, again, when the heat was turned up on him.

It’s been reported that this “reserve” is full of snakes, alligators and mosquitoes. Maybe it’s just me, but if my child told me they were going to visit this place, I would question their sanity and likely call someone for help or back up. These parents claim their son went there few days ago. AND YOU’RE OK WITH THAT? They haven’t called for someone to go find him? Either they figure oh well, he’s a super good alligator wrestler, or they know he’s gone elsewhere and he’s safe. Why didn’t they call the police and say listen, something is wrong with him, he’s gone in there, or he’s been in there over night (!!!), please go find him! Who in their right mind would allow a family member to go there and stay there?!

Is it possible he didn’t tell them what happened? Some kids won’t tell their parents if they get a speeding ticket. They hope they’ll get away with it, at least until the insurance bill skyrockets. Could he have been immature and hoped no one would find out? Maybe he told them they broke up but not anything else? The neighbour claims he saw him going about daily life since his return. He said he was going on bike rides with mom and helping dad in the garage. Was this staged? Is he a good actor or did he believe he left her behind alive?

I like to believe people are innocent until proven guilty. It is easy to jump to conclusions. People keep commenting on how young she was, but he is young too. It may have been the first time a girl that he really loved broke up with him. Maybe she literally left him and he had enough of this and left her alone there. I hope he is found alive so he can let her family know what really happened. They deserve to know the truth. But with so much speculation, accusations, etc., if he’s out there reading it all and listening to media, of course he will be scared and run. He sees that no one will believe anything he says and he’s already been convicted. It does not look good for him, but he needs to be an adult now and take responsibility for his actions. Evidence will either convict or clear him. In this day and age, security camera footage alone will help fill in the blanks.

As she was found 1000 ft from an established and busy campground, I think we can stop floating the idea that he left her somewhere alive.

I realised that last night.
We know nothing at all about them apart from the fact that they were apparently uncooperative with LE until they needed LE help, allegedly...
Time enough to hate them if facts emerge to support that.
I find it very hard to warm to them though, that's just me personally. Bias.
Agreed. It's hard to be unbiased

Correct, but there's also a chance something could wash up once the water levels went down.
We had heavy rains yesterday and I believe it increased the odds of flooding, and he would have had to seek higher ground. The parks in my area flood after rain, and locals know what areas to avoid, and where you can go to be dry. MOO

I keep going back to the pictures of the area where her body was found. The streams are close by. He could very well have drowned her. They may be shallow but it doesn't take more than a couple of inches of water to drown someone that is unable to resist.

48174745-10011415-The_memorial_is_placed_near_to_where_authorities_found_a_body_be-a-4_1632215602664.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a short MSM piece mentioning the possible trail camera photo of BL near Baker, FL. The photo was from early yesterday morning (9/20/21, 6:17 am)

OCSO addresses social media speculation of possible Brian Laundrie sighting | WKRG

The photo does look kind of like him. Some have compared the backpack to whatever is on the seat of the dashcam video of the white van in the Spread Creek Dispersed campsite.

On the other hand, the trail cam photo is very dim and could easily be of some other guy. And now the FBI is searching in the Carlton Reserve. So they probably don't think it was BL near Baker.

JMO
Aside from the ears and possibly the nose, it does look a lot like Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95