Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first attempt to post a comment since this all started. The opening and closing of threads were so rapid, it seemed faster than the news coverage on this story.'

First of all I find it so remarkable that Gabby was found so quickly considering the vast area that was in front of them. I'm not a camper, if you see one tree, you've seen them all IMO.

I woke up this morning thinking about the Park Ranger (female) at the traffic stop. I really wondered about her and what she must be feeling knowing now how this was all happening. Then I turned on Fox News and she has actually now made. She was of the belief that Gabby was in a toxic relationship. Spoke to Gabby about how this could be a opportunity for her to move into a new path of life. She spent time trying to talk to Gabby about basically removing herself from this relationship. I wish I wrote down exactly what she said in her statement but I didn't. I'm sure it will be on the news again as the day goes by.

This indicates to me that the officer's who did all the talking, the one's who put BL into the victim box have to also know at this point too, that it's one and the same from that traffic stop.

Lastly, is it possible that when the two separate witnesses called in to report the altercation of BL and Gabby that they were routed to different dispatch offices, so they weren't connected to the actual traffic stop? They received the report that Gabby was hitting him and that's the information they had in order to make the stop? I'm trying my hardest to understand why they never considered Gabby was the victim and her reaction was what was seen by the witness?
. I read elsewhere, that she was found near where that couple traveling through GT NP filming the scenery, and later noticing that her van was in their video, reported the van being located. They sent a clip to LE showing the van by the side of the road.

I don't know if it's true, that LE was able to use that as a starting point in their eventually successful search, but it would explain why LE felt that contribution to their info collected from the public was so significant. Does anyone here know, if her remains were found in the general vicinity of the van sighting by that couple traveling through?

And here's a link to an article quoting that female officer at the scene of LE's questioning of GP and BL re: the domestic violence report:
i-can-still-hear-her-voice-arches-park-ranger-warned-gabby-petito-relationship-seemed-toxic-brian

IMO I completely agree. The drive one must have to take that trip on by yourself is intense. At the very earliest he would have started the drive later evening of the 29th if we can assume that Miranda Baker and her fiancé were correct in their account.

Intense but doable because it gives him evening of the 29th, all of 30th, all of 31st and early morning hours of 1st until 10:26am to do about a 36 hour drive.
If BL left at 9PM on 8/29, he had 61 hours total to reach NP at 10:26AM on 9/1. IMO this is what happened based on TIKTOK hitchhike alibi.

B has supposedly been an entire week in the preserve. Unless he walked out at least once, he would have had to pack in a bunch of food & water.

I don't believe he's in this wilderness foraging off the land, getting his survival needs met. So I think at this point LE is thinking they'll find a body. I don't think he's in this preserve. I think he headed north out of FLA. The puzzling part is he went for a bike ride with Mommy. Those days he could have been headed out of the country instead. Was he simply dissociated, in such deep denial he was even hiding what he'd done from himself?

LE was presented with the lawyers card upon arrival at the home, so it's clear as far as I'm concerned. JMO
Not disagreeing with that but the family knew she was missing before LE arrived. GPs parents had already been in contact with them through social media. So if BL told them it was a breakup and GP was staying with her friend they may have believed it until the texts from GPs mom. Her friend did report that when GP and BL fought GP would come stay with her.

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

Another women saw the van on the road at Spread Creek on Aug. 26th.
She passed the driving van and saw only one man on the driving seat.
She later saw the van abandoned for about two days.
I think the timeline notes Gabby sent a snap on the 27th. If it was a selfie then she was still alive at some point during the day. If so, any sighting for the 26th may not be significant. Depends on what the Snapchat photo was of I suppose. /JMO

Someone had mentioned yesterday that one of the Spotify playlists had a cover of Harvest Moon by Lord Huron on it. I had to take a drive this morning and picked my Lord Huron channel on Pandora. The first song that came on was Time Will Tell by Gregory Alan Isakov.

Time will tell, she'll see us through

Hopefully with time, we'll learn what happened to Gabby and anyone/everyone who played a role in her death and the events afterwards, will be brought to justice.

Another poster mentioned that it looks like the stone cross has been there a while because of the indentations in the sand beneath the rocks. In this photo you can also see that leaves are stuck under the rocks which also supports the idea that the cross at some point was in flowing water.
Gabby Petito memorial found where body was discovered
petito-cross03.jpg

It's been a while since I've posted on WS, (Hello from the Heather Elvis threads) but this case has brought me right back in.

Where is Gabby's phone and laptop? Does the FBI have access to her iCloud account? Other accounts? I'm positive LE can clone the IMEI to another iPhone to gain all sorts of information that is available from the applications that were installed.

As far as being able to make the drive in one trip, some of you might be amazed at the capabilities of the human body. About a decade ago, I drove a fully loaded Expedition towing a fully loaded Uhaul trailer from Kansas City, MO to Corpus Christi, TX, unloaded the SUV, unloaded the trailer, set a few things up in the new apartment, drove back to Kansas City, MO, loaded the SUV and the Uhaul again, and made it to Dallas before I was too tired to go further. It was 13 hours to get there, 2 hours of unloading, 12 hours to get back, 4 hours to re-load my belongings, and then 7 hours to Dallas. That's 38 hours straight. I was not in as good of physical shape as BL, didn't have his youth, and did not have the adrenaline boost of, ya know, allegedly murdering someone, and even then, it was possible.

I think the guy on the Trail Cam looks very similar to BL, but HOLY CRAPOLA imagine capturing that on your Trail Cam? Everyone buy Trail Cams. That image is shocking no matter what.
Good to see you here for Gabby
We don’t know about the phone or laptop but the search warrant was released yesterday for her Van
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ne-no-discussion.586401/page-19#post-17106003
the media thread may be a quick catch up for you

Last edited:
Has there been any speculation or evidence whether she died at the creek, or if he carried her there to hide the body? Seems like a long way to carry someone.

We haven't heard any report of Gabby being seen alive at the campground.

I think the last confirmed time that has been shared with the public is that she was alive on the 25th.

So, taking the neighbor's eye-witness account into consideration - Brian returns home, takes a bike ride with mom, helps Dad do repairs in the garage, then mows the lawn before disappearing to kill himself.
Pretty cool, composed character this Brian.
A bike might allow some distance from his area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeonGhostWolf