Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone do that?
Stamps and postmarks are a big part of sending a postcard. Of the experience and treasure of a postcard.
(And of their ultimate financial value as collectibles actually.)

If you go to the trouble and expense of buying (or printing) a postcard, and then handwriting on it;
why would you then chuck a bunch of these in an envelope?
You're saving a few cents (maybe dollars) on stamps, but you've already spend dollars on the postcards anyway.
And you've already spent time and effort;
finding somewhere to buy them,
buying them,
(or taking a photo,
and printing it or getting it printed),
collecting your thoughts,
finding the addresses you need,
writing on them...
It's not much more time or effort to stick a stamp on and chuck it in the next mailbox you pass by.

I am a regular postcard sender and receiver and I don't think I would ever do the envelope thing you suggested as an explination.
Even if I can't always mail the postcards in the exact places they are from for reasons of practicality or lack of postboxes, I still get them in the post with a stamp somewhere.
Often I go to the trouble of going to a postoffice and getting them postmarked by hand to make sure the machines don't miss them, and/or to get a special postmark.

So.. your observation of the lack of stamps and postmarks makes me suspicious.
Did Gabby have a bunch saved up because they hadn't seen a mailbox for a while?
Did Brian forget to post them before travelling home? Did he just hand them to his sister when he got back?
Did he forget until he was halfway home, and then envelope them because if they all had the same postmark, that would look weird?
Or because he wanted to create the illusion that Gabby had mailed them from wherever she was supposed to be after she was dead?
Was he worried that if he posted them all individually, he'd be creating a trail of evidence of his movements via the postmarks?

OK maybe I'm overthinking it, but I still think it's a weird thing to do.

I did this for my nieces and nephews when I was in Europe, a postcard always went missing, and a kid would feel left out. So i sent them in an envelope. That way if it went missing, they all did or if it arrived, my sister would just open it and put them in the letterbox like they were sent that way. Kids none the wiser, and everyone included

I don't think his parents knew. I thank he spun them a pretty good story as to why he was back and she wasn't. I think his mon and dad are just totally blindsided by this and have just been blundering around in their protection of their son. I am having a hard time imagining that someone who had time to plan his daring escape could make such ridiculous statements about when the car was gone, especially since they knew they were under constant media surveillance since Wednesday morning. They probably can't even keep track of what today is much less what they did a couple days ago.

I have a hard time imagining why his mom wouldn't reply to Gabbys mom though, or how his parents would think it's normal that Brian was in possession of her vehicle and she was just gone after having lived with their family for over 2 years...

One idea is to google "abusers as narcissists" & see if what comes up fits how you view B's behavior toward G. But first you'd have to agree B was an abuser, I guess. I see it, but of course this is my opinion, & as another poster pointed out, projection is playing a role in posts, of course. YMMV ;)
I got fooled by the original video and the police report- thinking they were equally to blame and no other red flags. I am now looking at that interaction completely differently. Hindsight is where all the learning occurs sometimes.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1440366413831573510?s=20

Short video at the link.

"Police and the FBI are not doing media interviews. But North Port PD did provide this interview they did with Commander Joe Fussell. He says they have multiple drones up. There is also a Florida Fish and Wildlife helicopter above us now. 75% of the area is underwater."

In NY I have the enhanced driver’s license, which I am pretty sure can be used in lieu of a passport by land into Canada and Mexico. Not by air, though. It’s also known as the star card or the real id. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I that’s what I think it said on the forms I filled out to get that enhanced license.

You need a real passport for Mexico. At least I did a few years ago. Not sure about Canada.

ModNote:

Gabby's father is a victim. He is NOT considered a POI. He is indeed a grieving parent at this time. Do not continue with any negative speculation in regards to her father.

Thread will remain closed for 45mins - an hour. If there is *ACTIVE BREAKING NEWS* please alert on this post to get the attention of a Mod.

Thanks

The witness said he wasn't sure how serious the dispute was, and that it was "hard to tell if they were sort of play fighting, but from my point of view, something definitely didn't seem right."

Chris added that it seemed as if Laundrie was trying to leave Petito and take her phone with him.

At the end of the witness statement, Chris acknowledges that another person had called in the incident. In another 911 call, a witness told police that Petito was slapping Petito during the altercation.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...ess-heard-petito-ask-laundrie-during-incident

So it seems there was definitely a break down in communication between LE and the dispatchers and reporting the information from 2 separate witnesses. LE that pulled them over obviously didn't have the information from both people that reported. That's where there was some confusion earlier on on this board as well. This is so very sad because honestly LE could have arrested and charged them both. Maybe they could have gotten some more help.

Gabby should be alive and happy, with her whole life ahead of her. It's devastating that she isn't.

But I really hope that Gabby's legacy is to improve the training of police officers, park rangers and dispatchers to help them deal with similar circumstances better in future, not just in tourist areas, but across the US.

More information needs to be made available at National Parks and campsites, providing ways to access help and support if required. This information needs to be inside toilet facilities too, as this may be the only time vulnerable people are alone and able to safely access help.

Abusive relationships occur in every walk of life, but whilst travelling can be a wonderful experience, we've learned that it can also be extremely stressful and significantly increase the vulnerability of people who may be hundreds of miles away from their usual support system.

It would be a fitting tribute if she could be remembered for her spirit of adventure and how she brought about change that could save lives.

The Okaloosa County Sheriff says they did an extensive search that took place in the area this picture was taken -- including a search by drone. They say no one -- and nothing of note -- was located. Not connected to Brian Laundrie in this area, they say.

2F4B2DBB-B6C7-4876-8AA2-4F82DB5AEB66.jpeg
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440397978762579974?s=21

There was talk on TV about Gabrielle's father buying her a Pizza and having it delivered. Does anyone know more about this? Was she alone at a motel?

I don't think his parents knew. I thank he spun them a pretty good story as to why he was back and she wasn't. I think his mon and dad are just totally blindsided by this and have just been blundering around in their protection of their son. I am having a hard time imagining that someone who had time to plan his daring escape could make such ridiculous statements about when the car was gone, especially since they knew they were under constant media surveillance since Wednesday morning. They probably can't even keep track of what today is much less what they did a couple days ago.
But if they believed whatever story he told them (except that he murdered her) why

Gabby Petito Family Attorney Releases 40-Word Statement, With Wyoming Autopsy Results Pending

An attorney for Gabby Petito's family released a brief statement to the media Tuesday as the young woman's family awaits expected grim results from an autopsy conducted Tuesday on a body found in a Wyoming park over the weekend.

"I want to personally thank the press and news media for giving the Petito and Schmidt family time to grieve," lawyer Richard Stafford said, referring to Petito's mom, dad, stepfather and stepmother. "We will be making a statement when Gabby is home. I will contact you to arrange a time and location."

I don't think the deer cam pic is BL. The sideburns and forehead structure, and his weight/build are all just a bit off. But also, the trail cam guy is carrying his backpack by one loop on one shoulder. If you look at the bodycam footage, BL is definitely a "double looper" and wears his backpack on both shoulders unless he's digging for something in it.

What surprises me, though, is why aren't we seeing guys from these potential pics (the trail cam and the headphones guy on the street) coming forward saying "nah, that was just me, I'm so and so and was doing XYZ"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo