Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the remains are those of Gabrielle Venora Petito, date of birth March 19, 1999. Coroner Blue’s initial determination for the manner of death is homicide. The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.
https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1440421552042897415?s=21

So BL still remains a POI because there isn't enough evidence to say he's a suspect and wanted for murder, correct?

Manner of Death https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1440421552042897415?s=20
#Homicide
E_1nxMPVgAUDJZB

they are living in the van and visiting towns as well. They park in Walmart's as well as national parks. There is plenty of opportunities to skateboard. <modsnip - no link>

Is the US Sun or The Daily Beast approved MSM? Is there a list of approved sources I can peruse? Both had details about the thing that was modsnipped here. Not complaining just wondering.

People are curious to see all the details. It doesn't really matter, the video has been deleted and it's not out there any longer. The videos that remain make sure to stay clear of the area where her body was so it's really a moot point.

Moot point or not, people are asking for repostings or for those who did see her body to find it and repost (see for example #645), I feel like you can be curious about details and not try to find footage of her remains...JMO Totally okay if we disagree on this, but wanted to see if this is a fairly normal experience as this is my first time actively following threads (and try to report them if it's not allowed so that this thread doesn't get shut down).

When BL flew back to FL and left her in a hotel in SLC, where was the van and/or van keys? Meaning did he drive it to airport or leave it with her? But if it was with her, did she have the keys?

MOO That isn’t where Gabby was found. She was found near the water. There are images here of the site including all the crime scene markers and spray painted measurements and a cross marking her body. Those of us that saw the live feed that showed her also saw the body right near that creek where the cross is shown.
I don't think we know that for sure. The cross was first reported by an (independent?) photographer and by the Daily Mail. The area with the cross does not resemble the area that law enforcement was examining when they found Gabby's remains, though it may be nearby. It is unclear who made the stone cross and when, though some here have suggested it was there for a while. Some have argued that the "crime scene markers" near the cross may actually be some other sort of marker.

It's also possible that LE marked up a large area near where the remains were found. For instance, if they thought there was evidence of a struggle or if Gabby's body had been dragged across the stream bed to where her remains were found, they might've put markers in a larger area.

While some have come to conclusions based on looking at the photo with the stone cross, I don't think we know exactly where Gabby's remains were found, whether they were buried, etc. I'm guessing that more info will come out soon, perhaps when the preliminary autopsy results are released.

JMO

The other poster asked about getting into Canada and if there would be records if they got in. They live on an island and wanted some perspective.
There are backroads at the U.S. Canadian border where no one will know if you drive in. There are alternate ways to get into Canada. I've heard this many times from friends in Seattle, & read it elsewhere, though this will get flagged as rumor I'm sure. Now, would B know this? I doubt it, personally, but maybe, if he made it to NY, he could try it.

RE the messy van shown in the bodycam:

Didn't Brian tell the Moab officers that he had been moving her food around and that she might be mad about that? Looks like he may have been moving it using a few overhand throws. (forcefully, disrespectfully, and messy) That would upset me, too!

I didn't think the van looked that messy. They were going to a new camping area, all their camping stuff was in there. Food, tent, pillows, blankets, etc. I used to go camping 2-3 times a summer and believe me, the van I used to use to camp from was MUCH more messy than their van after a day or two. I can't believe all the van campers here saying you have to be organized to camp. No, you don't! I never was. I went camping this summer just once with my husband and dog and by day 3 both of our cars were a messy disaster. To me, the mess doesn't indicate anything, but it obviously bothered Gabby. When I heard her say she was trying to keep the van "clean" I thought, you are fighting a losing battle girl. You are camping in the backwoods of a national park and you cannot expect that van to stay clean. Keep your tent clean, but who cares about the van. The van is for hauling stuff and driving, IMO.

Not taking BL's side here, but she was not being realistic about dirt etc. in that tiny van. In my experience, camping = dirt and messiness. Gabby, RIP, might not have been a great candidate for the camping lifestyle.

Moot point or not, people are asking for repostings or for those who did see her body to find it and repost (see for example #645), I feel like you can be curious about details and not try to find footage of her remains...JMO Totally okay if we disagree on this, but wanted to see if this is a fairly normal experience as this is my first time actively following threads (and try to report them if it's not allowed so that this thread doesn't get shut down).
I see what you're saying. I don't believe it violates any rules, but you can certainly report it if you wish.

So BL still remains a POI because there isn't enough evidence to say he's a suspect and wanted for murder, correct?
This language (homicide), changes everything. For all intents and purposes, he is certainly a suspect. It's just a matter of if they call him that yet publicly, and/or an arrest warrant is issued.

From the start, we heard over and over that the authorities' hands were tied. They didn't have probable cause. The Laundrie family had rights that were protecting them.

I'm starting to doubt much of that and wondering about the legalities involved.

The facts are:

This was a woman officially named as "missing person."

A man was found with her vehicle.

This man was at her place of residence with her car.

Considering those facts, I don't understand why there couldnt be more done, such as a search of her residence, or bringing BL in for suspicion and questioning since he was in possession of a vehicle owned by a missing woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member