Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that black item on the ground is an FBI agent or LE. The helicoptor was flying around and from another angle there was a man in a black jacket crouched over something on the ground for a long period of time, seemingly examining it. Here is another angle of that black object (I think) which in this photo is more clearly a kneeling man looking at something.
IMO not a person. If you zoom in you can see the strap handle at the top of the bag

I looked at that footage and took a still shot and blew it up. The “black” item on the ground is a backpack with orange gear bags next to it. If you compare those items with the LE officer to the right it’s too small to be Gabby. The items measured the length of a small child, not an adult IMO.

I agree. Something is very off about the supposed cross-country trip back to empty a storage unit.. Point being, I can’t think of a valid reason for Brian to fly back home in the middle of their trip just to deal with a storage unit, especially not when his parents could’ve handled it for him.

100,000 percent. Why??? Seems like a lame excuse to deal with a storage shed. Either parents foot the bill, move the stuff to someplace else, pay someone to move it. . . another weird thing.

MOO That isn’t where Gabby was found. She was found near the water. There are images here of the site including all the crime scene markers and spray painted measurements and a cross marking her body. Those of us that saw the live feed that showed her also saw the body right near that creek where the cross is shown.
CAN YOU REPOST

Sorry if this is a well-known rule or something, I'm fairly new, but is it within the boundaries of what we do here to try and identify Gabby's remains from the helicopter footage? This is really rubbing me the wrong way that people are doing this on this thread and feels distasteful and disrespectful for both Gabby and her family. MOO obviously.
People are curious to see all the details. It doesn't really matter, the video has been deleted and it's not out there any longer. The videos that remain make sure to stay clear of the area where her body was so it's really a moot point.

I agree. Something is very off about the supposed cross-country trip back to empty a storage unit.

My boyfriend and I have a storage unit in the city we went to college in which still has our stuff in it because we were forced out of college housing in April 2020 due to COVID. A few weeks ago, the storage facility called me to tell me the unit was damaged by a fire and even then we didn’t need to travel all the way there just to move/empty the unit (the staff there did it for us, thankfully). Point being, I can’t think of a valid reason for Brian to fly back home in the middle of their trip just to deal with a storage unit, especially not when his parents could’ve handled it for him.

Agree, it doesn’t make sense. One thought I had though was maybe his parents said “you need to take responsibility for your stuff”. It looks like there was a ton of stuff in their garage. Granted that doesn’t make sense monetarily.

Just some thoughts rumbling around in my head...
- Say, Brian did, in fact, arrive at his parents' home on Sept. 1-2.
-"Mom! You gotta help me! I'm in so much trouble! Something happened to Gabby!"
- "Oh! my baby! Of course! We'll do whatever you need." So they find a PASSPORT COUNTERFEITER. ..Use their retirement money, get him new IDs, new passport, fake name, bleach his eyebrows , mustache, and beard, dressy casual clothes, fly him somewhere with cash, on Sept. 4-5.

-Then all those false leads about where he's gone.

-So, by now, he's already settled in Mazatlan.

Yeah, but do regular people know where to find passport counterfeiters? I couldn’t find one, and I know my parents and in-laws couldn’t, either. I don’t know…sounds like an interesting theory; just wonder if it is truly practical for normal suburbanites

What are everyone's thoughts that Brian may not be alive?

If he were to be guilty in Gabby's death (and we have no evidence that he is), making a getaway to another country would be the logical move.

As far as the autopsy, the physical examination should be completed today. The DNA and toxicology could take a week or longer.
Personally, I think he's alive, for 2 reasons. 1. I think if he were to have died by suicide, it would have been virtually immediately after whatever occurred. 2. It appears to me he bought some time to go into hiding.

That said, it's very possible he might be prepared to do something drastic, if he's cornered.

Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue confirmed the remains are those of Gabrielle Venora Petito, date of birth March 19, 1999. Coroner Blue’s initial determination for the manner of death is homicide. The cause of death remains pending final autopsy results.
https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1440421552042897415?s=21

Last edited:
I found myself wondering if he was doing that on purpose. Trying to pal around and relate to see if BL would say anything to make them think this was a domestic issue. I could be totally wrong tho.

I thought the paling around was more to diffuse any anger Brian might be feeling toward Gabby for them getting pulled over.

He'd obviously schooled her in the past--and perhaps in the minutes before he stopped the van--that she had to take responsibility. He might have even threatened her with something if she didn't.

In retrospect, I can see some of Gabby's distress, but I can't say that I would have seen it if I'd been in those officers' shoes. I think they were very gracious with her and gave her ample opportunity to open up. Plus, they separate them and she could have contacted the officers afterward if she wanted to report Brian.

I just don't think the poor girl had the confidence or wherewithal of mind at that time to consider the potential consequences of such a toxic relationship.

People hide things very well sometimes.

New statement from Petito family attorney: "I want to personally thank the press and news media for giving the Petito and Schmidt family time to grieve. We will be making a statement when Gabby is home. I will contact you to arrange a time and location."

I think this statement is eloquent. . personal. No one wants to use 'when her body is returned to us'. Keeping her real in their grief. What a horrible statement for any loved one's family to have to make.

I agree. As someone whi has had to have a loved ones body “sent home” from another location, it’s hard enough to say their name & that they’re coming home than to say you’re having their body sent home. Nevermind that it’s extremely impersonal and cold.

So very true! And in one shot, it looked like there was a huge skateboard in the back. It may have been in the messy shot taken when the police were with them. Why on earth would someone take a skateboard on a hiking trip to national parks where the terrain is dirt, sand, rock? Not relevant to what happened, I'm sure, but struck me as odd.

They were living in their van. Vanlifers visit urban areas, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member