Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! If that isn't the pack from the trail cam picture...it's an incredible coincidence. Then again, my colorblindness may be making me look rather foolish...

I also thought the pack seen on the guy in the trail cam photo was the same as the one in their van, but @blueberryjam's analysis made me think it was different after all. (Nothing to do with color vision but rather details of the objects.) Because of that, I'm less inclined to think authorities missed something when they checked out the area where the trail cam photo was taken. Maybe it was someone who looks like Brian but wasn't him.

Ok will repost as originally deleted as I stated as fact. So let me preference this post as even though the items look exactly the same, it is not fact just opinion that they are the same items.

The backpacks seen in instagram footage/videos are seem to be a whitish packing cube on top of a grey/black daypack, both from REI. If you zoom in on the instagram footage, the fabric patterns, position of the black corner square and zips all match. Also still shots from the body cam cop footage show similar packing cube in the back of the van along with a 70L+ pack in the foreground. These do not seem to match the Backpack in the trail cam footage. The packing cube, if the REI one I found (the fabric has the same pattern, same shape, same zips) doesn't have straps and the other bags do not match the size. Totally plausible that he used a different bag. But it seems that those seen in footage that we have seen do not match the trail cam footage.

I highly recommend viewing the instagram footage and zooming in.

View attachment 313850 View attachment 313849 View attachment 313848 View attachment 313851

What are everyone's thoughts that Brian may not be alive?

If he were to be guilty in Gabby's death (and we have no evidence that he is), making a getaway to another country would be the logical move.

As far as the autopsy, the physical examination should be completed today. The DNA and toxicology could take a week or longer.

I suspect no concrete cause of death. The case might be a combination of possible cause, his actions, and digital footprint.

As morbid as it is, the plan to delay talking to LE might have helped. It's been 3 weeks. If the video bloggers had not placed him in the spread creek area, finding the body might have been another month or more.

IMO turning self in was the best bet, once on the run that more time the better to destroy evidence.

I often wonder what BL and parents were thinking. How long until GP parents reported missing, how long until body was found, etc. Was the initial ideas days or weeks. Did they think the body would be found before she was reported missing?

The border between Canada and the USA is the largest unprotected border int he world. Some areas can have a river dividing the 2 countries and are heavily monitored eg. Niagara Falls in Ontario, while other areas have trees and forests, and less surveillance. If a person crosses the land border legally, yes all their documents are being scanned and information is being entered into computers. It would be very easy for border officials to pull up a name and see if someone crossed over to Canada legally. However, there are many parts of Canada where a peron could sneak in illegally. Florida is the opposite end of the USA. BL would have had to travel a long distance without being spotted. If he got a head start before he was being searched for, I guess it is a possibility. But Canada would extradite him pretty quickly once he was caught. His situation is on all the Canadian tv news broadcasts, in all the Canadian newspapers. He'd be wiser to have travelled south, maybe to a country that doesn't speak English on media or show American news all day.

Totally off-topic really but you’ve reminded me of a headscratcher of a USA/Canada border quirk! Take a peek on a map at Angle Inlet, and imagine what it’s like living there, Fort St Charles, Penasse, Flag Island or Oak Island…

Sorry if this is a well-known rule or something, I'm fairly new, but is it within the boundaries of what we do here to try and identify Gabby's remains from the helicopter footage? This is really rubbing me the wrong way that people are doing this on this thread and feels distasteful and disrespectful for both Gabby and her family. MOO obviously.

Still at it. Man, if Laundrie is in that area, they are gonna give him neck cramps. LOL

No kidding!!
I hope Boots on the Ground are a little more organized or they’re walking themselves to death.

I keep expecting to pull up a pic and see a message to us like a sky writer. “Hey y’all” or “ F U” or something. Doesn’t seem the best use of fuel.

could police have had a tip off...they are concentrating circling one part of the preserve
I was wondering today if LE/FBI could have access to the parents phone records. My thought was that this would allow them to analwho they’re talking to and possibly find a burner #. If so, maybe that phone could be tracked to locate BL.

JMO…I can’t get a read on this guy or his family, usually the killer will speak or have his friends come out and speak like who is he?! Did he have any friends besides gabby?? What was his life in Long Island like? Ugh it’s so strange to me I get a bad gut feeling about him! And his parents can’t get a read on them either :(

Totally off-topic really but you’ve reminded me of a headscratcher of a USA/Canada border quirk! Take a peek on a map at Angle Inlet, and imagine what it’s like living there, Fort St Charles, Penasse, Flag Island or Oak Island…
The other poster asked about getting into Canada and if there would be records if they got in. They live on an island and wanted some perspective.

The border between Canada and the USA is the largest unprotected border int he world. Some areas can have a river dividing the 2 countries and are heavily monitored eg. Niagara Falls in Ontario, while other areas have trees and forests, and less surveillance. If a person crosses the land border legally, yes all their documents are being scanned and information is being entered into computers. It would be very easy for border officials to pull up a name and see if someone crossed over to Canada legally. However, there are many parts of Canada where a peron could sneak in illegally. Florida is the opposite end of the USA. BL would have had to travel a long distance without being spotted. If he got a head start before he was being searched for, I guess it is a possibility. But Canada would extradite him pretty quickly once he was caught. His situation is on all the Canadian tv news broadcasts, in all the Canadian newspapers. He'd be wiser to have travelled south, maybe to a country that doesn't speak English on media or show American news all day.

Thank you for your informative response.

Yes, a non-English speaking country might've been a wiser choice if he has fled, because this story is being picked up by the news in many English speaking countries. It's made the news here in the UK.
On the other hand, unless he's bilingual, he's going to stand out like a sore thumb in a non-English speaking country, and therefore potentially draw more attention to himself.

MOO

I'm surprised there isn't more examination and fascination here about the conversation US Park Ranger Melissa Hulls had with Gabby Petito.

Especially regarding the significant contrast to the interactions of the other LEOs. I'm not bashing them. I'm just quite curious and greatly intrigued by this.

What were Gabby's possible reactions?

Did anyone ever tell her this before?

What did Ranger Hulls see that other LEOs did not?

Did Ranger Hulls express any of these thoughts to any of them?

Edit: Her bodycam footage might be released:

"Dunphey, who initially visited Moab over the weekend in connection with a different story, said he informed the ranger that he had filed a public records request for her bodycam video ahead of the interview and that she had nothing to hide. Fox News also filed such a request and has not yet received a response."

Link:

Park Ranger urged Gabby Petito to distance herself from 'toxic' relationship with Brian Laundrie, report says

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the reason it hasn't been discussed more, is precisely because people just discovered yesterday that Gabby had been spoken to separately by a representative of a separate agency; whereas they've had two weeks (? seems like it, at any rate) to dwell upon what is revealed within the male officers' body-worn camera footage.

I, for one, couldn't tell from people's vague descriptions prior if they meant the then-unnamed 'female officer' was a member of the Moab police, and then the body-cam footage is key; because all I saw were people wondering why we didn't see any footage with her dialogue with Gabby in it, and the general tone of these queries were all suspicious of LE, as if not to have it, meant they had engaged in some type of editing shenanigans (which I clearly don't believe was the case).

Video footage is always going to incite and inflame more commentary than a vague textual description of a situation, IMO.

MOO That isn’t where Gabby was found. She was found near the water. There are images here of the site including all the crime scene markers and spray painted measurements and a cross marking her body. Those of us that saw the live feed that showed her also saw the body right near that creek where the cross is shown.

So her body was not found near the pop up tent and the brush with several people standing around looking intently at something on the ground?

Does anyone know how far that little tent was set up from the watery area where she was found?

Thankfully I missed the live feed where they showed her and where she was. So other evidence must have been laying on the ground in the area by the brush and the tent, maybe blood, hopefully something that tells them what happened. IMO

What are everyone's thoughts that Brian may not be alive?

If he were to be guilty in Gabby's death (and we have no evidence that he is), making a getaway to another country would be the logical move.

As far as the autopsy, the physical examination should be completed today. The DNA and toxicology could take a week or longer.

I lean hard toward suicide when it comes to him. And I hope I’m wrong. Because I want Gabby’s family to be able to witness justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214