Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When he decided to go back to the van from colter bay.... (unregulated camping?) per se... He had to be careful ... Whose to say that GP hadn't been discovered... maybe one reason to hitch a ride over an Uber or taxi..... and then check on the creek area maybe go by the area again... Think you lucky he felt to get to the van and leave.
It was an incredibly bold move just like the 35 hour drive home & then staying home for what 10 days?

He was a sitting duck to be picked up at any of these points. Feels too risky to be part of a well thought out plan.

I had wondered if I was the only who noticed he said he didn’t have a phone when he damn well did. I was going to ask, but thought I should rewatch it first, but couldn’t bring myself to rewatch. It’s all a bit awful.
I think what BL meant was that at that moment during their argument, he didn't have his phone on him. Not that he didn't have a phone at all. Not defending him, but I don't think he was lying about the phone. JMO

What are everyone's thoughts that Brian may not be alive?

If he were to be guilty in Gabby's death (and we have no evidence that he is), making a getaway to another country would be the logical move.

As far as the autopsy, the physical examination should be completed today. The DNA and toxicology could take a week or longer.

Replying to @MadMcGoo 's post Part III.

In reference to the black and orange item on the ground. It doesn't look neon orange to me... it looks like exactly the same shade of orange as she was wearing in this picture. I think that's Gabby. :(

Link to post I'm referring to: WY - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Original media source: Speculation Gabby Petito was buried as helicopter footage captures discovery

If thats GP then they are seriously disturbing the crime scene. I just can't see them being that casual when walking around in the immediate area of her remains.

MOO

Plus they had just spent 6 hours in town and were heading into the park to get water and hike (and I believe they were going to park overnight there whether or not they had a reservation.) They were transitioning from town life to van/hike life. In a small van like that stuff is stored wherever there is a spare space. So you have to move a lot of stuff around to get what you need for various activities. His backpacking backpack was ready to go right by the door and the skateboard he was using to kill time while she was diligently trying to set up her channel was also there where he had tossed it when she was ready to go. They were fighting before they left so she didn't have time to put her stuff back in order again. Its possible she kept it much better organized than what that stop made it look like.

That was my take from the pic. Anyone who camp's know how much effort is involved with keeping things compact and organized. You almost always make some a mess to retrieve something. Both GP and BL would have to be meticulous on keeping organized and tidy.

In the LE video he states that part of the disagreement is his dirt. Looks like GP liked the van as a setting for social media, and was probably totally frustrated by barefoot dirt being tracked in, and the mess.

I see the decorated van as a prop, and the real van was a van to hall the stuff for a extended camping trip. While it was cute, sleeping in it, cooking etc, would not have been easy. It would be hot (just roof fan and no windows) and cramped.

When he decided to go back to the van from colter bay.... (unregulated camping?) per se... He had to be careful ... Whose to say that GP hadn't been discovered... maybe one reason to hitch a ride over an Uber or taxi..... and then check on the creek area maybe go by the area again... Think you lucky he felt to get to the van and leave.

I have a feeling there are not many ubers or taxis around that area.

Replying to @MadMcGoo 's post Part II.

I rewatched the vid and think a lot of people were more focused on the canopy being erected than what's staring you right in the face. At least I was till I rewatched it AFTER realizing the orange and black item on the ground could have been Gabby. This pic is from :02 seconds in. And sorry to say it's YET another angle which makes it hard (for me) to keep things lined up.

I've pointed to the same black item on the ground with a blue arrow here, that's visible in Pic 2 of the above post . I'm also pointing at a searchers foot and leg so you'll know what that is. If Pic 1 in the above post was taken NORTH/South think of the pic in this post taken from SOUTH/North (or upside down). That's the same taller yellow leaved tree with a shorter green leaved tree as seen in other pics. The canopy looks closer than other pics taken from different angles. As I said... just think of it as being upside down to Pic 1 in the post above.

ETA back the pic that was deleted somehow. I suspect it's because I had multiple windows open creating 3 different posts.

Link to post I'm referring to: WY - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Original media source: Speculation Gabby Petito was buried as helicopter footage captures discovery

Pretty sure that black item on the ground is an FBI agent or LE. The helicoptor was flying around and from another angle there was a man in a black jacket crouched over something on the ground for a long period of time, seemingly examining it. Here is another angle of that black object (I think) which in this photo is more clearly a kneeling man looking at something.

Attachments

• Gabbyphotoremains.png
    Gabbyphotoremains.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 357
I don't have a comparison, but here is the bag on the driver's seat from the nirvgorilla YT video at the 5:04 time stamp. He describes it as looking like a pillow with straps.

Yes! If that isn't the pack from the trail cam picture...it's an incredible coincidence. Then again, my colorblindness may be making me look rather foolish...

How far in do you go? You're allowed to go to border towns. But if you go all the way down into Baja, you're supposed to have a passport card (which you need more than a Real ID to get). Of course, people disobey that all the time. And Mexican police don't really care if you're just a few km past the line (nor do US police, in the opposite direction).

You can go to Juarez or Tijuana without anything but a DL, but to go further than 20 km into Mexico, you're supposed to have a passport card, an embassy card or (in the past) a tourist visa.

a good way down. san felipe. its several hundred miles.

In reference to the black and orange item on the ground. It doesn't look neon orange to me... it looks like exactly the same shade of orange as she was wearing in this picture. I think that's Gabby. :(

MOO That isn’t where Gabby was found. She was found near the water. There are images here of the site including all the crime scene markers and spray painted measurements and a cross marking her body. Those of us that saw the live feed that showed her also saw the body right near that creek where the cross is shown.

New statement from Petito family attorney: "I want to personally thank the press and news media for giving the Petito and Schmidt family time to grieve. We will be making a statement when Gabby is home. I will contact you to arrange a time and location."

I think this statement is eloquent. . personal. No one wants to use 'when her body is returned to us'. Keeping her real in their grief. What a horrible statement for any loved one's family to have to make.

I thi

I think that’s just gear. In another pic the canopy bag is casually draped over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99