Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone was asking if you can listen to police scanners… there is an app for IPhone called Police Scanner (pic below for reference).. you just select the city, state and department you want to listen in to. But you will hear all radio traffic including traffic stops. It’s a public app BUT..more than likely they are running on a private channel for this case so public can’t listen in.

Yup. I'm also willing to bet they'll be on a tac channel that the general public does not have access to. It always irritates me when I'm listening to something and they tell the cops/EMS/firefighters to switch to a tac channel lol. But I realize it's for a good reason.

Yes, honestly, you have to have a place for everything and a daily routine which includes keeping things orderly. Each person needs their own stuff in their own place and each person needs to have the ability to have "alone" time in the small space. Two of us have traveled/camped/backpacked in tiny vehicles/tents for years and we've survived in part because of this. For 2 people to venture out on such a lengthy trip, they are set up for difficulty. Shorter trips to prepare might generally be a good idea.
So very true! And in one shot, it looked like there was a huge skateboard in the back. It may have been in the messy shot taken when the police were with them. Why on earth would someone take a skateboard on a hiking trip to national parks where the terrain is dirt, sand, rock? Not relevant to what happened, I'm sure, but struck me as odd.

If you view the video by the panelists that was attached to the thread first thing this morning
they stated she wasn't afraid any more than anyone else during a traffic stop, the officer
calmed her down. MOO
I am not finding anything involving a "panel" and I am assuming by "officer" you are also referring to the Ranger (who is female)?

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a database or a record placed on some kind of electronic register when someone passes from the US to Canada?

Yes, they show their passport and their vaccination card etc, but is this recorded anywhere or scanned, or would it just be a case of LE having to trawl through CCTV of the border?

I'm on an 'island' (Great Britain!) which is why I'm unsure on this since we have no land borders!

The border between Canada and the USA is the largest unprotected border int he world. Some areas can have a river dividing the 2 countries and are heavily monitored eg. Niagara Falls in Ontario, while other areas have trees and forests, and less surveillance. If a person crosses the land border legally, yes all their documents are being scanned and information is being entered into computers. It would be very easy for border officials to pull up a name and see if someone crossed over to Canada legally. However, there are many parts of Canada where a peron could sneak in illegally. Florida is the opposite end of the USA. BL would have had to travel a long distance without being spotted. If he got a head start before he was being searched for, I guess it is a possibility. But Canada would extradite him pretty quickly once he was caught. His situation is on all the Canadian tv news broadcasts, in all the Canadian newspapers. He'd be wiser to have travelled south, maybe to a country that doesn't speak English on media or show American news all day.

Is there any point in going to Canada. IMO he would be easier hid in a city in the US. Most of Canada will be getting cold if he is living homeless, or off grid. IMO he is not out or state (live or dead).

Canada would extradite him as quickly has Detroit, they just might demand no death penalty. I doubt it would be a federal death penalty case anyway.

Getting into Canada from the US is easy over land. You can just walk over the border from many states, like North Dakota, for example. Going over the border at an official stop, they will check you and your car and your ID. But yes, why would a guy in Florida flee to Canada when Mexico and various islands are much closer? That would make no sense. He was closer to Canada when he was in WY but he drove all the way home to Florida, which is on the other side of the country. He's either still in Florida, or in Mexico, or maybe on the way to an island on a boat, IMO. He could even be on a cruise ship. IMO

Replying to @MadMcGoo 's post Part II.

I rewatched the vid and think a lot of people were more focused on the canopy being erected than what's staring you right in the face. At least I was till I rewatched it AFTER realizing the orange and black item on the ground could have been Gabby. This pic is from :02 seconds in. And sorry to say it's YET another angle which makes it hard (for me) to keep things lined up.

I've pointed to the same black item on the ground with a blue arrow here, that's visible in Pic 2 of the above post . I'm also pointing at a searchers foot and leg so you'll know what that is. If Pic 1 in the above post was taken NORTH/South think of the pic in this post taken from SOUTH/North (or upside down). That's the same taller yellow leaved tree with a shorter green leaved tree as seen in other pics. The canopy looks closer than other pics taken from different angles. As I said... just think of it as being upside down to Pic 1 in the post above.

Link to post I'm referring to: WY - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Original media source: Speculation Gabby Petito was buried as helicopter footage captures discovery[/QUOTE) The end clip of that video is where it's clear as day. Black blanket w some red fabric underneath, and then white where the face would be. In the beginning of clip a searcher is blocking this view, then as camera pans a small tree obscures the view

Replying to @MadMcGoo 's post Part III.

In reference to the black and orange item on the ground. It doesn't look neon orange to me... it looks like exactly the same shade of orange as she was wearing in this picture. I think that's Gabby. :(

Link to post I'm referring to: WY - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

Original media source: Speculation Gabby Petito was buried as helicopter footage captures discovery

Oof is she in the rooftop bag that seemed to go missing?

Replying to @MadMcGoo 's post Part III.

In reference to the black and orange item on the ground. It doesn't look neon orange to me... it looks like exactly the same shade of orange as she was wearing in this picture. I think that's Gabby. :(

Original media source: Speculation Gabby Petito was buried as helicopter footage captures discovery

Ugh.
It is the exact same shade of a darker orange like the outfit she is pictured wearing.
I have to agree with you that I also think it's her.

I'm surprised there isn't more examination and fascination here about the conversation US Park Ranger Melissa Hulls had with Gabby Petito.

Especially regarding the significant contrast to the interactions of the other LEOs. I'm not bashing them. I'm just quite curious and greatly intrigued by this.

What were Gabby's possible reactions?

Did anyone ever tell her this before?

What did Ranger Hulls see that other LEOs did not?

Did Ranger Hulls express any of these thoughts to any of them?

Edit: Her bodycam footage might be released:

"Dunphey, who initially visited Moab over the weekend in connection with a different story, said he informed the ranger that he had filed a public records request for her bodycam video ahead of the interview and that she had nothing to hide. Fox News also filed such a request and has not yet received a response."

Link:

Park Ranger urged Gabby Petito to distance herself from 'toxic' relationship with Brian Laundrie, report says

Last edited:
I have been critical of these officers or one in particular, but not because neither of them were jailed. It was the male officer being all pally with Brian, bringing his personal bias into it and saying 'his ex wife was toxic) and laughing when Brian called Gabby crazy. I think that is the reason that most were critical of him. Unprofessional behavior.
I found myself wondering if he was doing that on purpose. Trying to pal around and relate to see if BL would say anything to make them think this was a domestic issue. I could be totally wrong tho.

In relation to charging of phone: we have a solar charger, measures about 8x4x1 inches. When camp we leave it on the picnic table, when we hike my partner straps it to the top of his back pack, when we travel we throw it on the dashboard. Works amazingly. Seems like something a can life blogger might have.
* van life blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members