Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there's something I really don't understand...

BL drives the Mustang to the swamp parking lot. He leaves it there and takes off. After it's been there a few days, a ticket is stuck on the windshield that says the car has to be removed. His parents come and pick up the car.

Question: How did his parents know there was a ticket on the windshield? Were they maybe checking it every day?

Note also: BL might have been using the Mustang to keep his food supplies. He'd be able to camp out and get into the car once in a while to re-stock.
He did not leave it there a few days. It was driven there on Tuesday and retrieved either Tuesday night by his parents or early weds morning. The citation or whatever was probably placed there sometime Tuesday. Mustang was in the driveway on Wednesday morning. jmo

I thought it was already confirmed to be her. We were just waiting on COD, etc.
As far as I know, no official identification has been released. But since this is now considered a federal crime, I assume the FBI/etc have sufficient evidence it is her without an "official identification" from the coroner in Wyoming.

Last edited:
The Johnny Mac Foundation has lined the streets throughout the community with teal ribbons.

The color was chosen by Petito's mom, Nicole Schmidt, to resemble her daughter’s eyes, according to Johnny Mac Foundation founder Jennifer McNamara.

Family members say they hope loved ones, friends and strangers will look at them and think of Petito.

The foundation and neighbors are inviting everyone to tie the ribbons to show the family they are supported in this dark time.
Blue Point pays tribute to Gabby Petito by lining streets with teal ribbon

Sorry if not allowed, first post here :) I’ve been watching for helicopters and it looked to be a coast guard helicopter searching the southern alabama/Mississippi state line. No clue if it’s related, but there are quite a few coast guard helicopters in the area.

Attachments

• DD609F12-9D07-490A-AA33-24A80C53821A.png
    DD609F12-9D07-490A-AA33-24A80C53821A.png
    427.4 KB · Views: 41
So, there's something I really don't understand...

BL drives the Mustang to the swamp parking lot. He leaves it there and takes off. After it's been there a few days, a ticket is stuck on the windshield that says the car has to be removed. His parents come and pick up the car.

Question: How did his parents know there was a ticket on the windshield? Were they maybe checking it every day?

Note also: BL might have been using the Mustang to keep his food supplies. He'd be able to camp out and get into the car once in a while to re-stock.

I think the story goes he'd said where he was going to hike and when he hadn't returned they went looking and saw the car.

I can't imagine BL hiding out for long without adequate funding. Perhaps his family has already provided some $$$, but it is unlikely he'll receive more. Eventually an arrest warrant will be issued and family accounts will be watched. IMO. Does anyone think the Florida Reserve is a red herring?

You need a real passport for Mexico. At least I did a few years ago. Not sure about Canada.

I’ve lived on the US/MX border most of my life. Mexican customs is not checking nationality when someone enters by land bridge into Mexico. They are more concerned on taxing things of value being imported or taken back into the country. You would need a passport or border crossing card to travel back into US, because this is one of the requirements by US Customs. Citizens could potentially still trace back to US without either but it would be a long process to verify your identity and citizenship.

If the tent site is the gravesite, then those <modsnip>LE <modsnip> were walking all over that location to put the tent up. Any crime scene would have been completely ruined. And I can't imagine someone casually stepping on the remains of a body that way.
If the tent site was the gravesite, I would agree....but it wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
He did not leave it there a few days. It was driven there on Tuesday and retrieved either Tuesday night by his parents or early weds morning. The citation or whatever was probably placed there sometime Tuesday. Mustang was in the driveway on Wednesday morning. jmo
The mustang thing is really weird. Why, if the parents expected him home from a "hike", would they go take his car away? They see the note to move it from authorities, so take it home on Wed (as per reporter). But they don't say anything to anyone for 2 days? They don't worry that he's missing, & immediately reach out? It makes absolutely no sense!

Brian is a frequent visitor to the Carlton Reserve. There is a pic of him in the reserve with his nephew in instagram. If he had gone there with his family a couple of times, I'm sure they would know which part of the reserve he is most familiar with. I hope they come forward with the info or share previous pics of him in the reserve, so that LE can narrow their search. I believe they have already done that and it might be the reason for the renewed efforts. It is a very dense area. I hope their efforts pay off.

On the subject of water purification, the easiest way to purify water when there’s ample freshwater source is chemically with water tabs. You can fit a 30 day supply into a small pill bottle and they treat 1-2L at a time. I keep them with me even when traveling internationally so I’m never stuck without water.

Life straws are super expensive to use as an only purification method and they can’t be used to purify water for washing face/ cleaning wounds. Eye and skin infections in the wild are a nightmare.

I doubt BL has thought about any of this, though. He couldn’t even maintain a water supply in the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim