Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier is was suggested that the marks in the tree were caused by bullets.
I don't think he shot Gabby personally, because I believe shots would have been heard. There were other campers in the general area. Having camped in the wilderness myself, it is so very quiet.

No one has come forward that shots were heard, at least that we know of.
But...maybe someone has.

Gun shots would be normal as I think I remember it stated that elk is hunted in that area or nearby.

So Chris was outside, not inside as kept getting repeated here. He seems to have seen the beginning of the fight, and was close enough to hear some of what was said.

BL took her phone & didn't want her in the van. They were talking to each other "aggressively." She punched him in the arm. She not only tried to get in the van, she *did* get in the van.

Eyewitness 2 (the 911 caller's) story doesn't match up with Chris's, just as LEO Eric said. Did they get back out of the van & that's when he attacked her? Doesn't seem possible, given what else Chris said. How would Chris, standing there, not driving by (911 caller), miss BL slapping Gabby?

The 911 call occurred first.

Chris mentions that someone had already called it in and he gave the officer his contact information when the officer came to talk to the caller.

What I think that means is that Witness 1 (caller) saw the early part of the fight in which he was chasing and slapping her. Witness 2 saw the second part of the fight where he was trying to take her phone and she was fighting back and trying to get into the van.

Earlier is was suggested that the marks in the tree were caused by bullets.
I don't think he shot Gabby personally, because I believe shots would have been heard. There were other campers in the general area. Having camped in the wilderness myself, it is so very quiet.

No one has come forward that shots were heard, at least that we know of.
But...maybe someone has.
I also think the ME would have noticed if there were any gunshot wounds.

So Chris was outside, not inside as kept getting repeated here. He seems to have seen the beginning of the fight, and was close enough to hear some of what was said.

BL took her phone & didn't want her in the van. They were talking to each other "aggressively." She punched him in the arm. She not only tried to get in the van, she *did* get in the van.

Eyewitness 2 (the 911 caller's) story doesn't match up with Chris's, just as LEO Eric said. Did they get back out of the van & that's when he attacked her? Doesn't seem possible, given what else Chris said. How would Chris, standing there, not driving by (911 caller), miss BL slapping Gabby?
I think it could have been a prolonged altercation and different people witnessed different stages of it.

Ah ok. I haven't seen that quote previously. Thanks

EBM link seen

Yes, it does say they called the sister.

Brian Laundrie search shifts, warrant served on parents’ home day after Gabby Petito’s body likely found

ETA this quote:

Petito said his family began worrying after several days without hearing from their daughter.

“We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

I had not read that the SISTER did not answer either. SAD to not answer or return a call. Yet, we have now seen her share postcards to the news. I wonder what changed there.

wow. Could be more PR, reputation rehab or some kind of self interest more than true emotion. And it’s a lot more about how wonderful Gabby was than the sister. They weren’t even married but she kept in touch, connected & cared about the kids. What did any of them do for her? Never mind. Why ask.

He wasn't even sure if they were play-fighting or not.

This is such a good question. Would clear up part of the timeline.
My understanding is that Gabby was on her own in a hotel at some point and told her parents that the reason Brian wasnt there was because he flew back to florida to clean out the storage unit. It was at that point that one of the parents ordered her a pizza to be delivered to her hotel room. I dont think there's been any corroboration that he actually went to Florida.

He told them something that made them ignore her mom’s texts wondering where the kids were… What could possibly explain that?

I just can't imagine much of anything except that maybe they texted wrong numbers or a home phone. I only say that because I am positive even now after 25 years of marriage my in-laws do NOT have my parents' phone numbers. They could tho find my mama on Facebook. Very odd all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was almost 2 hours ago, but the thread was closed. Just wanted to share for the bolded part as I saw some folks wondering.

Search crews beginning to come out of Carlton Reserve. I asked the media contact for NPPD if they’ll be back tomorrow he replied “that’s the plan.” He confirmed they have been running infrared at night. @mysuncoast
https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1440449408697438208?s=21

https://twitter.com/KristinThorne/status/1440476162367516677

"We have just obtained from Moab City Police the witness statement from a man who saw Gabby and Brian fighting on Aug. 12."
So actually BOTH witnesses thought Gabby was the victim. Until the brohood started up during the police stop.

We need to start educating kids about domestic violence. What it looks like, what it sounds like, what it is. And those who haven't experienced it need a triple lesson.

Have these logs been left behind?? Wouldn' they be removed and taken away as evidence? Where are these photos being taken and by whom?
Maybe they were excluding them? Or do they ever remove bullets and just take those into evidence and leave the logs? I have no idea about either of these just ideas.

I saw that the youtube channel that found their van (Red White & Bethune) is trying to get Gabby's Nomadic Statik to 100k followers so that YouTube will send them the coveted play button you get when you reach that many followers. It is a goal of so many youtubers, I think it's a nice gesture. So far it is at 75k.
ETA the link - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsgnE460ebvgB1I30gwuLkw
@MysteryMama
Is post referring to one of these awards?

Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaYouTube_Creator_Awards
Creator Awards for Subscriber Milestones - YouTube Creators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members