Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my connection keeps doubling my posts. apologize for that

I actually think it's just this site trying to cope with the interest level in this thread, because it's been moving at lightning speed the past few days.

It's hard to keep up, and I too have inadvertently ended up posting double posts too.

Yeah it sucks but he's doing his job. Defense lawyering for criminal defendants is an ugly business. You deal with the worst of the worst and are bound by ethical duty to give them the best defense. While some defense lawyers are Saul Goodman-esque and have no morals, there are good ones that fight the good fight for defendants who are wrongfully accused or treated unfairly by the system. When you get in that game, dealing with the occasional - or sometimes plentiful - ******* comes with the territory.
I honestly respect them so much. They have to harden themselves in such a lifeless way to keep emotions and feelings out of everything they do and say. Not just anyone can do what they do.

I just can’t with this lawyer sending these text message statements lol. His words are so cold and brief already so the text message format of it all just makes the things he’s saying that much colder IMO.

Given BL's propensity for hiking and being in nature, my mind keeps going to the Ocala National Forest. He couldn't walk there, but if he had help, it is roughly a 3 hour drive from North Port (it is north of Orlando). The ONF is 600+ sq. miles of forest and, having personally searched within it for other missing people, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. There are populated, touristy, hiking areas but there are also vast areas of wilderness.

IMO MOO

I keep seeing wild speculation about BL. Keep in mind, he's a 23 year old boy. He's barely an adult. He's not a survival expert. He's not a master of disguise. He has no connections. He most likely is not hiding out at someone's house. He is probably, so far, quite lucky he hasn't been caught yet—because of his inexperience. This idea that he's somehow a MacGyver type who has all of these skills you see in movies just isn't reality.
I agree that he's probably not been hiding out in a FL nature preserve. I am wondering if he's someplace around his old home town on Long Island, staying with an aunt, uncle, cousin, or grandparent's house. I don't know if he still has extended family up there, but if I were in LE, that's one place I'd be looking.

It is very frightening!! I have to say that I never, ever thought this would be the outcome of this case. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't the horrible murder of this beautiful young lady. I really am in shock.
As soon as i saw the MOAB video that was on ABC news--I think it was now about a week ago. . . I said outloud--she's not alive. There was in the video just too many indications of a unsafe relationship, submissive behavior, her "I'm sorry it's my fault' as she first spoke to LE, his constant peering at the SUV she was sitting in while the LE spoke to him, his finger pointing about her 'anxiety', him refusing water as he 'didn't believe in plastic" (is that even a thing), his discussion and aligning with the police, all of it. I just felt it. . . I think many of us did. It shocks me that it took the MSM so many days to really comment on the red flags that we saw. MOO

Hi, sorry to bother..there have too many posts to go through and I don't know if I was misrembering. Wasn't there a gun case that on Friday was pulled out of mustang. There was a news clip? Is that correct.? Did someone on here confirm he had a concealed weapon permit in fla. ? Does anyone remember if he took it on the trip? Thank you.

bringing this forward:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...k-25-aug-2021-22.588550/page-35#post-17107968

FWIW, I did watch the YouTube video and I thought it was interesting- I know that there are a million YouTube videos these days, so maybe not unique enough to capture the world's imagination- but I thought it was interesting enough to watch. I do think that GP wanted to keep the van tidy because she saw it as part of a stage set- not a camper van so much as part of "where they would be filming." If you see her in the video, she looks clean and neat and well dressed- not like a person sweating her way along a trail. So, yeah, it was fantasy. The one line in the video that stuck with me is her saying: "Yeah, Gabby, who never goes outdoors..." ....she is introducing the two of them. Someone else posted before here on WS that BL really wanted to go outdoors and hike and test himself and that GP was not like that- that the two had totally different objectives. That resonated with me. I just cannot get over that they were so young and should have been able to part and start over without fatal consequences.

They took the Mustang too, might have found something there that led them back in this morning.
Vast amount of resources evident.
This makes me wonder whether perhaps something else is going on concurrently and the 'others' referred to by FBI are not necessarily her parents... Just highly speculative thoughts...
I am trying to get caught up after working all day. What are you referring to re: FBI & “others”. I am so sad about Gabby. What do you mean by something else concurrently?
Thank you.

I totally agree. I wouldn't be surprised if mommy and daddy helped him to leave the country fairly soon after September 1. Has he even actually be seen by anyone who can be trusted to tell the truth about it?
A
Diett
I wish I could like this a million times. I think this was exactly the dynamic between them.

I think he was also capable of making messes on purpose to upset her and then punish her for reacting to that. MOO

She must’ve felt so alone
Not bringing your dirty feet into a van does not seem OCD.
Just sounds like she was tidy and had a work ethic.

Without knowing all the facts, it is a stretch to say the parents are complicit in anything. It's an emotional time for many thst have invested hours towards this case. We should allow facts drive our posts and not emotions. Loaning our child a car eventually used in armed robbery doesn't make us complicit to the crime. Jmo

I just wonder whether it is a crime not to tell authorities if you know someone has died?

Even if we give BL's parents the benefit of the doubt that they didn't help Brian escape, it's virtually impossible that they didn't know Gabby was dead. They would not have hired a lawyer otherwise.

And, then they sent a message, via their attorney saying they hoped Ms Petito was reunited with her family.

I don't know if any of that makes them criminals, but in the minds of many, it makes them the scum of the earth.

That said, I do feel a little sorry for them. Their lives as they knew them are over. The young lady who lived under their roof was murdered, and their son--if he's alive--faces a lifetime of running. Their hopes for him to have a good life are over, and people will always wonder if the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Gabby's parents can hold their head high. They lost an angle. Not so for the Laundries. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member