Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for clearing that up. When I was watching live after that time, they were replaying edited helicopter footage and the anchor said that their copter spotted what they believed to be a body but they would not be showing the footage.
I noticed the rock cross was near the water and area around it was clear. Is that possibly the area where she was found?

So I was thinking at 2 am when I couldn’t sleep. If Brian is alive, his house backs up to an alley right? I think it’s possible that in the cover of darkness, and with his parents house being dark at night, he sneaks in at night and he’s sleeping comfortably in his bed after a hot shower and poking fun at the media because they don’t see him.

I would guess the FBI has set up cameras all over that area.

Looks very Belgian Malinois to me, but even experts can't always tell. Mals have become exceedingly popular for protection training, SAR, etc. Working dogs need drive, and Mals are pretty much in overdrive whenever they're not sleeping.
We just got one. 3.74 mos old and he is over 4 feet long already. Very smart and has a very high energy level. Thank goodness we have a big yard

I think others have pointed it out before, along with some of his other lies/fibs.

For example, I find it strange that when he is asked what he has in his pockets, he pats at the one on his right hip and says "just my wallet". Then later on in the footage he pulls his phone out of that very same pocket when asked for his phone number. This is after he has already said he doesn't have a phone and would be stranded if she took off with the keys and the van.

Definitely odd behavior. But, he didn't have his wallet because when asked for his ID he did not have it. I also think he didn't have his phone at that time, he pulled out the phone after being able to retrieve his belongings from the van for his hotel stay. MOO

How many of you think that he went to the reserve and left the car there as a decoy in the hope that people think he has either killed himself or been eaten by a gaiter but he has fled knowing they will search the reserve and it will buy him some more time?

Snowbirds will often have neighbors or friends check up on the home as well as a security system in place. Also, they tend to rent the joint out AirBnB/VRBO.
I'm a snowbird. My nice but nosy neighbours would spot him in a minute and have him cuffed and waiting for LE. Those who live there year round know who has an empty parking spot, when their favourite neighbours will return, etc. They know when your lights go on, if you're a nightowl. They spot the patterns. With that said, some of my neighbours have had broken windows and sliding door locks. They aren't worried. They've been there for years and nothing ever happens. I guess it is a possibility that he could be in one of these places, but as a 23 year old kid, with obviously poor judgement, woud he think to go to one of these places and try it out? Is there a need when his parents have several properties in Florida alone, and he could be in one of them?

This is the part that bugs me. I truly cannot fathom his parents being (from what we can discern and speculate) this composed if they are seriously worried about their son committing suicide. As someone who once ran away from my parents to attempt to take my own life, I can't imagine how his parents can seem so unconcerned. My parents were calling everyone they could think of when they realized something was off––the Laundries just seem a little too composed for parents of a child they believe to be in crisis, MOO.

They are too composed (MOO) for parents with a kid who is allegedly bumbling around in a flooded swampy park being hunted by tons of cops and federal agents, too. Which is why I believe they know he is safely out of the area. They aren’t seeming scared of him being bit by a snake or attacked by an alligator because they know he is not at risk of that wherever he is. Was he ever at that park? Yes, probably just the parking lot, but it was IMO to be picked up and taken out of town.

Based on comments I've seen here and there, I think some of our members were watching the livestream when Gabby's remains were accidentally shown. To those people - was she on the side of the creek, near where the cross made of rocks was placed or was she more toward the trees, where the tent was erected?
I don't know the direction the helicopter was actually moving it, but from where the tent was, if you have the group huddled to the right of the tent, it was northwest of the tent. I really couldn't say with 100% surety if those rocks are where I saw the body, but it was in that kind of area. The viewpoint is different so it's hard to say.

Last edited:
I hope they are looking very closely at any stolen car reports from around the area from last Tuesday onward.

If he is alive, I would think he would have been ready to take drastic measures to get out of the area quickly.
I agree.. yesterday I looked up stolen boats and one article said Port Charlotte (NP) area is the stolen boat capital of the world, I thought that was odd.

Do they think he is local and coming back into the shed?
I think they are covering all their bases. The FBI has unlimited resources and this has become a very public case. I am certain word came from the top to spend what it takes to get this guy and wrap this one up, if anything from a PR standpoint.

It would look infinitely bad for the FBI if one private citizen not connected to any vast criminal enterprises (like a Mexican drug cartel) and who had very limited means evaded their capture. They are going all out to get him so just in case he's dumb enough to come back there, they'll be ready.

How many of you think that he went to the reserve and left the car there as a decoy in the hope that people think he has either killed himself or been eaten by a gaiter but he has fled knowing they will search the reserve and it will buy him some more time?

still not fully convinced he ever came back to florida yet alone went to the reserve

Are they different breeds of dogs? For example, blood hounds are usually cadaver dogs and German Shepherds are usually searching for live people?
Here's a good article on how they train Cadaver Dogs. The two main breeds mentioned are German Shepherds and Labrador Retrievers. Edited to add - Bloodhounds can probably be used also, but in my experience on Websleuths, Bloodhounds are usually looking for living people. Really any breed can be taught to look for either, the training is just different.
Cadaver dogs: attending camp with the canines trained to smell death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member