Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A camper offers ample room for stowing food, necessities, and no one thinks anything when its owners take it for weekend trip.

This is just a theory, but a person could (conceivably) take a lot of provisions somewhere and then fake another person going into a swamp. Meanwhile, said person could have made his way tot the hidey-hole with all the provisions. JMOO
He could be anywhere if he was in that truck or camper. I hope the FBI is aware of this. They didn't seem that interested in the camper shell during their visit IMO

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

FIRST ON FOX: One of the last times Gabby Petito was seen alive involved an explosive argument between Brian Laundrie and wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant, according to a New Orleans couple who said they witnessed the spat.

"I have chills right now," Nina Celie Angelo told Fox News Digital Wednesday. "It's crazy because it wasn't just like we passed them on the street — it was a full blown incident."

Angelo said she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August. They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated Laundrie began arguing with a waitress. Four and a half hours later, a travel-blogging couple passed Petito's van at a campsite north of town.

Angelo, a photographer, said she couldn’t overhear the conversation but that she believed Laundrie was arguing with staff over the bill or about money. She described his body language as "aggressive" and said he left and returned about four times.

At one point, Petito came inside and apologized for Laundrie’s behavior, Angelo said.

Maybe the modern world has made me a cynic, but Ms Celie's instagram page appears to be yet an
IIRC the Bethunes saw the van at 6-6:30 on the 27th. The lady and her dog saw him pulling into the spot on the 26th, IIRC. I'm not sure if I buy the restaurant thing in Jackson, mainly because it would have meant the van would have left at some time on the 27th, after it had already arrived. Several times it was seen in the same spot, the van was that is. I get the idea they (he) didn't drive around that much after arriving. Anyway I think he killed her on the 26th, just a hunch. I watched the gal from the restaurant, I don't see anything specific yet.

I, also, take the restaurant thing with a grain of salt. The story featured a link to Ms Celie's instagram page (something that also appeared on this thread, this morning). Her page shows her to be yet another one trying to make a living on "social." Given the competitive nature of that "business," I wouldn't put it past anyone to go to extreme lengths to generate clicks. Although, I have no doubt Ms Celie was there, that day. To quote Seinfeld, "that's the genius of it."

Could have been anagram to her mum: Send The Authorities Now ?

I think it would be way too much of a coincidence that her grandpa's name is Stan AND she would use that anagram. If so, I would assume that it was something she and her mom would have pre-coordinated in code. JMO, but I think Grandpa Stan was probably blowing up her phone and Brian was agitated and sent that text. But who knows?

Does anyone have a link to a photo of the “black cargo bag” on top of the van?
if you google it, it will come up. I don't think I can link to the sites (TOS). If you watch the Van Life video you see it, I know it shows at about the 7 min mark.

It's not on top of the van when the Bethunes drive by.

If the Laundrie's primary purpose for taking a trip was to help Brian disappear, the camper would be a convient way to transport his stuff and provide a seemingly innocent excuse for the whole family to leave. We don't know if they camped at all. They could have spent three days taking turns driving. MOO
Hopefully they look into highway license plate readers throughout the state and elsewhere to see where the dad’s truck, which I’m assuming the camper was on may have traveled during those days. They should be able to access those records, just like they did to know the van was in Fl on Sept. 1st.

I’m confused as to why the restaurant staff and the others are just now realizing this. It’s national news and their story is everywhere. Even if they forgot the incident, it would certainly be triggered once they saw the news.

I heard about this account days ago from my daughter who is following the case on other platforms. I can't remember where she saw it but she told me it was substantiated. Not sure why it is just now making it to WS but it may have to do with whatever source it was coming from.

Edited to add that the authorities have known about this much longer than the news outlets have.

I’m just curious but why would they necessarily bother making sure they recorded a random van that they had already seen when they came in? It’s incredibly impressive they had the footage at all, I don’t understand why we expect that people driving by a van that they didn’t recognize would video it from multiple angles? JMO.

dash cam video. Turned on whenever they are driving and might see something interesting

I'm trying to stay current but want to comment on two things...agree not survivalist but he might think he is. Is he a gamer?? long time gamers sometimes have a difficult time differentiating between real world and the 'gaming world' How often do we see violence blamed on gaming, same could be said for just plain reality.. the real world that I'm wondering if BL was prepared for at all. I'm sure when he is found/captured we'll hear things said about him that will point to how odd he may have been, JMO

Second thing, my 22 grandson and his 20 year old girlfriend lived with us for 15 months while he finished college. Both were in school full time and both worked 20 -25 hrs a week . My point is that they were on a different schedule than we were most of the time. We ate meals together depending on their schedule, but if not they cooked for themselves, bought their own food, cleaned their rooms (two bedrooms with a jack and jill bath), did their own laundry, had their own cars, etc. We got along fine and grew to love the girlfriend, a sweetheart, they were not hard to have live with us and rarely did we know if they were fighting but it was not dramatic. We got to know her parents and my husband and her father talked often. Fast forward two years, girlfriend graduated, they both now have good jobs, are engaged to be married in Mar of 22 and have bought a house together. My point is that I think BL was sheltered and maybe GP never felt comfortable living with his parents at all and they enabled this toxic relationship. Maybe they never bonded. Still I could never put another family through this. The parents of BL seem really cold and distant.
Brian has a gamer's vibe, so I can understand where you're coming from. But he relishes quiet time and just sitting alone drawing and reading books. I think he has much more of a comic/manga hands-on mindset (collecting and studying them) than someone who would spent hours in front of a computer screen.

But manga can be really dark.

I'm assuming they have SOMETHING that says he is in that Reserve and not just the word of BL's parentals? They have spent a lot of time there and I really hope there is a reason. I can't decide what I think about his current whereabouts. Part of me thinks he's there and then a part of me is pretty dang sure he is no where near FL. Idk. It's crazy that he hasn't been found or seen.

I wonder if they’re focusing there because with this new camper news, that may of been where they went camping for those couple of days. He’s got to be hiding out there somewhere. In all those trees, it’s got to be easy to hide a small tent or some kind of small shelter for one person. My ex boyfriend was hiding from his father and the law and he hid out in woods here in FL for a few days (yes I know this is a lot longer). He’s been camping for months plus last year with Gabby, so this wouldn’t be anything new.

So BL flies to FL to move their stuff into storage from Aug. 17 - Aug. 23, then someone sees BL driving around Spread Creek camping area alone, being weird, on Aug. 26th, then GP and BL are together at a restaurant in Jackson around 1-2pm on Aug. 27, BL now acting agitated, then the van is seen parked randomly back at the campground by 6pm on the 27th and gone by the 29th. Is this correct?
Are we sure BL is not a drug user?

I'm not considering the flight home to FL as a confirmed fact. It was reported by GP's family and it easily could have been something she told them. For many reasons, I don't think it's reality. I'm sure LE knows if he had flights during that time frame though.

The rest I think you have right. I'm not sure it's confirmed that it was gone on the 29th by anyone but if he made it back to FL at the time he did it would have had to have left sometime the 28-29.

No one is sure he isn't a drug user. GP says it in the police video that they don't drink or "use" anything. It's possible that BL was on perception medication (that part of the body cam video is redacted) but IMO I don't think he was "on drugs".

Hi everyone. I haven’t been in Websleuths for so long. So apologies if this isn’t the correct spot to post this or if it has been answered already. Where was Gabby’s body found in relation to that YouTube dash cam video of the van at the side of the road? Does anyone know?

Reportedly: About 200 yds

the Bethunes noticed the van parked there on the 27th later in the day, so perhaps BL and GP had lunch at that restaurant and then drove to the Spread Creek area and parked the van?
Maybe after the incident GP confronted BL about his behavior and he was so heated from the restaurant altercation that he then aimed his anger and aggression toward GP. Maybe he went too far. Maybe it wasn’t intentional. Regardless, he is guilty and he needs to be held accountable.

I’m just curious but why would they necessarily bother making sure they recorded a random van that they had already seen when they came in? It’s incredibly impressive they had the footage at all, I don’t understand why we expect that people driving by a van that they didn’t recognize would video it from multiple angles? JMO.

As they are vloggers, I assume they run dashcams pretty much continuously when they’re on the move, then edit the best bits together. Good way to catch the scenery and any random incidents.

Why would they leave, then return to exactly that same unusual spot? If they were gone for several hours, you'd think someone else would have parked near there, like across the road. The gal with dog saw him, alone, the evening of the 26th IIRC.

Maybe she was working at a coffee shop and he was scouting out camping spaces for them that evening?

They state that they were talking previous to pulling in and simply forgot to turn off the camera until later. I believe the camera automatically does both views. MOO

This guy is a ticking bomb!

It certainly sounds like it. I wonder how common it is for someone to have that level of anger and outbursts without a history of similar incidents? Outside of his parents being quiet, he has no friends who have been talking to media about what he was like (or, at least not that I've seen) or no one vouching for him at all. He has no advocates. There's no long-term social media presence for his which seems odd for a kid his age. Just odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberts1979