Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the interview with the neighbors again and the camping trip happened before they knew that GP was missing.
I heard that too. I figured it was possible that they may not have known immediately when she was reported missing. I follow these things and didn’t take interest for a few days.

There's this!

"Schultz, who did not immediately respond to a request for comment, told the Chronicle she saw the van parked in the same area the next day, on Aug. 27—when she found it odd that the vehicle was there but not in a designated parking spot, and with no indications of anyone camping. The van was there for “several days and nights,” she said, but there were no “signs of actual life.”

The vehicle was still sitting there on Aug. 28, she said, but was gone by Aug. 29."

Gabby Petito Tipster Recalls Guy in Van ‘Acting Weird’ Near Camping Area Where Body Was Found
She saw him driving around.....she only saw him in the driver's seat....how does she determine he was acting "weird". No where in this article does it say what he was doing that was strange. I am not questioning her claim that she saw him, but I think she needs to explain the "acting weird" part.

My only thought JMO was if the rental of the storage unit was ending on a date during that timeframe, they had to either extend the rental contract or empty it out. And they didn’t have money to continue paying for it so it had to be emptied. MOO
JMO but I could imagine him texting home and saying that he and Gabby arent getting along enough for them to even end the trip early and drive back together so the parents offered to pay for him to come back by plane with the storage unit as an excuse. On the other hand, we havent had a clear corroboration that the trip was a real thing . Also, a neighbor mentioned that the Landrie family hadnt been living there for very long, that it had been a rental house--maybe one of the Landrie properties? I havent heard anything else about Landries getting a divorce but I thought that was an early report. Does anyone remember it?

If this is legit, the restaurant will probably have to give all security footage to the FBI. The staff will be more than likely be questioned.

The woman who saw them having the spat has said on her stories that the restaurant no longer have the footage as they don't keep it that long, however, the restaurant staff have confirmed that it was BL and GP having the spat in the restaurant that day (Friday, August 27th).

Info on the Fox News link:

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

I hate to say this, but if BL is dead, it would be somewhat vindicating to see his parents hauled off to jail for aiding and abetting.

My opinion only.

My guess is he’s alive.

Too selfish and self absorbed for suicide.

And when he gets caught (because he’s not that smart to evade LE), his defense will be “the voices made me do it”.

If they wanted to hide him they could have flown him out of the US. It would be stupid to set him up to be hunted down. At first I thought the same thing. I think this is the reason they are searching the woods….. they believe he’s there, not because the parents said so.
Yes! This is the most encouraging post yet.

But why not just throw the “provisions” into the flatbed? Why get a camper if it’s not for lodging of the absconder?
Maybe to make it look more authentic. Maybe at that point they planned to help him run but changed their minds. They could have been scoping out remote areas and it wouldn't look as suspicious if you looked like you were camping.

I agree with that, though I still feel the police were far too chummy with BL, and can't understand how the 911 complaint that BL was slapping GP didn't seem to mean much to the police who stopped them (if they somehow hadn't heard a description of the complaint, of course, then that's different).

At the beginning of teh stop the LE says over the radio something about the DV call where the man was hitting the woman. The officers had 3 statements from people they had actually questioned. All 3 said that BL didn't hit GP. Even GP said he didn't hit her but that he grabbed her face. And he said he was pushing her away. Both of those statements could be true from each of the others perspective. She's climbing through the window and he is trying to push her away and the face is the first thing coming through the window. (of course, knowing every thing we know since then he probably was grabbing her face) She admitted to hitting him at the moonflower and at the beginning of the stop. They never interviewed the 911 caller and without that who knows what they actually saw. People can be wrong in the initial 911 call. These experts are calling for police to arrest people for what they think they did despite the actual statements given in the presence of an officer by a witness and both people involved.

As my husband always reminds me when my analytical mind begins putting pieces together to ‘figure something out’, he reminds me that in general, women try to make the male thought process and their plans and or actions complex, when in reality, most are extremely simple. He says, ‘the male mind is generally much lazier than the female detailed thought process, plans and follow through. That being said, I sincerely hope the River stones do not turn out to be the weapon used to kill Gabby. It is heartless enough that she was murdered in her beloved nature. Please don’t let it also be the weapon that took her life…

That's why I said "before he went on the lam" in my original post. Parents providing support for young adult children like allowing them to live in their house while they save money (at one point both GP and BL were working at Publix––not sure for how long) is normal in this day and age, but helping evade LE is a whole different ball of wax. I'm not sure it's fair (or logical IMO) to assume that just because parents help support their adult child means those parents would help their adult child go on the run to evade a murder charge. That's a big leap, IMHO.
I agree with what you are saying. But I am taking a big leap in believing the parents did just that...helped him go on the run. Sadly, if I am right, it won't turn out well for them or their son. I do not believe he is somewhere in a forest with alligators. This run has premeditation all over it, from the time he ran from Wyoming until the day he left home. His parents know him better than we do. They knew something was wrong and I think they were scared and made the wrong decision to help him. I get it...this is a nightmare for them. But what about Gabby's parents? That's who I feel for!

If this report that they "went camping" during that time frame is true - they could have been setting up a spot for him to go. I really think this search in the reserve is utterly pointless.

I'll tell you what I think, from my years of working at a LE academy, a firefighter academy and a wilderness academy.

This is their chance to practice - for real! These people go out for 2-3 days a week, using their scuba gear, their FLIR cameras, their GPR and much less. They really look forward to a full scale event. It keeps coordinating agencies in touch and finely tuned. I've watched that search for several days now, and you can see it came in phases (and when the FBI showed up, first they went out and made notes about what they needed - and voilà, all those resources appeared - it is a wonderful training exercise if nothing else, but this one has a purpose - exactly what such expert scuba people and radar people like to do).

When it's fire season here, even the tiniest fire gets major treatment - for practice. Everyone does exactly what they drilled to do and there are people (often someone like me) along for the ride, taking video and taking notes. Then there's a day (or more if it's a big incident) of debriefing and critiquing.

Everyone from aviation control to local FF's and LE get their instructions and all are coordinated by the incident commander and the sub-commander.

While someone might suspect BL is there, it doesn't really matter at this point - they're practicing for a What-If scenario if nothing else. What if someone ran into that swamp after blatantly killing someone in full view of cameras and the public? What could they do? What would they do?

Look for cameras to be placed at strategic places in that swamp in future, if authorities can afford it. Which is always the big question. But I do think that most of these people would have been doing some training anyway - this puts their training and the resources used to set that up to better use. For example, at Fire Academy, for a long time we bought entire houses, the trainees built a foundation, house was trucked in - and then burned down. That was expensive. They created a "fire scenario building" that is permanent (but still has a typical California roof, which gets burned each year). They built a fake high rise building (etc). But nothing is as good as getting to fire season and going out on real calls...

I wonder if LE really have something concrete that is causing them to search so many days around the Reserve. My feeling is that BL could very easily be HUNDREDS of miles away by now.

- Many ways to get away from Florida. Greyhound? Fly with prepaid Visa card? Where to? Laredo, TX? Wichita, KS?

A blonde wig would help!
https://www.amazon.com/Topcosplay-B...pY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

And he would need to shave a lot. But it could be done.

So he could run for a year, maybe. After that , I don't know.

If the neighbors account is accurate, this spontaneous camper shell camping trip the Laundries took would have probably been on Sept. 10th, 11th, and 12th. Gabby was reported missing on the 11th. According to the timeline (on page 1 of this thread), the van was seized from their home on the 11th also. So they weren’t home when this happened??? Is that right?

* The dates I’m using are based on the neighbors estimate of when the trip occurred. These are not confirmed dates.
Yes, the neighbors said it was over a weekend so I'd imagine so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mykand