Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The three of them could not have slept in that little over the truck van. Tent? Maybe. I just can’t imagine any 23 year olds camping with parents.

We just did a 4 day trip in a converted sprinter van with my wife, my 26 year old and my 22 year old son (who is more like a 150 pound toddler so he didn't get a vote). It went great, we all had a grand time and none of us got into a fight. It can be done.

I'm trying to understand the significance of the Laundries truck camper if it's still sitting in their driveway.
Because John Walsh said on fox news about 45 minutes ago that the neighbor reported that over labor day the camper was gone and alluded to a camping trip with BL and his parents (Mods feel free to correct or delete if i heard this wrong). thanks.

When I was a teen I refused to go on vacation with my parents or hang out with them at all (I was an awful brat) but once I was away at college I started to become "friends" with my parents and since then as an adult my husband and I go on trips with them all the time. I don't think it's so weird.

The timing - definitely weird. If I just murdered someone I don't know that anyone in my life would want to go on vacation with me.

I’m seeing posts about BL and his family going camping while he flew home and the theory that they were setting up a place for him to go. She was alive when he flew home which would mean we are suppose to believe BL told his parents that he was going back to kill her and they made plans then for what to do when he got back. This seems a little silly.

It’s significant because they took it on a 3 day trip between the time he came home on 9/1 and the time that Gabby was reported missing. They could have been setting him up for when he left town.
We do not know this to be absolute. One neighbor coming out of the woodwork to say it now doesn’t make it fact.

What's odd is the neighbor said a week or week and a half after BL got back (Wed., Sept 1st) they went camping - so it would be the weekend of Sept. 11 - 13th? Wasn't the 11th the day Gabby was declared missing, and Tues the 14th BL went off hiking in the preserve, never to be seen again?
yes agreed - wish we knew when this trip took place..the neighbors said the cops came to their house on september 11th evening to let them know about a missing person's report so certainly the police would know if anyone was at the laundrie's house that night if they were knocking on neighbor's doors

If he’s dead in those preserves, he may never be found. Only reason Gabby was found when she was is because LE got a fix on where the van was parked thanks to that video released. LE not so great in finding bodies without some location info and those preserves are huge.

Any bets on how long it will take to find BL? What if it is months? Or longer? Or never? This could eventually turn into one of those cold cases where someone disappears and no one can explain it and they're never found again.
There's no time limit on when to arrest & prosecute for murder, and we've all seen cases here or in MSM reporting a trial for someone who has been on the lam for 5, 10, 15+ years. So, there's that.
People all over the US are aware of this tragedy. Time is indeed of the essence. And the FBI and other LE folks are very experienced (in most cases), aware, dedicated and smart -- some more than others, yes, but still...
And the victim was a sweet young-for-her-years, IMO, and abused woman who had wonderful artistic ability and a drive to do good things for people.
Hope, justice, and a will to do the right thing -- I hope most of us still have those qualities.

I’m seeing posts about BL and his family going camping while he flew home and the theory that they were setting up a place for him to go. She was alive when he flew home which would mean we are suppose to believe BL told his parents that he was going back to kill her and they made plans then for what to do when he got back. This seems a little silly.
As I understand it, this was after he came back (or the van came back) on Sept 1. Thus, after GP disappeared (but I think before she was reported missing).

JMO

From the images I saw, that van has a partition separating the front and back so I would say it would be unusual for someone to ride in the back with no windows.

I've seen a view of its where its open all the way through. I think they just have a curtain divider to keep the light out when they sleep

From the images I saw, that van has a partition separating the front and back so I would say it would be unusual for someone to ride in the back with no windows.
And when they are pulling into a "wild" campground, both people would be excited and looking around to choose a place. I can see sleeping in the back, even with no windows on a long haul on the freeway. Maybe she was just "sick" from some physical abuse, and staying in the back, voluntarily or not. And then on the night between 26-27 he finished her off, and took time to get her out of there under a few short hours of darkness? Or even walked her out there if she was groggy and hurt, then completed it out there. (Still not believing the restaurant story on the 27th, but open to seeing proof)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevTom23