Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just did a 4 day trip in a converted sprinter van with my wife, my 26 year old and my 22 year old son (who is more like a 150 pound toddler so he didn't get a vote). It went great, we all had a grand time and none of us got into a fight. It can be done.

Agree. That's what I mean, I went camping with my in-laws on multiple occasions in the past when I was around that age (granted, it is a while back...). Or even went on vacation with my spouse and my parents for some years despite having my complete own life. It is not that unusual.

However, it does occur that there is more to that here. I also don't think they went camping just for fun.

There is no public information on the driver of the Mustang, however. For the outward journey, I mean.

What I find amazing is, for several days reporters have been crawling all over and camping out in that neighborhood, neighbors allowing reporters to be on their lawn, apparently speaking with them (at least enough to allow them to stay on their property).

And it wasn't until yesterday that one neighbor finally said BL had been seen since he got back on the 1st, and now we have this report saying not only was he seen doing 'normal' things since the 1st, he and his parents actually went camping for a 3 day weekend!

If BL's parents took it on a camping trip with BL after his return, they might have used it to scope out a hiding place, to drop off supplies for him, and/or to dispose of evidence. So it might be useful to know where they went.

JMO
You would have to suspect that if BL and parents took this trip and parents had a cell phone and used it, the FBI would be able to narrow down a circled area of cell tower pings. One subjective thing that keeps stumping me is how smart is BL and now after this 3 day trip, how smart are the parents. What mistakes did they make if these are all facts.

Can someone please tell me— is her grandfathers name even Stan??

That anagram thing is really haunting me :(

I was trying to respond to someone else about this when the thread got shut down last night. More likely than Gabby trying to send a coded message to her mother for help, it was more likely Brian using her phone, pretending to be her to throw a red herring to her family. There was another text, I believe on the 30th, implying that she had no cell service in Yosemite- implying that she had made it to California, but that's why they wouldn't be hearing from her for awhile. Other killers have used this tactic before as a wild goose chase to delay LE/family from looking for the victim, or to torment the families. Sometimes it's cards or letters, even in the victim's own handwriting instead of texts.
Gabby’s grandfather’s name is Stan

(it says so in the hard drive warrant)

I think some people are just not cut out to go van travelling.

It was always my dream to do this, and years ago I did. The dream trip turned into a nightmare, my city friend hated it and complained the entire time, and started arguments over every little thing.

Years later I did similar trips with someone else and it was a dream come true.

Just a theory:

Gabby's friend talked about Brian having "episodes".

So Brian has an episode and kills Gabby. He takes off and "wakes up" walking down some road. He doesn't remember what happened. He hitches a ride back to the van. Gabby is gone and he is having flashes of memory, but not enough to know all the facts. Just enough to freak him out.

He goes home and tells his parents he doesn't remember what happened. Without facts, they decide to stay silent. They fear the worst but don't want to face it.

When they find Gabby, it triggers Brian's memory and he bolts.

Thoughts?

Why do you think he would lose his memory or become sort of unconscious during his "episodes"? I don't believe the girlfriend stated anything like that. She said he would "hear voices". That does not indicate, to me, that he was losing his memory or going into some kind of unconscious state that he wakes up from later.

It's true it could have affected his temper or anger, especially if the "voices" were telling him to do things. We've probably all heard a lot of stories about murderers saying they were listening to voices that told them to do bad things.

I don't believe he lost his memory. He drove that van home in a short period of time, suggesting that he was indeed having some kind of episode because the friend also mentioned that he would not sleep for a period of time when these episodes would happen. That would serve him well driving that van across the country. IMO

This is quoted from the NYPost:

"Gabby Petito’s boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, who has also gone missing and is being sought by the FBI, suffered with jealousy and control issues and experienced “episodes” in which he would hear voices and not be able to sleep, Petito’s friend told the Daily Mail."

Nothing about losing memory.

Brian Laundrie was controlling, had 'episodes': Gabby Petito pal

A lot of tentativeness on dates of that camping trip. And are they SURE BL was on that trip with them?
Maybe that’s when they dropped him off to execute his escape plan, perhaps.
A while back it was mentioned that BL might have slightly less than $10,000. Does anyone know about that?
Can they check bank transactions to see if his parents withdrew or transferred money?

Why did it take the Petitos 11 days to report her missing? If I wasn't getting responses from my daughter, or her boyfriend, or her boyfriends parents...I would report that within one day. Just curious if this indicates there was unreported communication of some kind.

Edit: "No service in Yosemite." That explains a few days...but 11?
Very good observation. They are victims so I guess questioning their behavior has been deemed inappropriate. But I, too, have thought about this and want an answer.

All I can think of is maybe some other crisis or serious life situation came up at the same time? It is odd. BL haD extra time to make plans/escape due to the reporting delay, which is very unfortunate.

GB's family says they were stonewalled by his family but I don't think we know if the 1st week in Sept. they were in touch and then the stonewalling started.

Just my speculation & opinions.

I think it's now been confirmed by the merry piglets tex mex restaurant in wyoming they were spotted there at 1pm on the 27th august having an argument with a hostess. (The instagrammer who posted the story just reposted a screenshot from the tex mex restaurant confirming. It hasnt been reported yet widely)
Maybe someone could repost that proof. Upthread there was a link to a FOX report, I now get a 404 error with that link. I thought the restaurant said they were real busy? Anyway, they have to do more than confirm an altercation, there has to be proof of who it was.

This is my first post here. I signed up due to this case but am a long time reader.

If he showed up in an average car at a supermarket for example ( I am the UK so for example asda or tesco) wearing a mask and a hat, I am guessing u less you saw his hands with the tattoo you wouldn't recognise him. So he can hide in plain sight and not need to go I to the environment they are looking for him. What's to say he isn't literally living under everyone's noses?

His eye's are pretty unique. He get's them from his mom. I think anyone who has seen him without a mask, could identify him with a mask on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143