Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree,
BUT it makes me wonder why he would even bother coming back, retaining a lawyer, and be with his parents before leaving to off himself. i mean maybe he just wanted one last time with them but if he was suicidal why bother with a lawyer and why would the parents just let him leave knowing something was up enough to ignore Gabby's parents calls.
IF i had just done something really bad and had complete anxiety or stress, I would want to sit alone and rock in a closet with hangers and ruminate and retrace every step i'd taken in the last 3 weeks, not have to engage in any type of interaction, except the madness of my own mind. I don't think he cared about 'last good byes' or anything sentimental at all. But that's JMO.

I am very curious about this also.
Why did it take the Petitos 11 days to report her missing? If I wasn't getting responses from my daughter, or her boyfriend, or her boyfriends parents...I would report that within one day. Just curious if this indicates there was unreported communication of some kind.

Edit: "No service in Yosemite." That explains a few days...but 11?

I'm not sure that the dates are all that important. The neighbors saw that GP's van returned. The neighbors saw that the Laundrie's purchased or brought home a camper shell. The neighbors saw BL and his father stocking and/or preparing the camper shell and then the truck/camper leaving the house for a few days. I do wonder if the neighbors ever saw BL again after this "camping trip." The neighbors said this all occurred prior to officers talking to them about GP being missing. Again, I'm not so sure the exact dates are all that important. What is important is that BL returned with BP's van, and then the Laundries purchasing the camper shell and hurrying off to some camping excursion or other trip prior to GP being reported as missing. IMO

*** And not telling her parents he came home without her!!!

GAHH, the rage I have for the BL family and GP isn’t even my daughter.

Our maybe this was one of those potential times when he locked her out of the van and left her somewhere. Maybe his driving slowly was him returning to look for her?

Or - they could've both just been in the back of the van relaxing. Or - one of them could've been off walking around and the other in the back. We just don't know, but we're getting closer to knowing.

I’ve just gone over that loop of the thermal imagery video and I swear there are TWO sections moving. I’ve marked them in the image. Forwards and backwards, both of those sections move. Definitely a person at the bottom IMO.

I'm just wondering why we are analyzing this image? Yes I can see a person moving but why is it important? It's not like it's a live image of the Carlton Reserve. I don't know if we have info if this video was footage of the helicopter search. Did they use thermal imaging in their search? Or Is the news just using some random thermal images?

But if they had been fighting I could see her going in the back to distance from him. And he is going slow and erratic because they are yelling back and forth at each other.
Not me, but that's my life history speaking. Pulling into a gorgeous new camping area, she'd want to be up front. It was her occupation, her work, to document their trips. Arriving at GT would be a perfect chance for that. Also, he had trained her to mollify him, so she would not miss that adventure unless he had already hurt her. I'm still of the opinion he did it on the 26th unless I see proof of the restaurant altercation. Other than my boyfriend has a photographic memory, sat up in the middle of the night and started "screaming" that he figured out who BL was. (shorthand for the post restaurant account)

So just waiting here with an open mind...dishing out my own opinion based on my own experiences camping, etc. The best time, full of expectations and wonder, picking your camping place.

Maybe the FBI had an electronic surveillance warrant and bugged their house when they served the search warrant on the house.
That and now that they know from the neighbors that mother, father and son took a 3 day camping trip, can’t they check all the cameras around town for the camper’s license plate to see where they were “camping” or scouting a future location.

And when they are pulling into a "wild" campground, both people would be excited and looking around to choose a place. I can see sleeping in the back, even with no windows on a long haul on the freeway. Maybe she was just "sick" from some physical abuse, and staying in the back, voluntarily or not. And then on the night between 26-27 he finished her off, and took time to get her out of there under a few short hours of darkness? Or even walked her out there if she was groggy and hurt, then completed it out there. (Still not believing the restaurant story on the 27th, but open to seeing proof)

I think it's now been confirmed by the merry piglets tex mex restaurant in wyoming they were spotted there at 1pm on the 27th august having an argument with a hostess. (The instagrammer who posted the story just reposted a screenshot from the tex mex restaurant confirming. It hasnt been reported yet widely)

This is my first post here. I signed up due to this case but am a long time reader.

If he showed up in an average car at a supermarket for example ( I am the UK so for example asda or tesco) wearing a mask and a hat, I am guessing u less you saw his hands with the tattoo you wouldn't recognise him. So he can hide in plain sight and not need to go I to the environment they are looking for him. What's to say he isn't literally living under everyone's noses?

I’ve just gone over that loop of the thermal imagery video and I swear there are TWO sections moving. I’ve marked them in the image. Forwards and backwards, both of those sections move. Definitely a person at the bottom IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if they saw 50 people on infrared. How many searchers are in there? Its like a black hole that sucks in LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny