Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that might be true for quite a while, but I changed my mind after the neighbors remembered BL and his parents preparing for a "camping trip" and leaving for some days. I believe the Mustang was a McGuffin (ruse) as the Mustang story arose after the neighbor had seen them pack, leave in the camper/topper and return. BL was long gone by then.
I think the Mustang/wildlife preserve story was fabricated to give the impression the Laundries are on an equal plane with GP's family...missing child. It is not true and has been concocted to "rehabilitate" the Landries, because of their inexplicably cold silence and non-cooperation - by their legal counsel. It served three purposes, dumbing down the utter hatred fomented against the Landries, giving BL a head start and sending an army of LE personnel on a wild goose chase.

This is spot on imo.

WOW !!!
While I realize it does not help solve where BL is or what exactly happened to Gabby, it is a nice tribute to someone murdered (Yes, LE has said it is a homicide, per ME )
Plus you never know... murderers have been know to "REVISIT " the SOC or burial so could be trivial to who made it.

JMO

Total speculation on my part, but it's possible that Brian made the cross after he got back to the spot where the van was parked at Spread Creek when the couple he offered $200 to dropped him off. Maybe at that point he was rational enough to realize what he'd done and erected the 'memorial'? MOO.

If you go to “Red, White and Bethune” on YouTube you can watch their videos to see the van that they noticed on August 27th at Spread Creek

thanks. I already told the poster I replied top that my brain has turned to mush and he was right

I don't see a Victor in Wyoming on the map? The Idaho one is pretty close to the park as well. Plus, the store Rustic Row is in Victor, Idaho.
There's like a little area in WY xalled Victor but Victor, ID makes sense as theres another spotting of BL by himself at a place in West Yellowstone . You'll have to do your own research on that one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-233031_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-233031_Maps.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 7
I really didn’t think Brian was a bad guy, watching the stop in Utah, I thought things were a simple misunderstanding, immature slapping between both parties. I kept seeing so many say it was DV, I didn’t see that. So many said google reactive violence. I finally did, and now I see why I saw things the way I did. God bless Gabby!

What I picked up on right away in the police stop was when he said he had no complaints about Gabby and hoped she had none about him. And then he nervously laughed. That told me all I needed to know.

Total speculation on my part, but it's possible that Brian made the cross after he got back to the spot where the van was parked at Spread Creek when the couple he offered $200 to dropped him off. Maybe at that point he was rational enough to realize what he'd done and erected the 'memorial'? MOO.
i highly doubt that but who knows at this point...

That's my hope, as it would mean he's alive.

The issue is that law enforcement is obviously aware of all this, yet they continue to search that preserve.

I mean, they'd almost certainly know if he returned from that "camping trip" or not.
It seemed odd to me that LE said ok we've searched the reserve as best we can, we're done. Then they raid BL's parent's house and the next day the search in the reserve is back on.

Makes me think LE thought, ok car parked here was a decoy, he's absconded from this area. Then something found on those hard drives changed their minds back to he's suicidal and in the swamp somewhere?

could they be detecting cell tower pings from the area? They seem so adamant that he is in there....
Possibly, but the other county choppers were circling very suicide areas in their respective counties. So maybe it's just areas where they have had potential sightings, or maybe completely unrelated. Alachua circled one area for over an hour before heading in.

I'm slightly ashamed to admit I've been watching the flight tracker all day and randomly panning out to look for other helicopters in Florida to see if anybody else is searching lol

If he only went there to suicide, why would he need a backpack and large backpack with hip straps?

Who knows? My Osprey daypack has a full waist belt. You need something to use I suppose.

I just feel like he had plenty of time to go somewhere comfortable. I don’t think he’s nearly as anxious for deprivation as his emotional environmentalism might suggest.

Ive been hiking for many years. The only hike I’ve done in FL was at Ding Darling in March. The idea of hiding in a FL swamp after this years rains & will more likely just seems too stupid when there’s so much public hiking land in this country not right near his house.

I can't quote because it was on the last thread but I believe it was @Born2BWild and @Figuring that posted about Gabby's instagram being delayed for some reason. I just wanted to note that a lot of travel vloggers will do this and don't post real time info of their location for safety reasons. They don't want their viewers to know exactly where they are in real time. I don't know if that was the case here, but just wanted to mention that it might be the reason for the delay on some posts.

I did say that because I read someone on this thread speak to different platforms that allow the poster to schedule when they want certain content to publish. Just as news doesn’t occur in neat increments, she probably spent travel days not capturing too much and yet haD outstanding content from one day that be posted over a three day span. I’ve worked in a newsroom where we scheduled stories to post in a staggered format and it increases viewership and she loved her followers. IMO.

Yes, unfortunately, as I feel like he’d only go there to commit suicide. Now I could be totally off base. I hope I am. I’d much rather he be found alive.

Now it may be that he was feeling pretty relaxed at home until they found the Spread Creek Campground evidence. So it wasn’t possible to flee very far.

But he was clearly taking measures to not be caught.

I'm getting into the realm of speculation, but I just want to consider a handful of things after today.
  • Neighbor reports the Laundries go on a three day 'camping' trip
  • Law enforcement brought in a dive team today
  • The Laundrie parents are not yet suspected of being accessories to a crime
PERHAPS law enforcement is dedicating these resources because they believe the Laundries dumped evidence in that swamp and they are attempting to use that evidence as leverage against the parents for more information.

For what it's worth, I couldn't possibly think of a better place to hide evidence than an alligator-infested, densely murky, swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HubCitySleuth