Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume LE has a record if there was in fact a "note" but they don't have much of a reason to tell us whether they did or did not leave one. Plus, since the timeline given by the Laundrie family lawyer does not line up at all with the reality of when the car was and was not in the driveway, I tend to believe that the note was a fabrication that MSM took as fact because it came from a lawyer. Either the lawyer lied about the mustang story or the parents told the lawyer a lie. I assume it was the parents who fed a lie to their lawyer, but who knows.
I took it to mean that standard procedure is that notices are placed upin vehicles parked in that location overnight which are likely to lead the the vehicle being towed away and as they were familiar with the location this is prior knowledge they had.
I agree the lawyer's statement about the days was inaccurate because we saw footage https://twitter.com/BrianEntin

Mod Note:

We are on Thread #27 and it appears confusion and mix ups are happening. To make this easier on each of you, and us as we try to support you, here are some basics:

-Links: Use a link to support statements of fact, quotes, etc.
-Keep posts relevant to the case
AND
-The Merry Piglets Facebook Post is approved: Log In or Sign Up to View
I would like to know how The Merry Piglets confirmed that Gabby and Brian where at their restaurant and not another couple. An exact date and time would also be helpful. JMO.

I assume LE has a record if there was in fact a "note" but they don't have much of a reason to tell us whether they did or did not leave one. Plus, since the timeline given by the Laundrie family lawyer does not line up at all with the reality of when the car was and was not in the driveway, I tend to believe that the note was a fabrication that MSM took as fact because it came from a lawyer. Either the lawyer lied about the mustang story or the parents told the lawyer a lie. I assume it was the parents who fed a lie to their lawyer, but who knows.

but they said it was a note from police so could so easily be proven wrong, right?

I had said it would be creepy to think... what if he did ?
As the stepfather of Gabby made the second cross in a thin grove of trees with a bunch of wildflowers.

There was a post quoting a msm source saying it was unknown ... later amended to say that the CSI team placed it.
I went back and edited a bit late.
Apologies.

Thank you for clarifying!

I do not know Wyoming law on this. If BL ends up pleading not guilty to charges, then he is leaving open that he possibly did not know Gabby was dead when he took the van home and that he had full permission to use it as if it were his. That maybe she took off with other people after a fight and breakup with him, and she told him to take the van and get away from her. Or that he could not find her, and he freaked out and took the van home as the understanding they had was that he drove the van. Gabby has been seen on video tape saying she doesn’t like to drive that van and this trip was a joint venture.
Perhaps car theft charges will be thrown in the mix when LE decides to charge BL with homicide charges. But standing alone, there is no evidence he stole the van. The instant , Gabby was found dead, her family could have demanded the van unless it was somehow willed or stipulated he get it in such a case. We’ll see who does get the van when LE is finished with it. I think it will go to her family.
This is a FEDERAL investigation. Federal law. Doesn't he have to be indicted by a federal grand jury to be arrested and charged??? LAWYERS!! please help!!! Am I wrong? JMO

Presumably this one: Google Maps

It's only about 20 miles from Jackson, but it's over the border into Idaho. From there, it's a pretty easy drive via Driggs and Ashton to West Yellowstone.

I don't think there is a Victor Wyoming. Nothing Googlemaps knows about, anyway.
How does West Yellowstone fit in? I assumed they drove to Jackson and then north into the Tetons? If they entered at West Yellowstone, that would have been quite a bit further north. They'd have driven down through about 2/3 of Yellowstone to get to the Tetons. It didn't sound as though the pair had reached the Yellowstone portion of their schedule.

I always wondered if this was mistaken identity.
Yelling out that they were engaged, doesn't sound like something Gabby would do, especially as at that time they weren't engaged - and telling other people so could've upset BL and sent him into a DV rage.

So one thing I havent seen come up since like thread 1 was the person that talked to them both about how they did the interior of the van and the set up. If I recall it was a male. It was earlier in their trip.GP also tell him they were engaged? Does anyone remember this?

Yeah like why didn't they run plates on the car before they tagged it? Wouldn't at that point LE become suspicious of who owned it?
Good point. SMH. I would think running plates would be standard -- for one thing, to make sure the vehicle isn't stolen. LE in my area have an automatic plate check -- such as, if LE is in a chase or they pull someone over for speeding, at a car crash, etc., the camera focuses on the tag and returns the usual info and any alerts.

They sure could have - and we don't know that (seems unlikely).

I just think that Brian needed Gabby to even find this out of the way (sort of) campground (that she had listed in her "places to camp" list on Dyrt).

I do not think Brian knew, when they were in Jackson, exactly where that campground was.

My thought has been that the plan had been to set up camp there that night the 27th but it didn’t happen bc we know why now. I feel like her flip flops seen outside the van on the 27th along with a book and flashlight may have been items she’d bring along for the night and placed there while getting ready to take with and set up camp. IMO the youtubers drove by right around the time of what occurred and that’s why there was no sign of anyone but those items were still on the ground.

Concerning the larger cross. I didn't think it looked like a cross because the crossbar is usually near the top of the long arm. This one had the crossbar in the middle. To me it looked like a temporary aerial target that provide control for aerial mapping flights. They are usually white X's painted on the road or a plastic material if there is no pavement. I thought maybe the search crew had put it up for an aerial survey or maybe as a designated GPS spot to measure all the crime scene locations to in documentation. But someone posted a link that stated the search teams didn't put it up, so I don't know what its for. If they find BL's necklace under one of those rocks it would be right useful.

X Marks the Spot: What Is That Thing? - Ayres

Presumably this one: Google Maps

It's only about 20 miles from Jackson, but it's over the border into Idaho. From there, it's a pretty easy drive via Driggs and Ashton to West Yellowstone.

I don't think there is a Victor Wyoming. Nothing Googlemaps knows about, anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-233031_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-233031_Maps.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 33
I'm not sure why there has to be a tent anywhere in this scenario? GP and BL may have had a tent with them. It doesn't mean they necessarily set it up. And this spot evidently wasn't a designated camp spot: it was a parking or pull over spot. You wouldn't want to be setting up equipment if you were camped illegally, surely?

I don't think it was illegal. It's a dispersed camping area. The Forest Service rules for dispersed camping indicate you don't have to be in an established campground.

Fishlake National Forest - Recreation
"Drive on existing roads to prevent resource damage. Dispersed camping is allowed in a one-mile perimeter away from campgrounds and 100 feet from any stream. To prevent resource damage please keep your campsite within 150 feet from a roadway."

If they were staying for several days, they likely set up the tent to mark their place while they drove around sightseeing.

I don't know who "lady with the dog" was. The tik tok witness people all had dogs, far as I know. The first family that drove by had several dogs. Who is the lady with one dog and what did she see? Yes please let's name her something else.

The “lady with the one dog” is Jessica Over Yonder on TikTok and she said she saw the van for several days in that spot while she and friends were camping from Aug. 22-29

The Bethune family who posted on YouTube were the family who drove by the van on August 27th and they happen to have 4 dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste