Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately worth a shot. Maybe it can get done and the family could use that to bring awareness to DV.
IMO
I have a gut feeling it's gonna be something GREAT, will do unprecedented great work for victims in the future in the right creative hands and with excellent financing and resources, and I really want that, for Gabby.
NOW is the time.

At this point this has happened. We don't know what would've happened had they stopped.
Has anybody seen the supposed "face" in the passenger side window during the Red white and bethune video?
Yes, I saw that and it does look like a face. His. Making it all the more chilling knowing that she may literally may have been in the back deceased or in trouble when they passed by. Ugh.

And it seems like this area was somewhat popular and busy. The Bethune drove by and saw the van while they were looking for a place to set up camp. In the video the mom posted pointing out the van, she specifically says they saw the van again when they came back after not being able to find a spot.

This is bothering me. GP and BL seem to have been very visible. In fact, highly visible, given all the attention being drawn to the couples hardships. As we learn of more public displays and think about the outcome for Gabby, I’m having difficulty forming a picture of the mindset of BL and reconciling his ability to get back to Florida.

Somethings are just off. BL knew LE had video of the van stop before he and GP were separated for the night. He knew there was at least one 911 call. He knew a restaurant full of people may recall his outburst. He openly hopped in another car while hitchhiking and gave his name. And yet, after GB was gone, he made zero attempt to conceal her body?* With all the campers, I just can’t reconcile the cool head that was able to drive to FL, with the unthinking head that wouldn’t conceal her in order to possible delay discovery? And then he gets to his house and just hangs? Maybe heads out with mom and dad for a long weekend? I’m perplexed. Did someone come the him and help him drive back? Or am I missing the severity of the mental pathology?

*One of the news reporters put a video up on Twitter when the helicopters started looking over Spread Creek. I was shocked when those in the air said they saw Gabby. I’ll try to find it.
If you look at the pictures where Gabby's step dad put the cross where she was found, it is fairly concealed and one would never have seen her from the other side of the creek

Well, there goes the theory that some have mentioned: that she was killed inside the van.
I think that distance would have been too far for Brian to carry her body.
I agree. That's why I think she ran (perhaps even barefoot; I suppose the coroner will say), he caught up with her, and killed her on the spot. I'm sure, poor thing, she was terrified of him.
I would guess this couldn't have happened in the dark. I don't know how they'd get to that spot in the dark.... But then, nearby sites might have heard screams, and sound carries much further and louder at night.

Hello Websleuthers,

It's been a while, but this Petito case seems so similar to other mysteriously dead/murdered women with an unstable male partner that it struck a chord, like that the endless Pistorius trial and a few cases I followed - Heyo and nice to be here again!

I’m just posting about this latest Merry Piglet restaurant incident and the couple who have witness accounts. It appears to be one of the latest aggressive outburst incidents witnessed before Petito died. Therefore it may be important to analyze to go into ‘state of mind’.

From the Fox News article: “Angelo, a photographer, said she couldn’t overhear the conversation but that she believed Laundrie was arguing with staff over the bill or about money. She described his body language as "aggressive" and said he left and returned about four times.

[On Nina Angelo’s boyfriend Matthew England]: “England also provided a credit card statement showing he spent $60.88 at the restaurant Aug. 27.”

“Angelo said it did not appear that Laundrie was on drugs, and he was "not screaming." But he was behaving aggressively with the restaurant staff, a waitress, a hostess and the manager – all women.”

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

bbm
The Aha! moment: (from K.T.'s post)
But he was behaving aggressively with the restaurant staff, a waitress, a hostess and the manager – all women.”

Need I say more?

I wonder where that family went on their supposed "weekend camping" trip.
That's the biggest question on the entire internet right now I'd imagine... hopefully some good theories are produced soon.
I wonder whether it's possible they could have travelled to the crime scene to make some 'adjustments'? That's a tad wild, I know..

Yes a yard is 3 feet for reference! So IF It’s 700-900 yards distance it would be 2100-2700 ft from the van. That would be like a 10 minute walk, or 5 min sprint (very roughly).
I think someone here measured the distance from where the van was parked to where the coroner was working as 800 or 1000 feet. That's still quite a ways, and of course I could be wrong.

I don't think they'd put the tent over there on the other side of the creek from the van, though of course anything is possible. I remember from seeing the coroner's tent that there's what looks like a little gravel road there, but I don't know if it's accessible to private vehicles.

JMO

Gabby Petito's uncle rips the law firm representing Brian Laundrie's family as 'beyond disgusting'

Gabby Petito's uncle has slammed the attorney representing his niece's fiancé, Brian Laundrie, and his parents as "beyond disgusting" in the wake of authorities confirming that the young woman was found dead in Wyoming.

"As far as the law is concerned this law firm may be immune due to attorney/client privilege," Steven Petito wrote in an Instagram post on Tuesday.

"But in the eyes of the public you are as guilty and complicit with this massive cover-up and stalling tactic," the uncle said.

That's the biggest question on the entire internet right now I'd imagine... hopefully some good theories are produced soon.
I wonder whether it's possible they could have travelled to the crime scene to make some 'adjustments'? That's a tad wild, I know..
They were only gone for 2 days, no way they could make that trip in the time given

Ah ok, you caught me being a non-camper here. I had no idea it was an illegal spot for a tent and had seen their photos where it appeared they used a tent often so assumed. Wrong assumption it sounds!
And it dispersed camping....no designated area
People have said they are surprised because other campers park next them all the time when it all open areas.

I did read that this area is popular and there are numbered sites that are really large and distanced from each other and you have 5 days to camp there...

So do the Park Rangers drive around everyday and check? they must control it someway. At lease at Spread Creek.

and it looks like the Van maybe wasnt they were parked not in the center of lot .... but almost on the road like a pull thru site.. this site had an opening going to the creek.. in the picture of the evidence tagged on the bush. and logs to walk on... so someone has used it often.

here is a picture of where or near where I thought they were parked
if you looked behind the trailer toward the road maybe that is where the van was parked and not sure when this picture was taken the other picture you have to look thru the woods to see the trailer etc.

Spread Creek Dispersed Campsite #5 Reviews updated 2021

I transcribed today’s Instagram stories of Nina Celie Angelo (IG: Ninacelie) about her Aug 27, 1 pm recollections. She has obviously been interviewed by media - in a previous post from Fox News - but I think her stream of conscious story is probably the most interesting firsthand account after they had just told the authorities.

Note: It is relevant that Nina Angelo and Matthew England state they were sitting next to Brian Laundries and Gabby Petito by the front door and right next to the hostess stand. The argument was at the hostess stand/front door and Gabby was crying just outside. This may be why other staff or patrons did not see the argument. As someone noted, she's again apologizing for him and trying to placate the situation. Important to note too, she is seen as crying alone while he is the aggressor.

I’ve bolded parts I think are the most relevant to the deteriorating mental state of Brian and Gabby. Especially concerning is his towards his verbal aggression towards the female staff, the hostess and the restaurant manager.

Transcription
“We were at this restaurant, you guys, Friday, August 27th 1 pm sitting right next to them. They got kicked out of the restaurant. And were fighting with the hostess. They were fighting with the hostess. She [Petito] was hysterically crying. And she walked out and she was crying and she was staying on the sidewalk and I was watching the whole thing unfold.

And he walked back in the restaurant and he’s fighting with the hostess. And I didn’t even know what happened, I don’t even know if they got kicked out but they left abruptly. And she was standing on the sidewalk crying and he walked back in and was like screaming at the hostess and then walked back out. And then, he walked back in like four more times to talk to the manager and to like, tell the hostess off.

[Nina Celie Angelo talks further on trying to be calmer and recollect in more detail. Discusses how they went to a wedding after seeing this restaurant incident and that may be why they did not recollect this argument as that of the missing couple.]

…They were sitting right next to us, like right f*ing next to us and we were both sitting right by the hostess stand, right by the front door. I went to the bathroom, I came back and they were like abruptly leaving like something happened. My first thought is that they were displeased with the service and they were walking out or they were trying to get out of paying their bill. But it was kind of like a scene.

And I was like zoned in for some reason, and Matt was on his phone and I was like babe, put your phone down like something was going on. Guys, it was like f*ing scene, like something that doesn’t happen every day at a restaurant. The way he was acting, she was crying, she was upset. This had to have been right before she died.

So, she walks out, she’s upset, she’s crying. And he’s like, more angry. Like you could tell it’s more sadness for her and she’s crying for some reason. I don’t know if she was embarrassed, or what. Because I don’t know I couldn’t hear. I don’t know what was going on. I could just see what was unfolding.

And so she’s standing on the sidewalk, I could just see her through the front door and she’s standing on the sidewalk crying. And he walks out with he, but then like right away turns around and walks back in and he’s, you know, kind of like violently talking to the hostess.

And you know you could tell he’s angry and um, and they’re just like doing the like ‘sorry we don’t know what to tell you, kind of thing.’ You could tell he was relentless, he wouldn’t drop it, whatever it was, he wouldn’t drop it.

He walked out, he walked back into the restaurant probably four more times.”

I think someone here measured the distance from where the van was parked to where the coroner was working as 800 or 1000 feet. That's still quite a ways, and of course I could be wrong.

I don't think they'd put the tent over there on the other side of the creek from the van, though of course anything is possible. I remember from seeing the coroner's tent that there's what looks like a little gravel road there, but I don't know if it's accessible to private vehicles.

JMO
Thank you, I've seen so many different numbers today, I'd lost all track of the distance! That's very little distance at all--a matter of just a few minutes away.

I find it interesting that the connection between the murdered married women was quickly shot down. Even though it seems like there’s no leads for that murder. Brian has always been a person of interest and not a suspect in Gabbys murder. The FBI searching for him where his parents told them to. Does anybody else think that the FBI also knows that Brian has been gone for quite sometime and they don’t know where. So they are portraying the illusion they are searching for him as a missing person where his family said to to make Brian and his family feel like they have control of the situation hoping they’ll eventually make a mistake giving away his location. They believe he’s close to home but if they would’ve named him as a suspect he would have fled further away. If he’s close to home they know he’s wrapped around his parents fingers and eventually communication will be made.

so i don't know if this has been covered this thread has slowed down a bit now but the last few days it has moved like lightening

but we've all been watching WFLA i noticed at the end of their youtube stream today they cut it short and said we're stopping our re-broadcasting on social media platforms but we'll still be live on our app and website

i wonder what that is about? its just to drive people to their webpage and app or something else?

I transcribed today’s Instagram stories of Nina Celie Angelo (IG: Ninacelie) about her Aug 27, 1 pm recollections. She has obviously been interviewed by media - in a previous post from Fox News - but I think her stream of conscious story is probably the most interesting firsthand account after they had just told the authorities.

Note: It is relevant that Nina Angelo and Matthew England state they were sitting next to Brian Laundries and Gabby Petito by the front door and right next to the hostess stand. The argument was at the hostess stand/front door and Gabby was crying just outside. This may be why other staff or patrons did not see the argument. As someone noted, she's again apologizing for him and trying to placate the situation. Important to note too, she is seen as crying alone while he is the aggressor.

I’ve bolded parts I think are the most relevant to the deteriorating mental state of Brian and Gabby. Especially concerning is his towards his verbal aggression towards the female staff, the hostess and the restaurant manager.

Transcription
“We were at this restaurant, you guys, Friday, August 27th 1 pm sitting right next to them. They got kicked out of the restaurant. And were fighting with the hostess. They were fighting with the hostess. She [Petito] was hysterically crying. And she walked out and she was crying and she was staying on the sidewalk and I was watching the whole thing unfold.

And he walked back in the restaurant and he’s fighting with the hostess. And I didn’t even know what happened, I don’t even know if they got kicked out but they left abruptly. And she was standing on the sidewalk crying and he walked back in and was like screaming at the hostess and then walked back out. And then, he walked back in like four more times to talk to the manager and to like, tell the hostess off.

[Nina Celie Angelo talks further on trying to be calmer and recollect in more detail. Discusses how they went to a wedding after seeing this restaurant incident and that may be why they did not recollect this argument as that of the missing couple.]

…They were sitting right next to us, like right f*ing next to us and we were both sitting right by the hostess stand, right by the front door. I went to the bathroom, I came back and they were like abruptly leaving like something happened. My first thought is that they were displeased with the service and they were walking out or they were trying to get out of paying their bill. But it was kind of like a scene.

And I was like zoned in for some reason, and Matt was on his phone and I was like babe, put your phone down like something was going on. Guys, it was like f*ing scene, like something that doesn’t happen every day at a restaurant. The way he was acting, she was crying, she was upset. This had to have been right before she died.

So, she walks out, she’s upset, she’s crying. And he’s like, more angry. Like you could tell it’s more sadness for her and she’s crying for some reason. I don’t know if she was embarrassed, or what. Because I don’t know I couldn’t hear. I don’t know what was going on. I could just see what was unfolding.

And so she’s standing on the sidewalk, I could just see her through the front door and she’s standing on the sidewalk crying. And he walks out with he, but then like right away turns around and walks back in and he’s, you know, kind of like violently talking to the hostess.

And you know you could tell he’s angry and um, and they’re just like doing the like ‘sorry we don’t know what to tell you, kind of thing.’ You could tell he was relentless, he wouldn’t drop it, whatever it was, he wouldn’t drop it.

He walked out, he walked back into the restaurant probably four more times.”
IMO This is another great account of how people need to learn signs of DV. Maybe somebody could have helped Gabby. This is disheartening to know that she had a few chances for someone to help her and nobody did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member