Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could BL be in a psych evaluation/medical hold somewhere that is confidential/Hippa protected? A good way to hide from the law and claim insanity if ever charged w a crime. Just thinking outside the box. His parents certainly aren’t begging for his return. And a medical/psych ward may not have to report him being there since there is not warrant for arrest.

The West Yellowstone sighting doesn't really fit in, I agree. It is not logical that they quickly did Yellowstone and also not logical that they entered from that side. There is lots to see in Yellowstone and to me it doesn't make sense that they would only spent minimal hours there. Especially since they had planned to meet Rose there a couple days later.

IMO - (I’m not saying the police are to blame)

In Moab, at the time they were pulled over, at some point it was mentioned that Gabbie could be charged. I feel so bad for this girl who was already was being beaten down mentally, physically by BL to be told that she was in trouble!!! That must have been terrifying for her.
I also think the whole thing emboldened BL, and was something he pushed in her face if she reacted to more of his abuse.
May she find rest and peace.

I got a question that might answer a few things. Are Gabbys sandals in the van? My guess is he took those from the scene and didn’t want them back in the van in case they had blood on them etc. Where are those sandals? If they were on gabby then we know she passed after that van sighting. If not, where are they and they were hid or disposed prior to return home

Too thinking.

Gabby wasn't wearing the sandals (as they were on the ground outside the back of the van) so was she inside the van, sleeping/chilling out? Probably not, as the van looked locked up and vacant. No door or window was open.

Then was she already dead in the dirt at this point? If so, either she went out there barefoot or in different shoes.

The sandals were facing towards the van, left as they would be if someone had come back to the van.

So did BL take the sandals back once he'd killed her. We're they laying in different places in the area where he killed her?
Did Gabby try to run? It's hard to run in them, so they may have come off and scattered. BL killed her, picked up her sandals, went back to the van and then off to Snake River for a few days.

Right. The fact that no LE has ever said it happened makes me wonder if he actually flew home. I believe she told her family that, but I have my doubts as to whether he really did.
I have my doubts about whether he flew home too, but LE has really only released very little information, so I don't think we can take their silence on any given topic as evidence of anything.

I have a question I hope can make clear! Obviously the shift between POI & suspect requires a certain degree of evidence. Perhaps w BL there is not yet enough evidence. However.

When there could be enough evidence for this shift, does it have to occur? Do they have to declare it? & m, if not, are there strategic advantages to not changing the status (even if the evidentiary threshold is met)?

Last edited:
Could BL be in a psych evaluation/medical hold somewhere that is confidential/Hippa protected? A good way to hide from the law and claim insanity if ever charged w a crime. Just thinking outside the box. His parents certainly aren’t begging for his return. And a medical/psych ward may not have to report him being there since there is not warrant for arrest.

I thought that was possible until recently. I suppose the parents saying they thought he was suicidal (if they said that) would be technically true in that case? I think the FBI would have the means of knowing.

Just curious...The first cross we saw had some washing under the stones... did it rain or was the stones in the moving water? could mean something?

Yes, exactly… with the first cross you could see where the ground had washed away from the stones in several places and the ground looked like it had been under water at some point or rained on…

And yet.... they allowed BL to escape, practically from under their noses, and now he's been on the run for the best part of a week and they still can't find him. He's a 23 year old kid.

Why do you assume BL was even in the house when Gabby was reported missing? He was likely gone prior to the cops ever stepping foot on that property…

I'm pretty sure any medical/Healthcare provider has an ethical obligation to alert LE in situations like this. HIPAA only covers the release of your medical records, but they can still be obtained thrift certain legal avenues.

ETA: "Law Enforcement Purposes. Covered entities may disclose protected health information to law enforcement officials for law enforcement purposes under the following six circumstances, and subject to specified conditions: (1) as required by law (including court orders, court-ordered warrants, subpoenas) and administrative requests; (2) to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person; (3) in response to a law enforcement official’s request for information about a victim or suspected victim of a crime; (4) to alert law enforcement of a person’s death, if the covered entity suspects that criminal activity caused the death; (5) when a covered entity believes that protected health information is evidence of a crime that occurred on its premises; and (6) by a covered health care provider in a medical emergency not occurring on its premises, when necessary to inform law enforcement about the commission and nature of a crime, the location of the crime or crime victims, and the perpetrator of the crime.34"

copy and pasted from HHS.gov

Edited for spelling and probably still didn't get it all. I need to go to bed, it's just getting worse

Last edited:
I'm starting to think LE is searching the nearby park / swamp because there is cellphone data coming from there that indicates her cellphone is there.

And that the Mustang carried the cellphone there.

Not him, I think he's in NY being hidden by family /friends/ medical issues and that's why the attorney is there because "should he be found in NY" he would need a NY attorney, not a Florida attorney
I think you’re right. BL is for sure hiding, his parents are too quiet for him to be missing. LE might just be searching for evidence of some sort. There has to be a reason they are so dedicated to searching there.

I have a question, apologies if it’s been answered, too many posts to keep up with! Sorry if it’s a dumb question too, I don’t know a lot about warrants, etc. :)

To find BL, at this point in the investigation, could LE get a warrant to look into his family’s phone calls, credit card transactions, or see if their vehicles were on a traffic cam somewhere? Not saying they are guilty of a crime, but in hopes it will lead them to BL?

I just do not believe he is in the reserve they are searching, if he had the intention of going on the run. It’s very possible IMO that he was dropped off at a semi-primitive campground in a national forest with a stock of supplies. Say he changed out his tent, you pay cash up front for 14 days, and stay out of sight, hike to the next one, he could go unnoticed for quite a bit. Pretty much no one will bother you, in my experience.

This whole thing is just so bizarre and uncomfortable given that I now live near the debunked sighting of him in NWFL. I would not have even thought to be looking for him, even though I’m following the case. Just saying a lot of people don’t pay close attention, especially if we wear masks.

So wouldn’t the quickest way to find him be to start digging into the people who saw him last and probably know exactly where he is? How does this work from a legal perspective of where he stands as a POI right now? Just curious what LE has the authority to do right now.

ETA: MOO and the debunked “sighting” of NOT him. :)

I got a question that might answer a few things. Are Gabbys sandals in the van? My guess is he took those from the scene and didn’t want them back in the van in case they had blood on them etc. Where are those sandals? If they were on gabby then we know she passed after that van sighting. If not, where are they and they were hid or disposed prior to return home
Very interesting, WonderBoy! I hope someone gets on that‍♂️

Yes, a date and time would be helpful. The post on the business page doesn’t offer that information unfortunately.
Given the statement is on their official business page, and is stated as being shared with the FBI, it is approved to discuss. When something is approved it is then up to posters as individuals to determine whether they feel that information may or may not fit.
Time and day
Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

Angelo said she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August. They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1 and 2 p.m. on Aug. 27, when they said an agitated Laundrie began arguing with a waitress. Four and a half hours later, a travel-blogging couple passed Petito's van at a campsite north of town.

Yes, a date and time would be helpful. The post on the business page doesn’t offer that information unfortunately.
Given the statement is on their official business page, and is stated as being shared with the FBI, it is approved to discuss. When something is approved it is then up to posters as individuals to determine whether they feel that information may or may not fit.
8/27 around 1pm. The couple that sat near them and reported the incident have their own restaurant receipt too.

CD02D8C9-4796-44D0-BE0C-5B4522B203B7.jpeg CD02D8C9-4796-44D0-BE0C-5B4522B203B7.jpeg I’m sure this has been clarified/discussed and I am just missing it..but do the Laundries own a white van similar to Gabbys? I ask because I was just watching a msm article on what the FBI took from the Laundrie home as evidence. It’s a you tube link, and shows a still image of the FBI carrying boxes away from their home. To the agents right side (our left on the video) is a white van. I don’t recall them having one, and given the FBI is taking boxes of evidence away, the van was taken away long before the search warrant was issued? I’m so confused by this and it’s been impossible to keep up on these threads.

Attachments

• 1604724B-475C-47DF-A290-5B6E3F63932E.jpeg
    1604724B-475C-47DF-A290-5B6E3F63932E.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 33
I think the offer of a reward would loosen lips in this case. $50K seems like a good start. Anyone along the familial food chain might find turning him in more appealing if there was a cash incentive. Its also an encouragement for professional bounty hunters.

And that family member who tries to collect the reward would be charged with obstruction ie: withholding information.

Yeah like why didn't they run plates on the car before they tagged it? Wouldn't at that point LE become suspicious of who owned it?

If he park the car there before Gabby’s dad reported her missing, his name or his parents names wouldn’t have raised any suspicions. I believe he left the area the Tuesday before, so 9/7, if he left on “Tuesday” like his parents claim he did. They just conveniently let the cops think it was the most recent Tuesday to when they reported it (so 9/14). MOO

Can "we" stop asking if the FBI are doing basic things like checking flights and financial records of the family? They do this for a living and are highly trained.
No, I really think that because they keep pushing that he's not a suspect, etc and so on, that we can't expect the FBI to be violating any of their civil rights or privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties