Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/hleighwfts/status/1441067630371213315?s=21

WOW. This really is crazy terrain officials are trekking through in the search for #BrianLaundrie

thanks for sharing. No wonder this could take a while. I have the utmost respect for the searchers braving that area. Doesn’t seem like a place they’d search just for the heck of it. Also makes sense that’s where BL would go to kill himself if that’s what he did. He might never be found.

I don't think it was specifically for BL's use, but for them all to help him to clean up after himself. Which is why he doesn't have it right now.
Though I cannot say for certain this relates directly to the Laundrie's truck camper, RV's - of all types -are (and have been) in high demand. There are waitiung lists as long as a year +/- for some. So, it's not too much of a stretch of possibility that the truck camper was ordered months ago... even back into 2020.

This is in the southwest corner of the park. It showed a big piece of equipment mowing down tree for a minute or two right before this. We had two live feeds that both cut their audio then a minute later their video and now no lives to find anywhere. It was nbc and wfla. Now no one shows it the airspace. Same area they did a tight grid search last night. This pic is from last night

Maybe used electronic surveillance.

What Are Stingrays and Dirtboxes?

Stingray is the generic name for an electronic surveillance tool that simulates a cell phone tower in order to force mobile phones and other devices to connect to it instead of to a legitimate cell tower. In doing so, the phone or other device reveals information about itself and its user to the operator of the stingray. Other common names for the tool are “cell-site simulator” and “IMSI catcher.”

This manhunt reminds me of Eric Rudolph, the Olympic Park bomber. LE searched for him for years using all the advanced technology available to him. Eventually he was found, 5 years later, while dumpster diving. Rudolph did have military training however, and grew up in the mountains, so he did have some advantages that BL does not. But that case does show how hard it can be, even with advanced technology, to find someone who doesn't want to be found. Rudolph also didn't live completely off the land as he did steal from mountain cabins and dumpster dive at times.

Remember though, our tech is better now... light years better.

In the body cam footage Brian seemed to indicate the attention their fight outside the cafe drew had bothered / embarrassed him. That seemed to be his primary motivation for wanting to calm her down while it was happening. If they fought, he did not want it to be so public.

He came across as “the calm guy”, a character depiction that’s been (and continues to be) a major point of contention throughout these threads, as many argued the cool collected togetherness he displayed is an act typically mastered by manipulative abusers.

Now, maybe it’s just me but THAT version of Brian, mastered act or not, greatly contradicts with the temper tantrum throwing madman narrative being touted as of late.

So which is it?

The Brian in the body cam footage who was understandably embarrassed to have had eyes on them (or as abuse claimers have put it, an aversion to being outed as an abuser) while fighting OR the “Brian” who allegedly stomps in and out of a busy restaurant in the midst of a temper tantrum (and for what?!) making a full-on public spectacle of himself?

Because given what we’ve SEEN and what we KNOW to be true it’s not conceivable for him to be both of these people in my opinion.

/JMO

Last edited:
Swamp buggy heading out.

tvvBL2ccFjTv89kq.jpg

Drone up.
https://twitter.com/JoshTaylorPIO
Search Continues For Gabby Petito's Fiancé Brian Laundrie In Florida's Vast Carlton Reserve

if you are talking about here in Florida, what ice?
I said, I have been near where he is supposedly at now in Florida. I was saying the most difficult place in this whole country I've ever been on my trips is South Carolina in the area the locals call the PEE DEE. in my opinion, its so difficult because on Monday the weather is 95° and humid just like every other place in the south including Florida but then Tuesday its 31° with ice, then Wednesday its 87° humid.

I'm bringing this over from the last thread

This case is Federal and will be prosecuted as such. Florida laws do not apply. The Feds are notorious for pursuing Obstruction of Justice charges. You don't lie, mislead, withhold, tamper, or obstruct a Federal investigation.

I once was a bookkeeper for a business owner who ran afoul of the Feds. The business was raided and we were all handcuffed and taken out of the building. I was read my rights and also had it explained what would happen if I was not forthcoming. I would get 10 years in prison. Turns out I didn't have much info. Don't lie to the Feds!

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

Holy smokes, SuzieQ! They really do not fool around, do they? I hope Mr and Mrs Laundrie keep this in mind-and remember that Martha Stewart got locked up for 1 lie to the feds. I think it was only for 3 months, but it cost her a lot, and she did not want to be there.

genius point...Is one who does not even realize the LE are searching for them, then become someone who is on the lam? You come out of the rock you have been living under and be like 'you were looking for me? i had no clue, i couldn't even hear those choppers with my spotify playlist going'.
I'd love a LE or legal perspective on this one.
Pretend Amnesia won't help him now!

People do get lost or go missing without knowing someone is searching, but clearly there is consciousness of guilt on the part of Brian Laundrie. He knows he came home without Gabby and ran away without reporting her missing. And she's dead now.

I don't think we know either of those things. But I see it as highly likely that afterwards they were together in the hotel moo
This case is insane, nobody knows anything about either one of them tbh…all these people coming out saying they gave him a ride etc is there proof?? The only proof we have is the YouTubers who found their van!

OK, dumb question maybe, but....don't most people have a spare key to their car? She left on a road trip with only one car key?
I think he controlled her van. That was a big part of his masculinity by that time, detecting her weak points to control the show, make her fail or at least not rise above him. He even could have done something mechanical to her van to make sure she stayed put. He wouldn't have cared how much it cost her.

Hey guys, good morning, so I've been thinking of the speeding/DV video. Putting aside LE needing more training in DV, I wonder how anyone could not spend more time with a young, extremely upset person. The one police officer kept asking Gabbie if BL hit her, then asking did he slap you. The whole time Gabbie, while crying, out of control tells the officer, as well as showing him where and how BL abused her. I do believe there was some physical abuse, but I believe the majority abuse from BL towards Gabbie was verbal.
I'm really not understanding how that testimony didn't get recorded in the police report. She not only described his abuse to police, she was crying hysterically when she conveyed that info. How is it possible to conclude from that questioning process and scenario, that she was the abuser? She had marks on her face that were visible and attracted comment by another officer or park employee present. He had marks on him as well. He also had confessed to grabbing her and shoving her, and witness(es?) had described seeing him hit her.

I don't understand how, from all of that, a conclusion could be reached, that Brian needed to go to a shelter for abused partners, while G was described as the "aggressor". I guess her crying was written up as a "mental health crisis", not a reaction to abuse? Not a reaction to being terrified of being abandoned and having her car stolen from her? Not a reaction to being overwhelmed by being stopped by police and questioned about domestic violence witnessed in public? Was it deemed a "mental health crisis" because he told police she was crazy? WTH?!

The eye witness stated that she wanted to clarify that he wasn't yelling. He was upset and talking to the hostess but not yelling. Blow up means different things to different people.

I agree. Witnesses can also add things emotion to a situation because of their own opinions or bias in a situation. I like to look at the factual statements of behavior, not necessarily what a witness assumes was actually going on. Without the statements of the restaurant staff we really don’t know what happened there and what the reason for GP’s reactions or BL’s reactions on scene.

Is the camper still on the truck? If not, where is the camper? I swear I saw a video of the truck and it did not have a camper.
it is pulled up under a carport type structure tor RHS of house I believe. This will be an accessory sold for oldies etc who have no show of lifting it on. It will have pulley blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time