Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree even if I've never been to either place. Just the word Swamp invokes fear and danger without even knowing what kind of wildlife resides in those swamps.

The one they are presently searching seems dangerous to me. How could BL protect himself from physical attacks there. It doesn't feel like a long term plan, IMO.
oh its not a long term plan, most dont realize that not only would he have to watch out for gators and snakes, there is also poison oak and ivy and summack then with the ground being wet ants clinging to everything and feet fungas from you feet being wet and not being able to build a fire to dry them, mosquitoes, gnats, hornets and my most feared......piney wood rooters!!!

First post on this matter. I am very sorry about what happened to Gabby and hope that her family can heal from this loss as best they can.

===============

Who said that BL returned to FL temporarily and then returned to SLC from where he and Gabby traveled on?

Can anyone verify with reasonable certainty that his return to FL actually occurred?

I am not sure at what temps FLIR effectiveness becomes limited. I have not checked, so, does anyone know if they are using FLIR at night?

I wonder this too. The lows overnight have been 73• and from what I understand about FLIR, that's cool enough to be able to use thermal imaging. I would assume they're using it. I haven't heard it reported though - if they aren't, I think they're missing a good opportunity, although I've read about cases where suspects did things like cover themselves with mud (eww) and then they keep moistening themselves (eww). Some people think using a tarp or thermal blanket will disguise them as well (there's a lot of dense foliage, maybe that makes it difficult as well?)

I don't know if you saw because I edited my post after you liked it, but here's the video. It's 4 minutes in where he says it was "Saturday night." I believe this interview was September 15th.

THANK YOU! I about drove myself crazy yesterday looking for this. So unless he misspoke, they (the parents at least) were definitely there Saturday night (11th).

Am I correct in saying that from August 12th, when GP and BL were separated to August 17th, when BL flew home, there are no sightings or info on either of them or the white van? Trying to get this straight in my head.

I am assuming the LE has sightings of him and/or the van since the Moab police stated there is no connection between them and the murders there. Since they haven't named someone else as the murderer, they must have irrefutable proof of his location.

Yeah, I found those. But could the Laundries have not been there at the time? Returning later on the 12th and then deferring to the attorney?

ETA: The link stated late Saturday into Sunday…so the 11th/12th. It’s on the first page of the Media thread.

Oh, what's interesting for me is that I don't think he was even there. I don't think the police ever talked to Brian not even one time according to how the police explain things.

I am not even sure they let the police in the house. The police said the parents wouldn't make Brian "available." Instead, they gave them the attorney information.

I do believe a neighbor said, though, that she saw him after that date. Don't quote me, but I think I saw that. That neighbor in purple, I want to say? Again, I'm not sure about that.

Great points, especially about Europe! It's just not possible to run away that easily right now.

Even Mexico - I know someone who was planning a trip to Cancun earlier this year but they had to be tested for Covid19 before the airline would let them on. She ended up in quarantine for over a week because her boyfriend tested positive. You can't just fly into Mexico right now as many people are assuming.

Also we don't even know if BL had a passport. My son had to get one to go on a Caribbean Cruise and it took weeks to get here.

Someone in a high-profile FBI case would need a fake passport to stay hidden, even on an island. BL doesn't strike me as a mastermind enough to hide that long.

I flew to Cancun and didn't have to do any testing.. nothing out of the ordinary except for wearing a mask on the plane. Coming back, I had to have a negative Covid test to get on plane to fly home to NC.

oh its not a long term plan, most dont realize that not only would he have to watch out for gators and snakes, there is also poison oak and ivy and summack then with the ground being wet ants clinging to everything and feet fungas from you feet being wet and not being able to build a fire to dry them, mosquitoes, gnats, hornets and my most feared......piney wood rooters!!!

I agree about this not being a long term plan if indeed, he's in hiding out in the wilderness.

Right - but how would NG and JW know the manner of death? I can't imagine the FBI sharing the information with anyone who didn't need to know... especially TV personalities. Seems odd.
I've watched JW a lot through the decades. I've always sensed that JW is given info that is not given to others. I really can't state anything specific. Just a sense of things that I've always felt.

You could easily capture rainwater and use tablets or a lifestraw for drinking. It probably rains an inch a day out there in general.

This I agree with. He likely has a tent and a hammock, could have a backpack full of nutrient dense protein bars and a way to collect rainwater. It would be uncomfortable, but not deadly (short of wildlife interaction). I live about 10 minutes away. The afternoon rains nearly every day actually cool the air a bit. Nights have been in the high 70s, low 80s. That being said, if he is alive right now I hope he is MISERABLE. I do hope they catch him. I really felt like yesterday was the day. Now, I really don't think he is out there and all the LE are just having a great time on their training exercise.
MOO
Since most people have never been in a survival situation, they overestimated the difficulty of surviving. It's not only how we lived for the majority of our life but every cell in your body pushes you forward towards survival. You will adapt and overcome easily in my opinion.

This seems so strange. Maybe he isn't a suspect but a person of interest. Maybe time of death indicates that he abandoned her but didn't kill her. I am so confused at the mustang being returned. Surely its evidence of him fleeing or something. I guess it could depend on who it is registered to. It may be registerred to a his parents, and he just drove it so had to be returned.

Your statement is exactly why I am concerned he could get away with her murder and make no mistake: I believe he killed her and her death has been ruled a homicide. We don't know he cause of death what evidence the killer left behind but his argument (if he didn't kill himself) at trial will be that they had an argument and he left her, and when he left her she was fine. Ask yourself this question- if that was true, why wouldn't he tell the police that very story- but no, he didn't talk to the police - because he is hiding the truth and now he is running (which equal consciousness of guilt).

Right... so did LE really pay a visit on the 10th, as the OP said? If so, why did they go over to the Laundrie's house on the 10th?
I have no source, but I remember reading there was something related to gabby’s dad that happened there on the 10 th. Details were not released to public. I think it may even be in the timeline at beginning of thread

How many parents of young daughters are sitting down with them, following this story and warning them about the pitfalls of committing themselves totally to the happiness of lonely men?
How many parents are warning them that becoming isolated from the ones you love by your boyfriend is a form of psychological violence?
How many parents are looking at their fun-loving, generous of spirit, a little naive, full of curiosity, willing to please, trying to fit in, trying to live their dream daughters - with horror, because all it takes to lose her is trusting one astute, convincing, self-absorbed, charming monster with her heart.
It's the "willing to please" that's the kicker. Mothers have to stop raising their daughters to be "pleasing" and "nice". That programming puts them at risk. Everyone should be raised to be courteous, but also to be able to draw boundaries and have limits, and to recognize red flags. Too many women are psychologically hobbled by this "be nice" thing.

The fact he has gone into hiding and fled speaks volumes, he also would not speak about her disappearance. If there had been an accident, surely he would have been cooperative with LE and spoken to them. It was Gabby’s mother who reported her missing wasn’t it? His actions speak volumes.

Also, unless I've missed it ( completely possible) we haven't speculated about the way her body was left which I think is very important when considering his state of mind and actions. It has been reported I think that whomever killed Gabby made no attempt to bury her and left her exposed to the elements. I'm sure there are experienced profilers on here, but to me this is significant. Any one wish to chime in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member