Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.

Do we know that this is how they feel?
I've seen no direct statement from them or on their behalf other than the clipped condolences.
I think we might be making assumptions here.
I doubt they would have reported him missing if they weren't concerned for his safety. Why bring more attention to themselves if they didn't have to?

Its really not that difficult. You would be surprised at how fast you adapt and overcome. You can also go without food/water longer than most people believe, also. Unfortunately, there is a lot of litter and trash in the woods but you can use that stuff for survival. Most people could easily survive especially with some anxiety to push them towards survival.

I wonder how many episodes of “Naked and Afraid” he’s watched?

Speaking of camping on the Appalachian Trail. I had asked this question a few days ago. Thanks to everyone who answered. ( I only knew about Appalachian quilts) I was very surprised to learn the Appalachian Trail went thru fourteen states. I also read there are parts where you can camp. Now reading that BL has camped there before, I do believe that's where he is. If he's there, I believe he'll be found.

They have about 100 cameras on them. How are they meant to act? They look upset, oh they are faking it, they look too normal, they are monsters. What are they meant to do, starve. They are probably in shock. Even if they did cover up (in my opinion Im not convinced) they would still be shocked at what is happening. They would also be grieving for Gabby and for the loss of their son and their lives, their daughters, their nephews.

Obviously I haven’t been in their shoes, but I just feel as though I would have done things a lot differently. Specifically, not leaving my house, among a multitude of other things.

Everything they have done/haven’t done speaks volumes to me. I just can’t figure out what it is. They either know where he is and that he’s fine (odd considering his girlfriend/fiancée was murdered). Or they don’t care? I’m not sure. Something is off about them and their response to everything that has happened.

I have never been to that Preserve, so I can't speak to it specifically, but I am a Louisianian and am familiar with alligator habits. They typically stick to the water and will not bother you if you are walking on land or even swimming in the vicinity. The small to medium sized ones will leave you alone. It takes a very large alligator to view a living adult human as a food source. As referenced above, they can't really chew up large things so they death roll to remove parts and will also stash you in the water for a while to let you soften up. That being said, right after hurricane Ida an adult man in Slidell, LA was killed and eaten by a 12' alligator that snatched him right off of his back porch... but that is the only instance I know of regarding a human being eaten by an alligator.

If you have a small dog I would not bring it. Alligators will definitely try to eat your dog if the dog gets close enough to the water. They can shoot out of the water very quickly without you even knowing they were stalking you.
Bama girl here and the bigger problem, after a rainstorm, was the snakes. Gators weren't something we worried about.

I doubt they would have reported him missing if they weren't concerned for his safety. Why bring more attention to themselves if they didn't have to?

Because they don't want to get an obstruction charge. So they can say they weren't doing anything to help him go on the run. "Look, we actually reported it....days late..."

Many can do that because their violence toward women is based on dominance, not the more visual violently angry person that wants to fight anything in sight when they get mad. My mom's ex-boyfriend (now dead, may he rot in hell) was selling at her (and maybe slapping her, it was hard to tell) while my fiancé and I was sleeping upstairs. He went quiet when he heard me coming down the stairs and even after I whacked him in the back of the head as I went by he still sat mouse still. Its hard to give someone their come-uppence when they play the statue in front of someone they can't overpower. Its why they keep it so secret and learn not to show it.

JB's been sent a bracelet by someone connected to Gabby, he can't specify who, but they have sent bracelets and they really want to get #justiceforgabby
They don't want people to forget about her during this hunt for Brian. I think the bracelets are the teal colour I've seen people putting around her home area.

ETA details

The conversation right now on WFLA by JB & Walt is so moving. Long story short, the were sent a package, they won't say from who but sounds like from GP family possibly. The package includes bracelets for them to wear to symbolize Gabby, thanking them for their compassion in their coverage and encouraging all those around the world to remember not this part of the case, or the videos that are being run, but who Gabby was and how she lived her life. Unbelievable.

ETA link

Many can do that because their violence toward women is based on dominance, not the more visual violently angry person that wants to fight anything in sight when they get mad. My mom's ex-boyfriend (not dead, may he rot in hell) was selling at her (and maybe slapping her, it was hard to tell) while my fiancé and I was sleeping upstairs. He went quiet when he heard me coming down the stairs and even after I whacked him in the back of the head as I went by he still sat mouse still. Its hard to give someone their come-uppence when they play the statue in front of someone they can't overpower. Its why they keep it so secret and learn not to show it.

It's all very calculated.

QUESTION: If they find BL alive and he remains a POI do they simply drop him off back at home? Can he & his parents avoid communicating with LE and continue to say, "talk to our lawyer"?
Excellent question! I wondered this too! Are they finding him for his parents since they reported him missing or are they finding him because he is a POI? Would they be searching if his parents didn't report him missing??

In the body cam footage Brian seemed to indicate the attention their fight outside the cafe drew had bothered / embarrassed him. That seemed to be his primary motivation for wanting to calm her down while it was happening. If they fought, he did not want it to be so public.

He came across as “the calm guy”, a character depiction that’s been (and continues to be) a major point of contention throughout these threads, as many argued the cool collected togetherness he displayed is an act typically mastered by manipulative abusers.

Now, maybe it’s just me but THAT version of Brian, mastered act or not, greatly contradicts with the temper tantrum throwing madman narrative being touted as of late.

So which is it?

The Brian in the body cam footage who was understandably embarrassed to have had eyes on them (or as abuse claimers have put it, an aversion to being outed as an abuser) while fighting OR the “Brian” who allegedly stomps in and out of a busy restaurant in the midst of a temper tantrum (and for what?!) making a full-on public spectacle of himself?

Because given what we’ve SEEN and what we KNOW to be true it’s not conceivable for him to be both of these people in my opinion.

/JMO

I think you're being too black and white about mental health issues. There are just so many conditions that result in this Jekyll/Hyde behavior. Brian is not two different people, he's a person with many sides to himself.

I don't know Brian, but I have had temper tantrum-throwing (adult) students over the years, who were otherwise calm, even meek, until they weren't.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll admit I don't what it's like during this time of the year, but in the fall with the cool dry weather and the leaves turning, it's not a desolate area!

exactly. I live somewhere some might consider remote (it isn’t) and even far off trails are busy. During the fall we are PACKED with people leaf-peeping. It’s also hunting season is many, many wilderness areas. This means you have hikers AND hunters out and about in “remote” areas. Many trials wouldn’t be ideal hiding spots right now. He would have really had to adventure far, far out. I still believe he’s in the reserve, dead, but I hope for Gabby’s sake he’s found and will eventually give them the answers they deserve.

Thread is getting full and will close in 5 mins. Watch for a link to the new thread.

OK, dumb question maybe, but....don't most people have a spare key to their car? She left on a road trip with only one car key?

I have never taken a spare car key on a road trip. It never would have dawned on me to do that. The spare key is safe at home so I don’t lose it. If I needed it someone could overnight it to me. I don’t think most people take spare keys with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13