Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrying this over from previous thread -- I was too s-l-o-w getting it out there...

Good morning, friends! First-time poster but been hanging out on the Vallow-Daybell forum since that story first broke. Sharing a story from our local news as it gives some insight into GP's personality. She seems like a lovely person. Gabby Petito once lived in Wilmington; friends share memories - WWAY TV (wwaytv3.com)
Thanks to you for your touching piece about Gabby. I didn't know that she had lived in Wilmington/Carolina Beach. I'm very familiar with that area! We surely have lost a great ray of sunshine now that she is gone.

Welcome to Websleuths,
sammi90 !!

We have Panthers and wild Boar along with red ants that are worse than gators. The rain has been intense! The heat is scorching
Did he go there to hide or to die?
Imo, he knew when he came back to FL, that life as he knew it was over. If BL truly went to the reserve, I think it's possible he went there to hide, but was also prepared to die. Maybe he fully believed he could survive in there, but didn't. Or figured if it came down to it, he'd kill himself to avoid arrest or misery. Maybe he sees this whole thing as a challenge. It's anyone guess.

But I also think he was spiraling before GP's death. We know nothing of his mindset since. Who knows what he might do.

JB on WFLA is talking about why they aren't offering a reward yet. I'm thinking maybe they have received TOO many good tips? Would the RV couple and Mexican Restaurant couple be eligible if they provided information that led to an arrest or conviction (like many rewards are phrased)? I don't know!

I think right now if any reward were to be offered, it should be for finding BL. Like where is he?

Hi friends, long time no see. Had to come to check in here to see what WS was saying. I can't help but feel frustrated about how hidden his parents have been. If they drove him somewhere, a trail or a reserve or wherever, I'm sure they had to buy supplies, but there's no way to check camera footage at any local (or nonlocal) stores if we have no clue what these two look like..... I've seen the grainy photos from the front yard but I really feel like LE needs to make some moves and implicate them if they expect to find him. My belief is he's alive camping somewhere, and I can't wait until they catch him and bring justice for Gabby. The other alternative makes me angry just thinking of it. MOO.

My unsolicited theory. Im going to skip speculation on her death, as no idea what happened. I lean towards unintentionally going to far, only because if it was planned, I don't think he would have returned home. I think he would have fled then before anyone was suspicious, but who knows.

Because I like to think he comes from a normal, non-mastermind family this is my theory of what transpired.

He comes home and spins a story of why she is not with him. Based on him being home only a few weeks prior, I assume they knew the relationship was rocky. And they believe him cause it is their kid, why not believe him. Then the pressure mounts.

Run in with a very anxious step father on the 10th, parents decide to get a lawyer cause they think “oh crap something happened after my son left her” or “crap he did something”. pressure mounts more, Gabby reported missing, van taken away on 10th/11th, protesters and media start coming to the house. Constant calls from Gabby’s family, media. They decide to go on a family camping trip to escape it on the 11th or abouts( this has been confirmed as the wknd).

Or they are suspicious and think lets get him out of frenzy and get the real story. On the camping trip he confesses to what happened and they decide as a family, you have to turn yourself in. Its agreed they come back from the trip all ready to turn himself in, he chickens out and flees. They then give him a day or 2 to come to his senses, he never returns, they then call the FBI. Alert he is missing. Gabby's body is then found, and police get warrant for their house.

It is very telling that they were there inside for the search. So either the warrant was just for BL and Gabby’s things and they needed help to identify what was what, or they may have been helping. Another interesting thing is that no lawyer rocked up to the house. At this point the NY lawyer would be amiss to not recommend local and more experienced criminal defence lawyer. So a family very quick to get a lawyer, doesn’t get one for the search? I have a feeling maybe his parents are just as shocked, and upset and in disbelief and maybe just misguided at first, but actually helping LE now . I think he told his parents he would be at the reserve, and he drove the mustang there himself. Whether he is there is another matter. JMO

Last edited:
Not sure if this was posted.

Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in the 25,000-acre nature reserve | Daily Mail Online

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in 25,000-acre Florida nature reserve as Gabby Petito's best friend reveals he's gone off the grid before and lived in the Appalachians by himself: Manhunt enters fifth day

I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he's skilled at it,' said Rose Davis, best friend of Gabby Petito, whose body was found Sunday in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.

'He and Gabby both told me stories about it,' Rose added in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com. 'And you could see the enthusiasm in his voice when he would talk about his adventures by himself like that trip into the Appalachians,' a trail stretching more than 2,000 miles from Georgia to Maine.

“The Moab City Police Department has clear standards for officer conduct during a possible domestic dispute and our officers are trained to follow those standards and protocol," the city said. "At this time, the City of Moab is unaware of any breach of Police Department policy during this incident. However, the City will conduct a formal investigation and, based on the results, will take any next steps that may be appropriate.”
Moab will investigate police's response to Gabby Petito and her fiancé's domestic dispute - CNN
Sounded to me like there may have been some communication issues with Moab police and the state police. I read somewhere that a Chris called in the incident and someone named Chris also wrote a statement, but because it was called into one station and the written statement was given to another station, they couldn't confirm if it was the same Chris. Made me wonder if the attending officers were getting only half of the information.

Just a note about our timeline - the days of September 2-4 and September 9-12 have multiple reports by neighbors about when the family went "camping". We do know Gabby's Van was seized from the home on September 11 and LE made an attempt to speak with BL.

I'm working on gathering all these reports today.

JB on WFLA is talking about why they aren't offering a reward yet. I'm thinking maybe they have received TOO many good tips? Would the RV couple and Mexican Restaurant couple be eligible if they provided information that led to an arrest or conviction (like many rewards are phrased)? I don't know!

Good question on the reward. Honestly, I hadn’t even thought about that. I’m wondering if a reward for information leading to BL would be helpful.

“In conversation about hiking … Brian talked about the longest time that he spent in the woods was 6 weeks and bragged about only having a large pack of either cheese or peanut butter crackers to sustain him for that time,” the source told The Post in a text.
Brian Laundrie 'well versed' in surviving in the wilderness

It's all very calculated.

I do think that for some people, the abusive behavior comes from a pervasive set of personality traits and they don't have to think about it much. There's not a lot going on in their brains (like planning), but they have a strong natural tendency to dominant or even predate. We are 99% the same genetically as other primates and very similar to other mammals, and well, some H. sapiens have a strong predatory streak, even more have an in-built drive toward some form of dominance.

Top that off with a family where other members have the same tendencies, and the switches and dials in the brain that are set up in the first few years of life are turned up to 11 for dominance. Interestingly, in very traditional families (not sure how many of those are left), a very dominant father may focus almost completely on dominating his sons (especially the eldest son), which has a trickle down effect for the rest of the family, so in that sense, we can see the traits "skipping" generations. Otherwise, it's "fruit doesn't fall far from the tree" as we see here all the time.

Though I cannot say for certain this relates directly to the Laundrie's truck camper, RV's - of all types -are (and have been) in high demand. There are waitiung lists as long as a year +/- for some. So, it's not too much of a stretch of possibility that the truck camper was ordered months ago... even back into 2020.

Or that it's used. It didn't look brand new to me, but I can't say exactly why I say that. My parents had an almost identical one way back in the day, so I'm probably biased.

At any rate, it's concerning that it is once again gone from the driveway, per the tweet posted by @MassGuy on p 37 of the previous thread #28 (I think I got that right).

I have an entire den of coyotes about 50 yards from my back door.
I've lived here for over a decade.
I also have a 7lb miniature dachshund and they run like heck from her. Legitimately terrified.
I have birds of prey that are more keenly interested in eating her (she's learned to run under something when she sees them circling).
People are really afraid of wild animals but you'd be hard pressed to find any wild animal that is just randomly attacking humans. Yes, incidents happen but they are VERY RARE.

27 fatal puma attacks in 100 years in the US
2 recorded coyote deaths of humans in the US and Canada
23 -27 (depending on your source) alligator deaths in FL in over 70 years
0 Black bear deaths in FL recorded
Only 5 people die from venomous snakes in the US yearly
(now without medical care one could argue that BL would be at heightened risk should he be one of the 7-8k bitten in the US every year but anyone with any outdoor skills knows how to avoid becoming a snake bite victim)

I would agree that it's pretty unlikely - but if BL is out in the wild somewhere on the run, his chances are certainly higher. I think it's like when you hear people quote shark attack statistics and say how unlikely it is... it is... but it's far more likely if you're surfing in waters that sharks inhabit vs. chilling on your porch in Iowa.

#BREAKING The City of Moab releases statement saying they’re investigating how officers responded to #GabbyPetito and #BrianLaundrie fight Aug. 12

BF6CB39F-849A-43BC-96BB-A4D55B1C0AD0.jpeg
https://twitter.com/morganwolfeksl/status/1441084648159793155?s=21

"At this time, the City of Moab is unaware of any breach of Police Department policy during this incident. However, the City will conduct a formal investigation and, based on the results, will take any next steps that may be appropriate."

@moabpolice

https://twitter.com/morganwolfeksl/status/1441085131536535552?s=21

I was watching him as well and he highlighted a viewer’s question which I thought was a good one: why wasn’t the camper towed to search for evidence? (Based on the neighbours’ reports that BL and his parents left with the camper for three days after BL returned home.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme