Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, not a lawyer.

It might be hard to place him with her at the time of death which is an estimate and not exact. We do not not how she was killed or if an object was used that could be tied to him.

Without a confession or other hard evidence, it sounds like a tough case. He is still a POI and not a suspect. That does not indicate guilt or innosense but it may indicate what facts are currently available.
I don't think this will be a hard case at all. I think it will be a fairly easy case. I've seen cases with a lot less evidence result in conviction, and we probably haven't seen much of the evidence they have already. JMO.

It's my understanding LE is following them in unmarked cars. At this time I'm not posting the source cause the last post where I linked a Twitter account with info to back my post got deleted :( & I don't want to pull another boo boo. I'll just say this... The "tail" info came from a dedicated reported who's been staked out at Brian's house.

Could they face criminal charges in Florida too? I know the murder of Gabby is federal so is everything after the fact federal or could they also face state charges if are obstructing justice or lying about their child being missing? Sorry if that is a stupid question. If he isn’t in that reserve and they know that, it’s wasting man hours, putting people at risk and I can’t imagine the search is good for the land (wasn’t he against plastic bottles?).

First, I apologize for the hanger on posts. I can't seem to get rid of them today. Lol.

It appears they are exempt from state charges as they are blood relatives. Reminds me of a Florida child killer. God bless that little girl, her name escapes me. The killers sister lied about him living with her and it was later found out that he was and the little girl was raped and murdered in his room. She couldn't be charged.

From the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Wyoming:

The United States Attorney’s Office prosecutes offenses in the National Parks and in other federal enclaves in the District of Wyoming, including Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, the Medicine Bow National Forest, Shoshone National Forest, Bridger-Teton National Forest, the National Elk Refuge, F.E. Warren Air Force Base, etc.

Violations In Yellowstone And Grand Teton National Parks And In Other Federal Enclaves

Can federal agents tell people they can't leave the country without charging them with a crime?

As it happens, I am an attorney and I practice federal law almost exclusively. You can read the statute yourself. 18 U.S.C. 2 covers aiding & abetting a federal crime and 18 U.S.C. 3 covers acting as an accessory after the fact related to a federal crime. If you do the acts described below (assisting someone who committed a federal crime) with the mindset described below (knowingly), you have violated a federal statute.

18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact

Whoever, knowing that an offense against the United States has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Except as otherwise expressly provided by any Act of Congress, an accessory after the fact shall be imprisoned not more than one-half the maximum term of imprisonment or (notwithstanding section 3571) fined not more than one-half the maximum fine prescribed for the punishment of the principal, or both; or if the principal is punishable by life imprisonment or death, the accessory shall be imprisoned not more than 15 years.

18 U.S. Code § 3 - Accessory after the fact

Thank you, again !!! Its always so lovely when you are on a thread. I learn so much and it's nice to have the facts :)

MOO

I truly appreciate the passion and vehemence of those who believe BL was an abuser. It wasn’t all that long ago when “marital rape” was considered an oxymoron. And women still suffer at the hands of men every day due to toxic masculinity.

Consider though, that there are those of us who have an alternative read on the same facts that we have at our disposal here. Imagine, for example, that BL had some sort of disability. He did, after all, have an autism-related book on his Pinterest. Perhaps one of his coping mechanisms was separating himself from some stressor, like over-stimulation, frustration about a schedule conflict, or increasing demands with regard to masking for SM purposes? But during the Moab incident, he needs to get away to calm himself. He suggests this to GP, but she doesn’t want to take a walk. He doesn’t want to leave her with the keys, so he tries to take them. A scuffle ensues.

I want DV to end, too. But I also want there to be more awareness about invisible disabilities. And when I hear the attacks on BL because of his “weirdness,” it stings, you know?

I have no doubt that BL killed GP, though we have yet to have that confirmed. But I think there are alternative interpretations of the facts we know about leading up to her death and after. I may be wrong. The fact is that I’ve only found one other person publicly talking about this possibility, and that person is…eccentric. I do hope that at least some of us can do it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme