Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the question is where is the evidence/confirmation of the "SEP 1:"?

All I can find are mentions of failed attempts to reach BL and his parents (and getting no response) on Sep. 10th. There may be a mistake in the posted timeline.

NPPD has the time.the.van.exited the interstate by tag.reader
The exit is.10 min from.his house

"If the parents lawyered up very early on and they haven't really made any statements other than to friends prior to this becoming an investigation [into] Brian Laundrie, then it may be kind of tricky. It may be difficult because I'm not sure what crime they committed," Ajay Pallegar, managing attorney at Pallegar Law in Tampa, Florida, told Fox News.
Arresting Brian Laundrie's parents 'could be tricky' if no further evidence presented

I wonder if a 2nd key to the van was found with Gabby’s body. If not, BL can’t say she was killed when he left her and the van and went on the hike and then tried to pay $200.00 to hitchhike back. Gabby would NOT have left that van, alone and without a key to it with her. So if there was no key on Gabby’s person when she was found, he either found her body after his “hike” and removed the key or he killed her before he left to go and “hike”, with the hopes of creating an alibi and thinking someone else would find her. (Regardless there should have been 2 keys sold w/that van and both Brian and Gabby “should have” had one on them at all times. FBI needs to find out if she got 2 keys with purchase of the van and locate both for evidence) JMO but I’m totally hung up on her high anxiety over being ‘left, or locked out, etc’. This Old Grand-momma with similar anxiety issues wouldn’t have gone a mile down the road without a 2nd key in my pocket for the entire trip! Heck, I take both keys everywhere I go, keeping them in 2 separate places. (Posted similar thoughts at end of previous thread but wanted to add to it and get your thoughts!)
Thank you for sharing this.

Because depending on the autopsy, they may not have enough evidence without him incriminating himself. Unless they can establish time of death and manner of death. It could be hard to nail him beyond reasonable doubt.

Not a lawyer

Same here, not a lawyer.

It might be hard to place him with her at the time of death which is an estimate and not exact. We do not not how she was killed or if an object was used that could be tied to him.

Without a confession or other hard evidence, it sounds like a tough case. He is still a POI and not a suspect. That does not indicate guilt or innosense but it may indicate what facts are currently available.

I think the question is where is the evidence/confirmation of the "SEP 1:"?

All I can find are mentions of failed attempts to reach BL and his parents (and getting no response) on Sep. 10th. There may be a mistake in the posted timeline.

NPPD has the time.the.van.exited the interstate by tag.reader
The exit is.10 min from.his house
I always notice Mrs Laundrie has some kind of cast, support on her right arm.
Makes me wonder if Brian hurt her or some kind of altercation.
You can't be serious?

Sounds like you have a scary little dachshund. LOL
OK so if Brian is in the nature reserve and his friend is saying he could survive there for months, then what? He'll either need help to live there longer, or to come out of hiding at that point. He can't live in the nature reserve for the rest of his life. LE *will* get him eventually. He will not escape, no matter where he's hiding. Maybe the friend is just telling everyone to be patient.
I just don't know why they are spending so much time and money searching that nature reserve because I don't think he's in there.

She is really really yappy (even worse as she gets older)
I also don't think he's in the reserve just think he could survive in just about any wilderness area and people are blowing the "wildlife threat" way out of proportion.

I honestly think the parents either took him somewhere else to hide out (be that another wilderness area or a rental home, family home, etc) OR he's out of the country.

That does appear like a lack of compassion and it could be.

It also could be many other things that we do not know about.

It is how you want to paint the picture based on your interpretation. You may be correct on how you see it.

Well, I suppose it centres around compassion for the victim, primarily, that is my understanding of 'victim friendly'. We are very protective of our victims, that's plain simple heart energy and there's a lot of it here.

I found myself , yesterday, I think, flaring up inside because I thought somebody was claiming one of her belongings and I just was not having it! It is HERS and YOU WILL NOT HAVE IT-and I do not give a monkeys about well qualified you are as a lawyer, you're still not getting it. Fight me! (I didn't post that but I went after it like a rabid dog.
You know?

In truth they are probably ALL deserving of compassion.
They are ALL victims too.
The difference is that the first victim is dead 'cos homicide and she's the only one that has no voice here.
So she gets all we have because we believe her worthy of our efforts.

And 'The law Is An *advertiser censored*'

Imo, he knew when he came back to FL, that life as he knew it was over. If BL truly went to the reserve, I think it's possible he went there to hide, but was also prepared to die. Maybe he fully believed he could survive in there, but didn't. Or figured if it came down to it, he'd kill himself to avoid arrest or misery. Maybe he sees this whole thing as a challenge. It's anyone guess.

But I also think he was spiraling before GP's death. We know nothing of his mindset since. Who knows what he might do.

If he could do what we think he did, he's in a mindset that we can't really understand. He might be capable of anything. I don't think a person who can murder someone has a normal brain that operates in a way we can really understand. The first place I go to try to explain his "mindset" is that he's severely ill. But people do murder people every day who are not mentally ill, they are just different than most people and lack empathy. So he might have a very strong self-preservation instinct that is driving him, and thinking only of himself, lacking empathy for others. I think this is why he's been described as dangerous.

He doesn't understand a simple fact, the public will never stop looking for him, and neither will LE. He will not outlast this and disappear successfully. He needs to turn himself in, if he's still alive.

They didn’t answer her texts expressing worries about the couple’s whereabouts while camping because… why? How does that possibly excuse this? And did the sister go as well? She wasn’t answering either..
They may not have had service. Though I doubt that is the reason. This is a real sticking point because the optics alone here are terrible. Parents of a young woman asking where she is when she had been on this cross country wilderness trek, and she was left alone without van and her family have no idea where she is and have had no contact? How can anyone not realize that was a very dangerous situation for Gabby?

Just a thought that BL could be hiding out in a storage unit somewhere. People hide out in their storage units all the time, if the weather is not too hot or cold. You can rent one, on site, after hours and not have to see anyone thru a digital unit at the newer storage places. Of course, the storage places have cameras but if he stays inside, out of sight he could stay there unnoticed. At least in my state (WV) you can.

I'm trying to keep up, and I may have missed it. Has anyone said where BL and his parents went on their camping trip in his parents camper?

Nope, we don't even have a handle on when they went or if they went at all.

Same here, not a lawyer.

It might be hard to place him with her at the time of death which is an estimate and not exact. We do not not how she was killed or if an object was used that could be tied to him.

Without a confession or other hard evidence, it sounds like a tough case. He is still a POI and not a suspect. That does not indicate guilt or innosense but it may indicate what facts are currently available.
He could have left dna that would tell them he was there. Or the Feds could get all digital forensics and issue a geofence warrant and find out if his phone was there....that would tell them. That would tell them ALL phones that were in the area.

This might not be popular with everyone here, but I feel I have give some balance to the whole DV aspect in this discussion:

I once had a girlfriend once who was - apparently - suffering from some form of undiagnosed personality disorder (borderline would be my guess). She was the sweetest person most of the time and I really loved her, but every couple of months she would get into a rage, usually triggered by some kind of frustrating event outside of our relationship. She would smash things in my Apt, cry uncontrollably, blame me for all kind of things, tell me she hated me etc. (again, these episodes had nothing to do with any current event in our relationship, they were triggered externally).

And yes, she would hit me, with things she threw at me, with kicks, and also with fists, in my face.

Now, I was a grown man and she was half my size, so I was not too afraid of my health, but what terrified me the most is that I realised that there was absolutely NOTHING that I could do in these situations to calm her down, end the attack or even to defend myself. Nothing worked, literally, she was somewhere else.

I obviously did not hit back or get physical with her, but because she would not react to any attempts to calm her down verbally (and in fact any attempt to do so enraged her even more), the only thing that I could do was to more or less gently shove her out of my apartment and close the door, to protect myself and my property. She would then sleep at her apartment a night or two, and afterwards she would call me to sincerely apologise, which I accepted because I loved her. However, after a year and a half, I broke up because the situation was not getting better, and she refused any kind of therapy, and I did not want to become the victim of her rage every other month.

In addition, I started to see myself as "weak" because I was regularly being hit by "my" woman and had no means to avoid it. I felt this besides being intellectually fully aware that she was not responsible for her behaviour in these situations. This was going deep.

Long story short, I see some similarities in the story of GP and ML (might be wrong), and would just like to create some awareness here that we do not know exactly what was going on in their relationship, and that men can absolutely become victims in toxic relationships, with little socially accepted responses available.
Yes, men can absolutely be victims and you handled a very tough situation without returning the violence. What we know from witnesses accounts is that Brian was slapping Gabby, she ran, he grabbed her and “hit her some more”. I don’t think anyone is discounting what may have preceded that but nothing justifies someone slapping, chasing and hitting them some more. In the LE video Brian took no responsibility for his actions, Gabby defended him, took all the blame and behaved in a manner that per many expert comments, is classic for someone being abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member