Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey moderators, can we possibly have all pregnancy talk shut down. I don't think it is fair on her family that is speculated on without any evidence or sources
If you find a post questionable, just hit the report button. That way you don't get people like me responding to your post or even worse a whole 30 pages of debate about pregnancy outside of marriage, at this age, with or without jobs, everyone looking for a baby bump and others telling them their personal stories about pregnancy. :)

Do we know for sure if the cause of death has not been released or has not been determined? If it were a blow or choking, there would be obvious evidence found in autopsy. Skull fractures and a broken hyoid bone. But it seemed like they ware waiting for tox results meaning they found no obvious cause. But maybe it's just not being released yet.

It has not been released. I'm checking constantly and, well, @MassGuy will probably be the first to post it or @oviedo. I am not as patient with twitter.

There were some supposed leaks and/or perhaps bystander accounts, but those are not permitted here. So we wait. I am mostly going with head trauma or strangulation due to the face-smooshing. People who kill an intimate partner during a quarrel tend to use strangulation if the quarrel is verbal and face to face (as opposed to one person running away and the other running after). Did you notice how careful Brian is in the bodycam video to keep his hands relaxed, and one hand lightly grasping the other wrist? It reminds me of techniques used to encourage people who like to flare up and throw things or throw punches...not to do it. It's also talked about a lot on various social media (how to keep oneself from the natural propensity to clench up fists when stressed - which btw, is way more common among men than women; women tend to hug themselves/cross their arms in front of them in a protective posture).

There's some research to indicate that daily meditation with the hands in a relaxed pose really helps people who have tantrum/anger problems. When I get time, I"ll go back through Brian's SM again and see if he mentions or indicates anything like that - but that's what I thought of when I saw him.

I think the evidence in the autopsy is more than obvious, however, a "full report" will include the report of a pathologist (at some lab somewhere) and the toxicology report. But I believe the FBI and other LE already know the general cause of death - which is why they are hot to grab Brian. I also think the FBI will act to put together an arrest warrant in advance of a full autopsy report, if they are so inclined. Their profilers are aiding them in all of this. I think they consider him armed, as well...was he armed during the trip?

If he did take a gun with him, that's a whole new layer to this. His parents would know but they are almost certainly. not telling.

The search warrant states the Laundries directed LE to speak to their attorney on the 11th. So on or before that date, assuming they spoke with them when the van was retrieved

You're right, I realized that a while after I posted but was afkb, thanks for the correction.

Any television stations in that area of Orlando?
Just thinking...
Looks like WFTV is 1.2 miles from there.
Hmm...

Last edited:
I want to say I do not fault them at all if they are meeting with a serious Florida-based criminal defense attorney. They are in a serious situation and they need advice from someone who has been involved in similar situations. They need to understand what they can and cannot do and how they can legally help their son.

Unless they know where he is right now (like in hiding somewhere), there's a real chance their son is dead or in serious danger. If they can help resolve this without anyone else dying, I think that's a good end for everyone.

Good point.

I had been wondering what kind of lawyer they would go to if they were trying to go between their son and the police to negotiate a surrender? Would that require somebody specialized?

111 Orange has several law offices according to their directory in google maps.
I meant I can't imagine they would park at 120 if their destination was Bogin, Munns & Munns. There are a SLEW of attorneys in the area of 120...it's a prime downtown location. I only mentioned BMM because they advertise so heavily.

I mentioned him several days ago. He would love to be involved in such a notorious case I have no doubt.

I really didn't bring it up to speculate or troll but when the parents just arrived to Orlando, I really thought maybe he reached out. If I lived in central Florida and I wasn't familiar with any lawyers, that's one criminal defense lawyer name I would definitely know.

This is a federal crime and federal law has no such provision - so yes, they could be charged. I don't think the FBI has taken any action against the Laundries yet - as there is no arrest warrant - yet.

But FL law does not apply to a federal crime. And there's a reason for the saying "Let's not make a federal case out of it," because federal cases are very different and penalties often more extensive than state level crime. The Laundries may think they are immune due to FL law, but @Alathea (a verified attorney who has posted in the past 24 hours on this topic) says that if it's a federal crime - FL's laws don't apply.

It's a federal crime because it happened on federal land, as far as we know right now. The body hiding certainly was on federal land, although the feds will make sure everything is surveyed properly to make sure of that. It looks to be well within the Bridger-Teton National Forest.
Is it possible the trip this morning to the police station might have been to inform them that there may be charges pending with "what they know" or with what evidence they have uncovered so far. If the FBI got the phone records by now, maybe they have enough to charge them with obstruction, aiding/abetting etc..

I get that BL has been cleared of connection to the double murder in Moab. But has the perpetrator of that been cleared in Gabby's murder?

There is ONE person of interest in Gabby's homicide and his name is Brian Laundrie.

Well we don't know how many POIs. We are assuming and probably correctly. But there are limitations to our knowledge. Im asking because it could be a defence for reasonable doubt. It is a legitimate question.

Last edited:
Possible locations they could be visiting in the area of where they parked:
  • FedEx drop box (150 N Orange Ave)
  • Law Office of Kenneth Gallagher, divorce attorney (250 N Orange Ave)
  • Morgan & Morgan, personal injury law (20 N Orange Ave)
  • Arwani Law Firm, divorce attorney (55 E Washington Ave)
  • Walsh Banks Law, business and real estate law (105 E Robinson St)
  • Insurance & Estate Strategies (111 N Orange Ave)
  • ACS Fire & Security (33 E Robinson St)
ETA more possible law offices which do criminal defense:
  • De Beaubien Knight Simmons (332 N Magnolia Ave)
  • Ladan Law Firm (121 S Orange Ave)
  • NeJame Law (189 S Orange Ave)
All 3 of the criminal defense firms have experience in murder trials. Not sure if they handle death penalty cases.

Curious, sorry if it's been addressed.

They've been using helicopters for days to search for BL, usually on the western side of the reserve. There was just a Cessna doing circles nearby on the highway where it is split and has retention ponds. Is there a reason they would be using a plane for this instead of a helicopter? Different tech on board?

N610HP Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

I’m here for José Báez repping BL. Zero chance of it ever becoming reality though lol. The odds of BL being alive in that swamp are probably better.

/JMO

Last edited:
What about private airports?
There is one (IIRC) on Gasparilla Rd in Placida, FL - Coral Creek Airport. I can't speak to them all and how likely it is someone uses this but I recall this one when we visit and travel from North Port area to Boca Grande to the pier there.

I don't know if this applies to a Federal Case but any charges against BL would happen in Wyoming. If you're referring to the parents in this case, I can't imagine they will be charged with anything unless of course it's so egregious that it rises to the level of criminal behavior.

Right now, IMO is only rises to (edited to add BAD) parental behavior.
If GP was killed on Federal land would the State of Wyoming have jurisdiction?

Good point.

I had been wondering what kind of lawyer they would go to if they were trying to go between their son and the police to negotiate a surrender? Would that require somebody specialized?

I would think just an experienced criminal defense lawyer who could prepare them and then handle the interactions. In way less serious cases like drug possession/distribution or assaults you can sometimes have the parents involved since they will know where their kids would go to hide out or sober up. This is more serious but the situation is similar IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member