Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could her disappearance be related to the other two bodies found close to the same location around the same time frame? If the two separated, maybe he came back and she was gone so he assumed she had left already via a flight? It doesn’t make any sense he wouldn’t be willing to talk to LE with his Attorney.
That “creepy guy’ they called him is still on the loose if BL left her alive stranded I hope GP never met up with that killer being alone

So which is it? Did this convenience store cashier mix up the dates on when they saw Gabby and Brian or did Brian return on August 21st and not the 23rd? Did he even go at all? August 17th-23rd is an awful long time to split in the middle of a road trip. I mean who even leaves in the middle of road trip in the first place? Yes, I get that they had been gone for over a month at this point but I'm also not randomly leaving you, flying home and then coming back unless it's a serious emergency. I'm sticking it out for the long haul. This is getting crazier by the hour...

"At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

She didn't say anything back to him, at one point she left the store for a few minutes and came back in. They bought bottles of water, a few packages of instant noodles and donuts.'"

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online
OR was it an entirely different guy w/ Gabby?

crazier by the hour indeed…

Has anyone that knows BL come forward to be interviewed or make comments about BL's character? Nancy Grace type shows usually interview friends/past friends, maybe an ex? I just realized I still don't know anything about this guy.

JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE)
AUG 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab

I just noticed that on Gabby's instagram, the two posts she has from Arches/Delicate Arch were posted on the 12th of August. However, in both of the posts, she references the hike taking place on a Monday morning, 7am she says. The 12th wasn't a Monday, the 9th was. So, that would move the timeline posted here of when they were first in Arches, if that is correct.

Has anyone that knows BL come forward to be interviewed or make comments about BL's character? Nancy Grace type shows usually interview friends/past friends, maybe an ex? I just realized I still don't know anything about this guy.
There was one comment from an anonymous friend. It seems like the consensus, including family and the guy they met on the road, is that this is out of character for Brian and they were (or at least seemed) happy.

Yeah. They’re the ones who didn’t respond to communication from a desperate mother, just wondering where the heck her daughter was.

They’re the ones who didn’t bother to report Gabby missing, even if their son was unwilling to.

They’re the ones who continue to refuse to do the right thing.

God knows we’ve seen this sort of behavior before, and on some level I kind of understand it. That doesn’t mean I have to like it though.

No sympathy here either.

I agree 100%
This reminds me so much of the Stephanie Parze case. John Ozbilgen’s parents got him all lawyered up - John wouldn’t tell Stephanie’s parents where she was despite their desperation and begging. It all dragged on so excruciatingly long while John was holed up in his parent’s house
We all know how it ended.
All imho.

Could her disappearance be related to the other two bodies found close to the same location around the same time frame? If the two separated, maybe he came back and she was gone so he assumed she had left already via a flight? It doesn’t make any sense he wouldn’t be willing to talk to LE with his Attorney.
The name "Moonflower Coop" popping up in two recent separate cases has my hinky meter humming. I mean really, what are the odds? MOO.

#UPDATE

@GCSheriffUtah has DENIED our request for the 911 call that a man placed outside of the Co-Op where Petito and Laundrie were seen arguing.

What investigation? Moab PD say they decided their was no evidence to move forward with charges.

#KSLTV

https://twitter.com/morganwolfeksl/status/1438240219568820225?s=21

I don't understand. "What investigation?" is right. I assume this is just typical LE B.S. Why release the whole police report but not the 911 call?

Hmmm. Maybe the caller gave details that LE doesn't want released? IDK.

Agree, and the younger generation has all but removed the stigma of mental health issues, for the most part they are not afraid to seek help from professionals or talk very openly about such issues. Anxiety and depression are really not unusual diagnosis. I wouldn’t view this alone as some kind of smoking gun in the case. If GP harmed or was threatening to harm herself, I can’t imagine her partner being afraid to call for help. Not drive home, hire a lawyer and refuse to speak to her family. That’s what is abnormal here.
I think that is an excellent point. Mental illness used to be though of by society as more or less permanent. So admitting to an illness was a dangerous admission. While many severe illnesses can't be cured, plenty of moderate ones be cured or fully controlled. By the way there are a number of government licensing regimes, as well as employment fields, such as those requiring moderate to high levels of clearance where such an admission is just a stigma, but will exclude you.

While loss of privacy in the modern world is a real problem, the reduction in stigma and shame, mitigates some of the harms from privacy loss.

If this couple had some minor to moderate co-dependencies, they might be negative influences on each other, or the might be positive influences. We don't know about them well enough.

Unfortunately for this case the police had very narrow parameters under which to act.

What I find odd is that the police officer on the Moab Utah call said in the report GB was crying uncontrollably the whole time and rubbing her knees that he felt she was having a psychotic break why would he not suggest taking her to a hospital to be evaluated maybe even be put on some medication to get her stabilized instead of leaving her out there all alone by herself in that van where she could be harmed or harm herself. She admitted to anxiety and mental health issues unless he offered it and she refused but he can also put a mental health hold and take her in even if she refuses. The officers never wrote they offered her that in the report which to me wasn’t in the best interest of GP.

I agree! I have a big problem with the police officer making judgments about her “mental health problem” being the cause of the altercation.
I think it’s more likely that BL told her he was going to take her phone and take the van and leave her there. If that did happen, GP would be totally justified in fighting him for the phone and trying to jump in to the van to keep him from driving off and leaving her there, stranded and alone. If that’s the case no wonder she seemed hysterical.

She was probably afraid that if she ratted him out to the police he would just turn the situation around on her and press charges for assault. That’s how bullies get away with the things that they do. MOO

The name "Moonflower Coop" popping up in two recent separate cases has my hinky meter humming. I mean really, what are the odds? MOO.
I agree that it’s odd but, also, not really. Moab has like 3 stores and this is the one that would be considered most “eco-friendly” and not big-box. She could have been inside to shop and then came out and found him on her phone or something ‍♀️

Live updates: Gaby Petito and boyfriend Brian Laundrie got into a physical fight a week before she went missing

In a new statement, Laundrie's lawyer says he still won't speak to police

"In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focuses their attention on in cases like this and the warning that 'any statement made will be used against you' is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito's disappearance," the statement from attorney Steven Bertolino said. "As such, on the advice of counsel, Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter."

Bertolino said the police naming Laundrie as a "person of interest" in the case won't change his decision.

"Mr. Laundrie will continue to remain silent on the advice of counsel," the statement continued.
Sickening display of concern for only himself. :mad:

Utah investigators 'not ruling anything out' in double homicide near missing Gabby Petito incident

“Utah investigators have not ruled out a potential connection between two high-profile cases in the scenic campgrounds around Moab – a grisly double-homicide that left newlyweds dead and an apparent lovers’ quarrel involving a woman who has since gone missing.”

I don’t disagree. I just don’t think it was a planned murder. So if they fought and he killed her. Or they fought and she tried to stop him and he hit her with the van he may have panicked and put her inside or called his parents and they told him to bring the body there.

Personally, I’d leave the body in WY or UT because it’s less risky. But he’s also not familiar with WY or UT so maybe he took her elsewhere.
There would’ve been evidence of this on and/or inside the van. Especially if he hit her with it. Plus the van looked fairly dirty in the photos posted by LE yesterday morning so I don’t think it had a wash (to clear evidence) prior to LE’s retrieval of it either. If someone was trying to cover up hitting another person with their car the first thing they’d likely do was wash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95