Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right at 2:59 Gabby begins explaining to the officer that she's trying to get a travel blog website going and that she's stressed out from working on a video and "...he doesn't really believe I can do any of it..." So yes, they were indeed trying to get a social media gig going and it sounds (as I had suggested Monday) it's a lot harder than people think it is and can be incredibly stressful especially when you're making it on the road. It also sounds like Brian was not supportive of it and perhaps critical. Throw in heat, rough, cramped living conditions, summer tourists, bad company and you're heading for disaster.

He doesn't believe in what she is doing, and he stresses her out. Those are Gabby's words. So terribly sad that this beautiful young girl chose the WRONG person for her, to travel across country. She needed someone who didn't belittle her and criticize the one thing she wanted to do, the blog. She needed someone who wanted to do the same thing. Prayers, prayers, prayers. I can't listen to him.

You don't think there is a chance that they found her another party to travel with before he left to go home?I have a hard time thinking he would just abandon this girl that he loves so much in the middle of the dessert with nothing but the clothes on her back.And if he did either she would have gotten picked up by some friendly campers or someone out to harm her. :( Since noone has heard from her,and if he did just dump her on the road, she must have gotten picked up by a bad person. :(

Just watching this now, and seeing all kinds of red flags, but one that sticks out is when the officer walks back over to Brian, and asks if he or Gabby are on any medication. He replies, "she's crazy," and laughs and waves his hands, like he's just told a hilarious joke to the officers. At 17:05. :mad:
I said earlier, all this did to me was anger me.
It really pi$$ed me off!

He doesn't believe in what she is doing, and he stresses her out. Those are Gabby's words. So terribly sad that this beautiful young girl chose the WRONG person for her, to travel across country. She needed someone who didn't belittle her and criticize the one thing she wanted to do, the blog. She needed someone who wanted to do the same thing. Prayers, prayers, prayers. I can't listen to him.
Yes!! BAM!!

Watching that body cam footage is hard knowing what we know now.
BL seems very charming, very co-operative with police. Apologising for speeding, just an all round nice guy. Something very dark must have occurred for him to lawyer up and refuse to cooperate.

I feel for the cops in that video. That had a choice to make, and perhaps if they had made a different choice GP might not be missing. That would be very tough to deal with as LE I would imagine.
A very big sliding doors moment I feel.

It also saddens me that the followers she so desperately craved are now watching every single bit of footage, however, it seems she is unable to enjoy it.

She seemed so broken in that footage. Mentally exhausted. The one line where she says "he thinks I can't do it" in relation to building a blog, leads me to think that he poked fun at her, and possibly got sick of her filming everything. Like maybe it wasn't a joint decision to pursue the YouTube lifestyle.

All of these were hard for me to watch. They anger me.

He attempted to lock her out of that van. She feared he would take off and leave her. She crawled across him, fighting him to get back in that vehicle.

I am so angry right now.

Every time I read about that episode, it brings me back to the YouTube video where she is in the tent alone in the torrential rain. Where was he at that time? Did he briefly take off leaving her alone or was he chilling in the locked van a few feet away?

You don't think there is a chance that they found her another party to travel with before he left to go home?I have a hard time thinking he would just abandon this girl that he loves so much in the middle of the dessert with nothing but the clothes on her back.And if he did either she would have gotten picked up by some friendly campers or someone out to harm her. :( Since noone has heard from her,and if he did just dump her on the road, she must have gotten picked up by a bad person. :(
I don't.

She was afraid he would leave her. He took her phone, had the keys to her van, tried to lock her out of the van and she fought him to stop him that morning, before they were stopped by LE.

She was afraid he would abandon her because he had given her every reason to believe he would.

Did anyone else notice he wouldn’t take the bottle of water, but GP asks to see if they have a bottle of water. I wonder why he refused even though he claims they were just about to get water! Says he needs shade, but refuses a bottle of water. Probably because of DNA. IMO
I believe he said something to effect of, and I'm paraphrasing here, "I don't do plastic."

Just watched the full hour body cam. Incredibly disturbing. She is so scared and innocent and the cops make him the victim. Lots of tropes about “crazy female” who was “clawing at him” with her nails. Meanwhile he presents as a choir boy and joking around with officers the entire time. I cannot believe they left her alone and sent him to a hotel. As a dad to a little girl I am sick. IMO Brian displays the ability to convince the officers he is the good guy while she takes the fall and the charges.

I think the issues here with this are
1-if this happened why hasn’t she contacted her family?
2-why has her SM gone silent?
3-why couldn’t BL & family just replied to moms first text looking for GB & say this was the case?
IMO if she were to continue on with others, even if she were suddenly ok with separating from her van(which to me seems unlikely) she would have taken her phone and her computer to continue to document as she had been and to be able to communicate with her family. It also would be innocent enough to explain to her mom when asked where she was. JMO.

ALL MOO and my current thinking.

I don’t think BL was meant to go back to be with Gabby.

The fight happened. It was concerning enough for people to call 911 and also concerning enough that LE had them separate for the night.

I think a break up occurred and BL contacted his parents asking for assistance to come home.

He flies home and his sad story is told.

There’s always a snippet of truth in a lie. I’m thinking that Mom and Dad said they wanted her stuff out of their home so rented a storage unit and moved it out or….Gabby’s stuff was already in common storage and they went and took it all out and disposed of it. It makes no sense to fly home to move crap in the middle of a big trip.

I’d love to see any texts between BL and Gabby during this period when BL was in Florida and she was wherever she was.

They either made up and he went back or they didn’t make up. He may have sat around ruminating about it all and decided to go back and have it out with her.

Need to know if his flights were booked on a return ticket or were they one way flights booked at different times.

Back he goes and it goes bad very quickly.

Whatever happens, happens.

Back in the Van he goes and runs home to Mommy and Daddy and clams up.

MOO JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member