Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walt on WFLA says it was all in Wyoming? Oh my.

It explicitly states Wyoming and elsewhere. It likely did not happen within a federal property because the indictment cites interstate commerce as the reason they have jurisdiction instead of the fact that they were in a national park or forest.

The federal indictment is for using Gabby's debit card and PIN between August 30 and September 1 to acquire goods worth more than $1,000 without authorization.

WOW, not only did he use Gabby's card after she was dead, he did a LOT of shopping... wondering if it's wilderness supplies...

This also tells us they have a pretty good electronic paper trail & undoubtedly video of him shopping.

This leads me to believe that the shopping spree may have provided FBI with some clues as to him going into the swamp (based on what he bought).

JMO

Last edited:
So he killed her, robbed her, and stole her van. Then hid behind his moms skirt. Coward.
This begs the question did he always have the card? When her dad ordered Uber Eats, and she had $1,000 in there, why couldn't she order her own. Maybe because she didn't have the card in her possession maybe she wasn't allowed to.

Yes, this is important. It was at least $1,000. They did not disclose how much it was just that it met the statutory definition for this crime.

I think this was a good move because you do not have to have a long and complicated grand jury proceeding here to try to piece together a murder. You just present evidence that he illegally accessed her accounts. Grand Juries can take a very long time for complicated or serious crimes so I think this was their way to get a federal arrest warrant as quickly as possible.
Do you know if there is a crime with a higher amount that would give us a ballpark of between $1k and something else?

There were 2 accounts listed and one card number. It's possible to take funds from more than one account with a single card (access device) and just take cash from an ATM. Purchases would impact only one account so I believe he used an ATM and made purchases. IMO

Someone calculated it several threads back, and from what I recall, they said gas would have cost in the $700 range. So, the $1000+ makes sense in context.
He is on camera saying he loves to hike.
Instead he kills his fiancé, steals her van, uses her debit card, hides out at home while making an escape plan with the help of his parents. No. It doesn’t make sense.
Said it before, how about calling mom and dad and asking for a bus ticket and then a ride to tell LE what he did in WY? Nope, he isn’t a man at all.

Sounds like your seeing through the bull, I'm picking up what your puttin down!

I think it's pretty standard and preferred option to meet in person at attorney's office. The attorney's office is a controlled and LE shielded environment with no surveillance or wiretapping. Attorney probably also took extra precautions and had them leave electronic devices in the car.

edit to add: also importantly, the attorney wants to secure that $$$ retainer right away! And secure future financial obligations.

So how does this let us determine the date of her passing away? On or about August 30th to September 1st indicates that they are only sure that she passed away before August 30th. Poor soul, to be left out alone like that. My heart breaks reading all this.
FBI Poster as of today still reads:

The FBI, in coordination with the National Park Service, the U.S. Forest Service, the Teton County Sheriff’s Office, and the Jackson Police Department seek assistance from anyone who utilized the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area between the dates of August 27-30, 2021, and who may have had contact with Gabrielle "Gabby" Petito or may have seen her vehicle.
GABRIELLE PETITO — FBI

I agree. I'd want evidence, like what months exactly does BL claim he was in the wilderness? The idea that he was out there for several months "survivaling" is ludicrous. Ummmm.... you've gotta eat.
The ultimate "survivalist" was probably the Atlanta bomber. I posted a link to an article upthread, but I'll repost it. It's a good read about survivaling.... or not. He had to have had some help:
Eric Rudolph Slept Here

I could see him embellishing his experience when talking to two young women who don’t have experience with hiking trails. Even his and Gabby’s hikes posted about on their social media seem to be day hikes and tourist spots. Will have to check you the link. Thanks for sharing!

MOO

edited : misquote

According to FuelEconomy.gov's trip calculator, with that year/make/model vehicle, it would only cost about $330 in gas to get from Jackson, WY to North Port, FL. (

A 2012 Ford Transit Connect van would get about 23MPG, and with a tank of 15.4 gallons, would need to refuel about every 350 miles -- so about 7 times between Jackson, WY and North Port, FL.

So what did he use the other $700+ for on this roadtrip?
So about $300 for gas. Two nights, maybe stayed at two hotels, so that's probably another $300. We're still missing at least $400.

Maybe he ate at Ruth's Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member