Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/bostonglobe/status/1441195687702532104?s=21

FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider said an arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie will allow law enforcement to continue pursuing him, while the investigation continues into Gabby Petito's homicide.

BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) — The boyfriend of Gabby Petito, whose body was found at a national park in Wyoming after a cross country trip with him, has been charged with unauthorized use of a debit card as searchers continue looking for him in Florida swampland, federal authorities announced Thursday.

A federal grand jury indictment filed in U.S. District Court in Wyoming alleges Brian Laundrie made unauthorized withdrawals or charges worth more than $1,000 during the period in which Petito went missing. It does not say who the card issued by Capitol One Bank belonged to.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider said an arrest warrant issued Wednesday for the alleged fraudulent use of the bank card will allow law enforcement across the country to continue pursuing Laundrie, while the investigation continues into Petito’s homicide.

It would be reasonable if it was self-defense of the same nature, not murder, then stealing money & van to drive home & not tell anyone where your fiancee is, then hiding.
Obviously, I agree with that!

I'm not sure about that.
Cunning is not the same as intelligence but it counts towards it, I think.
He has not been found yet.
I don' have much insight into his psyche, only his actions..

I don’t think BLis cunning, intelligent , shrewd etc etc. I think what happened at campsite was due to loss of control on his part and then he just bolted. He was lucky that he was not caught-being in remote location played big part in that. I doubt he did much to cover what he did. He just bolted. Got out of the place. Went home. Took her cards, her van.
Then he got lucky that his parents called a lawyer snd they all kept quiet so he has no contradictions in events , did not say anything incriminating.
Now his luck is running out.

Something I have learned from this website is that if I am even remotely accused of a heinous crime I am running for the hills immediately.

I use my wife's credit card quite often (and she uses mine)
I drive her car quite often and other peoples cars as well.
My search history alone might get me accused of a dozen more crimes.
There are times when no one knows my whereabouts for days.
I've hiked the Appalachian Trail, which itself seems to be an indicator of some sort of criminality.
I've written horror and crime stories. (I'm not much of an artist so I have that no dark art thing going for me)

Just about everything that people are using to sleuth ill intent will make me look bad.

But if you came back to you campsite and found your wife murdered, would you take her car and use her credit/debit cards to drive across the country all the while saying nothing to LE or her family? I’m sure you wouldn’t, and I don’t think most people would do that to someone they love either. IMHO Brian’s actions were callous even if you hypothetically assume someone else killed Gabby.

https://twitter.com/thenewsoncnbc/status/1441183802676502533?s=20

"Somebody out there in the public knows something, heard something, saw something,”
@FrankFigliuzzi1
says about the search for Brian Laundrie. Adding he expects Brian Laundrie's parents summoned to a grand jury "...momentarily."

Here's the former assistant director of the FBI confirming what I've (we've) all been hoping. I really thought after the meeting today, it would have happened already. I'm still holding out hope that somehow today's Orlando meeting means they're cooperating and BL will be brought in over night. It's time for justice. I cannot watch another case go cold.
I have to admit I’m curious as well. Of all the times to meet your NY Attorney in FL 3.5 hours away, why now? If you retained him who knows when after this all started and have been working together through phone or zoom etc. then why NOW are they meeting in person? & the fact that he could have flown to Ft Myers to be closer to them-but instead they meet in Orlando on the same street as the State Attorneys office. I call BS. You don’t randomly meet your attorney basically at the State Attorneys office for nothing. Somethings up. MOO
Where’s the poop Robin? (If you know you know)

He is inaccurate in the most basic things.. I wonder why? Is he okay?
He was on the other day and insinuated he had intel that she was beat up. I don’t believe he has any intel at all but I guess we’ll see once the autopsy report is revealed. In any case, it’s been one long winded rant after another with him so a lot of what he says in the morning is contradicted by what he says by noon and by evening nothing makes sense. He ought to take a break. /JMO

Okay, so it sounds like Gabby had her accounts set up like mine with Capital One. I have multiple accounts linked and a debit card for my main checking account.
It sounds like he accessed her accounts online or via mobile device using her PIN, and transferred money from one account into her checking account, the one he could draw from with her debit card.

So calculated.

MOO.

Probably. That's the way mine are set up, too. I have a checking and money market and can use a single debit card to transfer from my MM to my checking and withdraw from my checking in the same transaction. Tbh, it's been so long since I used an ATM, i don't remember if I can withdraw directly from my MM using my debit card, but I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1