Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the same thing -- using the watch or venmo/paypal would make it slightly more difficult to prove that she wasn't using it if her time of death couldn't be pinpointed. Except he used the card at a gas station in IL where he would at least be likely to be on camera. So I don't think that's it.

apologies as I am way behind, but where is the source that he used a card in Illinois?

Bolded and snipped by me.

Not to belabour the point since I've already said this before but he doesn't say "crazy girlfriend". Unless I am mistaken and missed it. Do you possibly have a timestamp? Seriously, I've watched the video and read the transcripts and I can't see it anywhere.

I watched the whole video and yes he did say "she's craaaaaazy" and then chuckled like it was so funny while she's sitting and crying.

I do not have a time stamp but it's right after the police asked him if he was on any medication, he went into a spiel they bleeped out, then they asked HIM if she was on any medication, and he said, No, not that I know of" and then followed that with "she's craaaazy" and his laugh. At that point I knew he was a creep for real and thought the whole traffic stop and her feelings were a joke to him. IMO So yes he did say to the cops that she was "crazy", like as a joke. 100%

You can find it in the video probably after the halfway mark. I don't even have a link to the video.

Time for a break!!!

I can’t keep up. Did the warrant provide details for dates/amounts?

I'm not sure about that.
Cunning is not the same as intelligence but it counts towards it, I think.
He has not been found yet.
I don' have much insight into his psyche, only his actions..

I will concede cunning, calculation, and manipulation. I suppose that is a kind of intelligence. But just based on his actions, he doesn't seem to have a good grasp of consequences.

wanted to post this 2 days ago, but the forum is always closed when I am on.. have not read from maybe 23-29...

It seems strange that this house sold for just $120,000 in 2015. The market was still staggering at that point, but it's a really lowball price for a three-bedroom house with a lanai and swimming pool in that area. I wonder if it needed major renovations and listing it for sale in 2017 was an attempt to flip it.

It's also a relatively small house. I keep thinking about that. The Laundries lived with Gabby in that small house for two years. Two years of making breakfasts together, of sitting and watching television together, of holidays and birthdays together, of going about the little household daily duties and chores together with a young woman they were already thinking of as a potential daughter-in-law and mother of their grandchildren. Two whole years of getting to know Gabby and presumably love her, as she seemed quite lovable (those postcards to BL's sister's children had me in tears.)

And yet when something happened to her, she meant nothing to them. They showed no sign of caring about Gabby in the least. Even if they disliked her parents, the inhuman callousness of their behavior toward Gabby's parents and toward Gabby herself is shocking, Whatever thin and ridiculous lie BL might have come up with doesn't excuse it or even explain it.

unless they thought that BL, for whatever reason, was a "loner," and that GP had a very different personality, and that it "would probably never work out" and that their misgivings became reality but that they did not imagine an actual murder.... IMHO.

I think that's the neighbor who said she didn't know them well, right? She said the Laundries hadn't been there that long. I don't know how long is "that long," and she didn't know that GP was living with them. So that's probably why she sounded awkward when referring to the mom -- because she doesn't know the mom. Just my guess.

It was actually the neighbors in the interview that haven't lived there very long. They mentioned they had just recently moved in.

Has there been any word yet from the autopsy results? If not, any idea what the delay is? I know toxicology takes awhile, but does anyone think drugs or poisoning could be involved?
LE likes to keep things close to vest to use when interviewing suspects

Okay, so it sounds like Gabby had her accounts set up like mine with Capital One. I have multiple accounts linked and a debit card for my main checking account.
It sounds like he accessed her accounts online or via mobile device using her PIN. He would have transferred money from one account into her checking account (thus the two account numbers on top of her actual card number in the warrant), and then withdrawn from the checking account and used the card for purchases.

So calculated.

MOO.

FYI, according to the government Fuel Economy website, gas would be a little more than $300 from Jackson Hole to North Port. What the heck did this man buy?

Maybe he stopped for a new set of tires? Or, if it was a debit card, he was getting out $300 each day of the trip home.

As an aside ...
Looks like they DID have money for a hotel room on Aug 12th like I suspected.
BL only acted like they didn't have money for it because he was hoping if he didnt that the police wouldn't separate them IMO.

Yes, and it kind of makes me wonder if Gabby had the hold on the purse strings during the trip. Otherwise, why risk using her money and cards to get home?

Snipped by me

I'm not saying this is the case here because I don't believe it is but my thinking has always been that if you physically attack someone, regardless of their size then you better be prepared to receive it back. MOO

It would be reasonable if it was self-defense of the same nature, not murder, then stealing money & van to drive home & not tell anyone where your fiancee is, then hiding.

Florida law firm offers $20K reward for Brian Laundrie info

A personal injury law firm in Florida is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information on the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie, who is sought for questioning in the death of his girlfriend, Gabby Petito.

Boohoff Law, which has an office in North Port, where the couple was living, said Thursday it will pay the hefty bounty “for information leading directly to the exact whereabouts of missing person Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the case of 22-year-old Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito.”

The authorized reward will remain open for two months starting from the receipt of the tip by the investigating law enforcement,” the statement said, the Sun North Port reported.

Something I have learned from this website is that if I am even remotely accused of a heinous crime I am running for the hills immediately.

I use my wife's credit card quite often (and she uses mine)
I drive her car quite often and other peoples cars as well.
My search history alone might get me accused of a dozen more crimes.
There are times when no one knows my whereabouts for days.
I've hiked the Appalachian Trail, which itself seems to be an indicator of some sort of criminality.
I've written horror and crime stories. (I'm not much of an artist so I have that no dark art thing going for me)

Just about everything that people are using to sleuth ill intent will make me look bad.

As long no one finds a body in the trunk of your car or truck you're good.

Has there been any word yet from the autopsy results? If not, any idea what the delay is? I know toxicology takes awhile, but does anyone think drugs or poisoning could be involved?
It's not a dlay.
Autopsy is carried out in two parts.
The first is the superficial examination of the body with the naked eye.
This has determined that the manner of her death is homicide and probably quite a lot more as well which they are probably keeping quiet for operational reasons.

The second stage involves packing up everything, organs, tissue samples, gastric contents, bladder contents, bloods, vitreous fluid if available and sending it all off to the laboratories for full analysis.
This invariably takes quite a while as everything must be microscopically assessed..

https://mobile.twitter.com/fox7austin/status/1441186898311925764

FOX 7 Austin
@fox7austin

A North Port law firm says it is offering a reward for information on the whereabouts of Brian Laundrie, who is a person of interest in the death of his fiancée Gabby Petito.

North Port law firm offers $20K reward for information on Brian Laundrie's whereabouts

The Boohoff Law Firm is offering a $20,000 reward to "the first person to supply information leading directly to the exact whereabouts" of Laundrie.
by this time tomorrow it will be 100K.
Which according to his interview was exactly what he did... because that's what dads do....sigh
This is one thing that i dont know why people keep talking about ...ive ordered both my kids stuff before and had it sent to the just being Mother and they both have good jobs and money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876