Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any word yet from the autopsy results? If not, any idea what the delay is? I know toxicology takes awhile, but does anyone think drugs or poisoning could be involved?

Gotcha. But they’d still need to prove he knew she was dead at the time, correct?

Not sure how that works. Her death certificate not going to be dated for weeks later. But all of her things go to next of kin unless she had a will. But there are very specific and strict rules about bank money.

I think Feds are using to turn screws on BL. No big deal if he beats this rap. Buys them time to put together case for the serious charges.

Actually, the indictment didn't say a thing about Gabby or her death. And the warrant from many days ago that is public was before they'd found her body. Not sure where you got that from???
Yes it spoke clearly about the fact that she died.
Screenshot_2021-09-23-17-00-29.png Screenshot_2021-09-23-17-00-36.png
And spoke clearly about the illegal activities on the "devices" were after she died.

I don't think he did offed himself either. I think he disposed of a bunch of evidence in that nature preserve, like Gabby's phone, watch, maybe a murder weapon, and then he took off elsewhere.

That would also explain why LE is in no hurry to find a dangerous fugitive and search longer hours. Maybe they are just looking for evidence that he took with him in that backpack.

All speculation on my part. Even with just a body to find, you would think there would be some urgency to find him, due to wildlife in the park. (Gators) And I don't see how they would know for sure he was dead.
IMO I think LE are watching his parents because they know where he is. I honestly believe they do know.

I think that's the neighbor who said she didn't know them well, right? She said the Laundries hadn't been there that long. I don't know how long is "that long," and she didn't know that GP was living with them. So that's probably why she sounded awkward when referring to the mom -- because she doesn't know the mom. Just my guess.
Yeah, I kinda shrugged it off as such. I think they mostly just wanted to help. Their account seems a little shaky as far as details.

Is there in Wyoming? You can be charged in fed and state courts for the same crime/same actions that are crimes.
Double Jeopardy

As with all Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, the Double Jeopardy Clause originally applied only to the federal government. However, through the incorporation doctrine, the Supreme Court has incorporated certain amendments and clauses against the states. In Benton v. Maryland, 395 U.S. 784 (1969), the Supreme Court incorporated the Double Jeopardy Clause against the states.

Double Jeopardy

So will his lawyer try to get him off because he knew the pin number? She must have pre-approved use of her credit cards for the rest of HIS life. Like the people who say that the car is really his cuz she let him drive it. Or because she lived at the same address? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't think this bum had any money of his own, this was Gabby's card and he was using to drive her van to his parent's home....

You're probably right, but if he was planning on running, he was probably pulling cash out of both his and Gabby's account. Everyone knows that any type of electronic payment is traceable.

He had a very small window of time before Gabby's parents reported her missing.

What is this guys plan? He drove her van home, he used her credit cards, he went back to his parents home and stayed there for days to just "disappear" in the Florida woods. He knew she was going to be reported missing. This makes NO sense. He could have been gone in her van to Mexico by the time he drove to Florida. Why did he come back home? He could have abandoned her van anywhere and disappeared. I just don't get it.

IMO there was no plan. Get far away and see what the dice rolls. I really think if he was planning, there are a lot of things he would have done to hide the body. Between Wyoming and Florida, there are plenty of rivers and open space. There are cold cases of bodies buried in ditches for 20+ years.

IMO it was a fit of rage, panicked and left for home, with no idea of when things would hit the fan.

SBM wall-o-text to say: Yes, we do. Every day. Circumstantial evidence is real, guilt-determining, proof-providing evidence. Fingerprints, DNA, most forensic evidence is circumstantial. The problem IMO is TV -- decades of lawyer and cop shows leading people to erroneously believe that circumstantial evidence isn't probative, isn't useful, isn't enough to convict in a criminal trial.

It is.

Circumstantial evidence - Wikipedia

Ab.so.lute.ly it is. Every day -- it's the bulk of nearly every criminal trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876