Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is if they could prove he knew she was dead we’d already have a murder charge. But we don’t. Because they can’t. And if they can’t prove he knew she was at the very least dead when he took the van back to FL there’s gonna be an issue. Because yeah, returning to FL in her van without her is shady, but his lawyer will make excuses for it and prosecutors will need to prove against those things. It just doesn’t bode well (at the moment) for them pinning her murder on him in the future if the best they got right now is credit card fraud.

Just because we haven't seen/heard of no murder charge against him, it doesn't actually mean that there isn't. WFLA/JB was talking about this earlier - you can seal warrants. Effectively, this federal grand theft charge allows LE to do the same thing as a murder charge in pursuing BL further. Maybe they're still trying to sway him out of hiding?

Also, suffice to say, that just because he knew (or didn't) that she was dead, it doesn't immediately follow that they'd charge him. They could also have good evidence that he was responsible but are waiting. E

Either way, he's now got a warrant out for him and they will have cause to arrest him so I actually am not sure there's a point for the other warrant?

EXCLUSIVE: Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in 25,000-acre Florida nature reserve as Gabby Petito's best friend reveals he's gone off the grid before and lived in the Appalachians by himself: Manhunt enters fifth day
Brian Laundrie is 'well equipped' to survive MONTHS in nature reserve

'I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he's skilled at it,' said Rose Davis, best friend of Gabby Petito, whose body was found Sunday in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming.

'He and Gabby both told me stories about it,' Rose added in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com. 'And you could see the enthusiasm in his voice when he would talk about his adventures by himself like that trip into the Appalachians,' a trail stretching more than 2,000 miles from Georgia to Maine.

I call BS on him ever roughing it on the Appalachian Trail. Maybe a day hike.

jmo

Gabby Petito: Search for Brian Laundrie at Carlton Reserve enters fifth day: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

North Port Police call off Carlton Reserve search for Brian Laundrie for the day

The ground search in the Carlton has been halted for the day. Nothing found," North Port Police said. "We will be back at it Friday. A federal arrest warrant has now been issued for Brian Laundrie. Please see @FBIDenver for details."

Laundrie family lawyer responds to FBI arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie
“It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise," Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino told Fox News Digital. "The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum.”

The FBI announced the arrest warrant on Thursday.

"On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito," FBI Denver posted on Twitter.

READ: FBI releases copy of arrest warrant filed for Brian Laundrie

FBI issues arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie

"On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito," FBI Denver posted on Twitter Thursday evening.

Fox News Digital reporters confront Laundries as they return home from Orlando road trip

Arresting Brian Laundrie's parents 'could be tricky' if no further evidence presented
It "could be tricky" for law enforcement to arrest Brian Laundrie's parents for not sharing information with law enforcement if no further evidence is presented against them, according to a Florida-based criminal defense attorney.

Laundrie, 23, is a person of interest in the FBI's investigation into deceased 22-year-old Gabby Petito's disappearance and homicide.

"If the parents lawyered up very early on and they haven't really made any statements other than to friends prior to this becoming an investigation [into] Brian Laundrie, then it may be kind of tricky. It may be difficult because I'm not sure what crime they committed," Ajay Pallegar, managing attorney at Pallegar Law in Tampa, Florida, told Fox News.

"Demise" is a term to use when a politician gets caught with a mistress or something, not when a young woman is murdered and her body left in the wilderness. FFS

If BL is from NY state and he likes camping, hiking, surviving in forests, is it possible he chose to do this activity in NY state? Maybe those from his former home town and surrounding areas should be keeping an eye out for him.

Part of the Appalachian Trail runs through New York state.

Moab will investigate police's response to Gabby Petito and her fiancé's domestic dispute - CNN

The city of Moab, Utah, said it is launching an investigation into the Moab City Police Department's handling of a dispute between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie in August several weeks before she was killed.

Moab said in a statement the police department has received both praises and criticism for "their response and their resolution of the incident involving Ms. Petito and Mr. Laundrie."

The investigation stems from police interactions with Petito, 22, and Laundrie, 23, on August 12 in the midst of their #VanLife road trip to parks in the American West. In Moab, a bystander called 911 to report a possible domestic dispute involving the couple and their white van, and the ensuing police interaction was captured by police body-camera footage and a police report.

The point is if they could prove he knew she was dead we’d already have a murder charge. But we don’t. Because they can’t. And if they can’t prove he knew she was at the very least dead when he took the van back to FL there’s gonna be an issue. Because yeah, returning to FL in her van without her is shady, but his lawyer will make excuses for it and prosecutors will need to prove against those things. It just doesn’t bode well (at the moment) for them pinning her murder on him in the future if the best they got right now is credit card fraud.
I think that they have more than we know if simply because of the fake texts. Aug 30th her mother received a text about no cell service in Yosemite. If Gabby was dead by then, she did NOT send that text!

You don't go rushing off willy-nilly on a potential murder case. The choice of how, what, and when to charge is very strategic here.

And among other things/completeness of evidence to charge (which is not the same as to step in a courtroom or gain a conviction), it signals to Brian that a) right now it's just the theft/fraud charges, so best come in voluntarily with relatively minor charges in place (not the homicide), and b) the jig is up/we will find you.

Most browsers have private browsing tabs that can be used to not save specific history, locally that is.. the Internet Service Provider can still see the actual searches conducted in most cases.

Not entirely true. Most modern browsers use HTTPS which encrypts the URL. The ISP can see which host (eg Google) you are accessing but is not able to see what the exact URL is.

More info here:
Are HTTPS URLs encrypted?

Of course it may well be stored in your browser history and Google will know the IP address and the search terms, but a VPN can spoof the IP address.

There are other ways for LE to get at the search but it's not a straightforward case of asking the ISP.

I just don't see this guy buying a gun. I think he already has a gun imo. Especially with a card that he stole. It will be interesting to see what he bought and how this plays out.

Oh I'm not saying he DID , I'm saying he COULD have from a legal standpoint with no background check.

I don't think he bought much. I think aside from basics gas, food, supplies.
I think most was kept in cash to get out of the country.

For someone who may have felt remorse, using her cc to escape isn’t compelling. I mean, the guy wasn’t hysterical. He made some significant decisions. What’s odd is that they aren’t smart if he was hoping to cover it up. He knows cc can be traced. I’m really curious what he planned to do next
Disappear...

I talk about the 'plastic' daily...to people who have zero idea or aren't even following it. It just was so weird right? Like he needed the LE to shade his bald head, GP was on her 2nd or 3rd bottle and they were going to fill their 6 gallon jug!! Why not drink the water--I actually thought at that time he didn't want his DNA on anything.. I'm so thankful you brought up the plastic. I can exhale now :)

BBM. This is an excellent point.

That's what I don't get. There's still the possibility he had her authorization to use the card and they have no way of knowing with certainty that he knew she was dead, assuming he could claim she died of other causes while he wasn't present. A stretch for sure, but it doesn't appear LE has a water tight case on *unauthorized use*. Just MOO
If she and a parent were on an account together, she had a card and was authorized to use it. Unless the parent allowed BL to use it, he was not authorized whether she was alive or not.
IMO
ETA: It seems it may be the case as someone knew to tell LE about charges after 8/27 ish...
Either LE pulled her financial info or a parent had access to it.
MOO

He's now wanted by the FBI.
Because it's Federal feds can utilize federal law to supersede any and all state laws as additional changes grow against him AND anyone who has harbored him, impeded the investigation, etc.

Welcome to Websleuths, Mrs. B! You have some good legal knowledge that you're sharing with us :)

Fox 13 Tampa : [quote snip] Arrest warrant issues for Brian Laundrie. The Family Attorney’s Response: family attorney Steven Bertolino responded to the FBI's arrest warrant, telling Fox News, "It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise. The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum." [quote snip]
Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member