Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alethea @gitana1 @oviedo

Don't know if this has been asked, as like everyone else time doesn't permit me to read every post at this speed, but I have a legal question. I don't know enough to know if it's relevant to this case.

I read somewhere that this case could fall under misprision of justice. I looked that up and it seems to be an old English common law, rarely used in the U.S., but could perhaps apply as Gabby was found (and apparently killed) on federal land.

I also see that in my state of NY it's also applied to a crime involving the creation of a false impression. Certainly IMO the Laundries are guilty of that, but they no longer reside in NY.

If any of you have the time and the patience, would you clarify this and if it is applicable in any way if that is found alive? TIA.

https://twitter.com/fox2news/status/1441152941113503751?s=21

America’s Most Wanted’ ex-host confident public will find Brian Laundrie: ‘Our hotline blew up’ fox2detroit.com/news/americas-…

If he's alive, I do think the public will be the ones who spot him. I hope the following is allowed and I'm not repeating something for the 20th time.

A flight attendant took a photo on a plane to Canada a couple of days ago of a man who looked so much like BL. Slightly blurry photo though. He looked like him a lot more than the trail cam guy did. Here it is.

Brian 'sighting' reported by woman convinced she spotted him in Canada

On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito.

View attachment 314271
https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1441155529393389568?s=21

Whoop - There it is!
No way this caliber of resources was looking for someone simply because he was reported as missing by his parents.

Even though it looks like SB is saying he met them in Orlando, I bet they formally retained local counsel too. That is the proper way to represent someone outside of your state or practice area - you are allowed to partner with someone in the jurisdiction and continue to work on the case.
I believe you said this is now a federal case. So, I guess that means a federal case defense attorney is required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l