Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured someone else had to eventually pick him up after the first woman dropped him off, so I'm glad we're hearing that account now. I am not surprised at all that two (or possibly more yet unheard of) people picked him up. There is a bit of a different mindset/mentality in national parks, wilderness areas, etc. I myself personally would NOT pick up a hitch hiker even there, but many people do who would not normally at home. It is not at all uncommon for hikers to do a long-ish one-way hike and then hitch back to their car at the other end. It's also not that uncommon for people who work in the national park (especially seasonal employees - sometimes college students, etc) to not have transportation (especially in non-pandemic years when they may be from out of the country) and to hitch rides to get into town or around the park. I am not saying I think it's a great idea to pick up hitch hikers, just that it is a different type of world in these communities and a sort of kinship among park-goers, hikers, etc.
IMO based on being a part of this community (though one who doesn't pick up strangers ;))

She may have met someone while he was gone. This case has taken so many turns, wouldn't be surprised if a mystery man emerges.

And that’s the problem. Someone said that it’s as unlikely as Bigfoot coming to campsite and killing Gabby for it to be anyone other than BL, but MOO, I don’t think so. As said above, she could have met someone while he went back to FL. Also, he was clearly away from campsite during critical times when she could have been killed; two people have stepped up who gave him rides. He was alone. Something could have happened while he was gone. Someone else could be in the picture. Gabby could have asked him to leave, going off with someone else. It is possible.

But the fact is he took off with her van, her cash cards and didn’t tell anyone that she made off with someone else, that she disappeared or that he doing her dead —who does that? Something not right here. What fits best is that he killed her, panicked and left in the van back to parents for help. Clear indicators that they were not getting along from DV incident to restaurant scene.

I think in the beginning he is telling then about a previous situation and how he didn’t have his phone then. I don’t think he’s meaning now.

What? When police ask you if you have a phone, they mean now. They don't want the entire past and future of possible phone use. He tells them he doesn't (and then produces one later). No one is implying he meant today, Sept 23 or even yesterday. He said that on August 12.

You don't put money into a Capitol One card. It's a credit card, you are borrowing from them and paying it back to them with interest. They specifically mentioned that card.

Well, you can. And there are benefits to doing it that I won't go into. Because Capitol One offers us the best terms, I send them money for us to have a credit balance before we travel, which works out well for my style of budgeting. Capitol One sends texts to me about my daily balance and I can see when I'm starting to use credit instead of my. own funds.

The article says HE asked HER if she needed gas money. For giving him a ride.

All of the original videos from that couple simply say he immediately offered $200, without mentioning gas (which would have been rather ridiculous for 10 miles).

You don't put money into a Capitol One card. It's a credit card, you are borrowing from them and paying it back to them with interest. They specifically mentioned that card.
Capitol One has checking and savings accounts and debit cards, etc. The indictment actually specifically mentions it being a Capitol One debit card. Regardless, I highly doubt he was putting money in her account.

Then why wouldn't she have reported it to the authorities?

Why didn't she report him having her PIN and using her card??

Because she was dead.

And she didn't report it previously when she was alive, as victims of coercive behaviour, bullying relationships, DV etc. DON'T report anything to anyone ever.....they are too scared to do so.
They have no self-esteem left, and are too ashamed to say anything to their own families or friends, let alone tell LE.

RSBM. I am positive that LE gave their attorney a heads' up about the imminent release of the warrant before they released it to the public. The trip to Orlando was not a coincidence. Prosecutors and defense attorneys are professional colleagues who compete in court, but at the end of the day, are colleagues and value their relationships with one another.

What I wonder is if they began preliminary negotiations of some sort today -- whether it be conditions for their son's surrender, a plea for them, immunity... something.

According to CNN the parents think their little boy might have hurt himself because he left home without his wallet and phone. But I thought he didn't use a phone.
And he had no money, so what was in his wallet? Were Gabby's cards still in there? (I would love to see BL's wallet. Maybe just full of cracker crumbs.)

I also think this is nonsense and they know where he is.

Gabby Petito update: Brian Laundrie left home without phone or wallet and his parents were concerned he might hurt himself, source says - CNN

It wouldn't have been hundreds of hours of editing video footage for the kind of videos she was making. Far from it.
A couple of hours here and there would've been more than enough.

I hope she spent the 6 days in the hotel, enjoying sleeping in a proper bed, making use of a hot shower, nice bathroom and chilling out and resting. She deserved it.

Really? A couple of hours here and there? Not for any website I've built. But probably not hundreds of hours either (although I'm working on three right now, and it's pretty clear that I've spent about 15-20 hours on each one...and have a long way to go).

Youtube and www.nomadicstatik.com are two different things - she was busy. She was also instagramming.

Three platforms to juggle.

Oh! I thought when her dad said website, he meant the youtube page! LOL

Silly me. Well, now that I see this, I think she bit off more than she could chew. With all the social media platforms, the videos, the pictures, the website, no wonder she was stressed. Did she even know how to do HTML? Did she know how to edit videos? This was truly the trip from hell if she didn't.

Why didn't she report him having her PIN and using her card??

Because she was dead.

And she didn't report it previously when she was alive, as victims of coercive behaviour, bullying relationships, DV etc. DON'T report anything to anyone ever.....they are too scared to do so.
They have no self-esteem left, and are too ashamed to say anything to their own families or friends, let alone tell LE.
EXACTLY.

Okay so I know I’ve been bringing a lot of my thoughts on info this evening. But I can’t get this issue out of my mind since I am from Louisiana. I want to believe (and have believed) that BL was fully able to make the trip from where they were to Florida in approximately 48 hours? That’s the time frame I’ve been seeing on here. That yes, it’s possible…he could have done that…with no sleep, etc. But because I’m from Louisiana, I feel inclined to remind others of what we experienced during these key dates that he had been said to have been driving to Florida…Hurricane Ida. This storm was SLOW. It sat over us here in New Orleans for SO long which slowed it’s path down going into the rest of the country. I’m just wondering how BL was able to navigate around this B of a storm after doing what we believe he did do and make it back to Florida on the 1st? I have found the best radar loop of Ida to share with y’all. I would love to know everyone’s opinions with this wrench thrown into the situation. because it’s been steady on my mind with the dates so so close to the wrath of what we experienced down here. We’ve heard on here…sure, it’s possible He can drive without sleep…but can he do that thru a tropical storm?
Maybe that is what brought him to southern IL. It’s a 14 hour drive from Benton IL to North Port, and he could have driven around the storm.
Reports: Laundrie credit card purchases linked to Benton, IL gas station

It's considered theft/fraud the moment someone uses another person card and their name is not anywhere on the account. It doesn't matter if a person is deceased or alive. Unless a person can clearly state to law enforcement yes I gave so and so permission to utilize my monetary funds it's considered theft/fraud.

Thank you! If they were both using Gabby's cards what's to stop him saying he didn't know she was dead? Would LE have to have knowledge that he knew she was dead to charge him? Or based on what we know so far in the case would that be enough for LE to convince them he knew? Hope that makes sense! o_O

That's exactly right. What in the world could BL have told them to make them react like that. They either knew the truth or he told them something horrendous about GP. But why would they continue their behaviour. I haven't heard of any ill feelings between the parents prior to this. Boggling...

IMO It speaks volumes about the parents and why Brian turned out the way he did.

Same here! Took a snooze only to wake up to the Feds declaring war against BL.
<modsnip>
It took a lot of willpower today to not pick up my iPad but March straight to the shower. Had a meeting but only glanced at my phone to check on updates. I exercised all the self discipline I could muster.
If the parents know that their son is not coming back, shouldn’t it be strategically advantageous for them to cooperate with FBI/LE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? A couple of hours here and there? Not for any website I've built. But probably not hundreds of hours either (although I'm working on three right now, and it's pretty clear that I've spent about 15-20 hours on each one...and have a long way to go).
I was unclear, I will try to go back & edit, I meant for her to develop all her brand materials, the sites, videos, planning Insta posts etc. I meant in an ongoing sense, not in a single setting or upfront.

Okay so I know I’ve been bringing a lot of my thoughts on info this evening. But I can’t get this issue out of my mind since I am from Louisiana. I want to believe (and have believed) that BL was fully able to make the trip from where they were to Florida in approximately 48 hours? That’s the time frame I’ve been seeing on here. That yes, it’s possible…he could have done that…with no sleep, etc. But because I’m from Louisiana, I feel inclined to remind others of what we experienced during these key dates that he had been said to have been driving to Florida…Hurricane Ida. This storm was SLOW. It sat over us here in New Orleans for SO long which slowed it’s path down going into the rest of the country. I’m just wondering how BL was able to navigate around this B of a storm after doing what we believe he did do and make it back to Florida on the 1st? I have found the best radar loop of Ida to share with y’all. I would love to know everyone’s opinions with this wrench thrown into the situation. because it’s been steady on my mind with the dates so so close to the wrath of what we experienced down here. We’ve heard on here…sure, it’s possible He can drive without sleep…but can he do that thru a tropical storm?
So
Lafayette Louisiana here. Ida was sure a beast. I work in insurance and can testify to how catastrophic it was to the NOLA area, not so sure to Florida though. Great question!

I had to look back to Gabby's stay in the SLC hotel. What was going on?

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

Do we have any more info on the supposed appearance at Kick 66 on August 21? If this is confirmed then the whole trip by BL from Aug 17-23 can't be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow