Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or being locked out of her van and abandoned, the thing that she was so scared of happening again in Moab. I think that he tormented her with threats to abandon her. MOO.

she was supposedly engaged... and he was doing the driving for their vanlife youtube which was a new venture- so, presumably, if she separates from BL, she looses "everything"... all her future plans were tied to him.

No phone or wallet, but a large backpack?

so who has his phone then. If he was going out there to off himself, he wouldn’t need a backpack either. But if he left his wallet (and I’m assuming his ID) “he” drove to the reserve without his license. Which doesn’t seem like a huge thing in the mix of everything, but it doesn’t make sense.

According to CNN the parents think their little boy might have hurt himself because he left home without his wallet and phone. But I thought he didn't use a phone.
And he had no money, so what was in his wallet? Were Gabby's cards still in there? (I would love to see BL's wallet. Maybe just full of cracker crumbs.)

I also think this is nonsense and they know where he is.

Gabby Petito update: Brian Laundrie left home without phone or wallet and his parents were concerned he might hurt himself, source says - CNN

His ID is in his wallet.

When your name is Brian Laundrie, right now that isn't a good thing.

What is interesting is if you have a lock on your phone and a lock on your financial info in your phone, it is more secure than a wallet. When your wallet gets stolen the thief has immediate access to use your cards and a lot of money can be stolen before you get a chance to have your cards cancelled.

We also started using Apple Pay because it doesn't provide your actual credit card number to the stores. It gives an anonymized version. So there's less of a risk of being caught in the data breaches you read about because the stores don't have your actual credit card number.

Okay so I know I’ve been bringing a lot of my thoughts on info this evening. But I can’t get this issue out of my mind since I am from Louisiana. I want to believe (and have believed) that BL was fully able to make the trip from where they were to Florida in approximately 48 hours? That’s the time frame I’ve been seeing on here. That yes, it’s possible…he could have done that…with no sleep, etc. But because I’m from Louisiana, I feel inclined to remind others of what we experienced during these key dates that he had been said to have been driving to Florida…Hurricane Ida. This storm was SLOW. It sat over us here in New Orleans for SO long which slowed it’s path down going into the rest of the country. I’m just wondering how BL was able to navigate around this B of a storm after doing what we believe he did do and make it back to Florida on the 1st? I have found the best radar loop of Ida to share with y’all. I would love to know everyone’s opinions with this wrench thrown into the situation. because it’s been steady on my mind with the dates so so close to the wrath of what we experienced down here. We’ve heard on here…sure, it’s possible He can drive without sleep…but can he do that thru a tropical storm?

can you find a loop of storm/tornado watches inland? yes, he could if the van license plate was captured at 10amish Sept 1st. if he was taking major thoroughways that were not effected by storm refugees and flooding, yes.

How about passport?
Where is BL? Million dollar question. The FBI knows so much more than all of us could possibly imagine at this point.

If I were in FL and I had a four day headstart to disappear myself before the Law could catch up with me there is only one place I could possibly think to go. Cuba. Forgive me if this has already been suggested. I haven't read even half the posts in the last 24 hours.

Yes, they are spending tremendous resources searching for him in the FL wilderness. They must have a very good reason to be doing that. The only reason I can think of BL going there is to die. Pick your poison.

But if I wanted to live, I would have begged, borrowed, stole, sold drugs, and done whatever it took to get as much cash as quickly as possible. Make my way to the FL Keys (camping trip with mom and dad?), hire some unsuspecting poor boat owner (there are a lot of poor boat owners living on their boats in the Keys) and pay them a nice chunk of change to sail me 90 miles. Now would that boat owner talk? There are a bunch of secrets in the Keys and the boat owner would be knee deep in Federal legal kimchi over their little boat trip.

Cuba loves American "tourists" AND dollars. He was not yet on the worldwide radar. Visa on arrival by boat. Take a bus to the middle of nowhere to a small town and go incognito till its time to grab a bus to another small town and rent another room from a poor family that is thrilled to have a dollar spending American.

We are not exactly as a country on the best of terms with Cuba right now so it is unlikely they would put out an isla wide APB for a Norte Americano. He would not be the first fugitive from US justice to make Cuba his/her home.

Assata Shakur - Wikipedia

I had to look back to Gabby's stay in the SLC hotel. What was going on?

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

(Gabby's mom) She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit.

Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

snip

At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

But he was supposedly in Florida until the 23rd?

Yeah, fair. But many people do, and young people do. (has anyone looked for GP or BL on Venmo?). Really just trying to point out there are many ways to pay for things besides having a physical card in your possession.

A lot of people I hire for work around the house will only accept Venmo. Also, my hairdresser and nail salon. Likewise, if we sell something online, we only take cash or Venmo. I was pretty much forced to use Venmo. Sign of the times.

So

Lafayette Louisiana here. Ida was sure a beast. I work in insurance and can testify to how catastrophic it was to the NOLA area, not so sure to Florida though. Great question!

Laissez les bon temps rouler! I believe that it wasn’t that bad to Florida BUT my suggestion is….if you look at the radar loop with the time stamps…he would have been potentially driving thru some bad stuff on his way back to Florida. And let’s not forget that his parents live way down in Florida…it’s not like going to destin ;) there’s some bad stuff around there even when Ida was gone out of the area.

Oh! I thought when her dad said website, he meant the youtube page! LOL

Silly me. Well, now that I see this, I think she bit off more than she could chew. With all the social media platforms, the videos, the pictures, the website, no wonder she was stressed. Did she even know how to do HTML? Did she know how to edit videos? This was truly the trip from hell if she didn't.

She seemed to be working on her blog a lot but I suspect it was work she was doing on videos and the creative side of it. I don't think she was a coder. She didn't need to know HTML though. Looks like she was using Squarespace. After the landing page with the cute grarphics it's just a blank, though the underlying info is from Squarespace. However, there is nothing there. She just has a Youtube link. I think FBI and LE should be talking to Squarespace to see if she was writing interesting things on her blog while on this trip because they are hidden if she was.

I leave for a few hours and miss a thread and a half.

On the library trip, if whoever reported that knew they were there for 30 minutes and didn't even look at a book, they would have definitely known if they'd contacted somebody. My guess is they got there early, didn't have anywhere to go and wanted to avoid having to speak to anybody and that was the safest place to do it.

On another note: One redacted report — incident No. 21-053269, at 2:42 p.m. dated Sept. 14 — is filed as an abandoned vehicle report at the address of 6968 Reisterstown Road, in North Port, where the Mustang was left.

Also interesting in this article:
A third redacted report —incident No. 21-054246, at 11:22 p.m. dated Sept. 18 notes a “suspicious incident” at the intersection of Balboa Terrace and Delmar Drive in North Port.

Delmar Drive is a bit of a beaten trail of a road that drags along Big Slough in the middle of North Port. There are no homes on Delmar Drive; and only a handful along Balboa Terrance.

For whatever that's worth....
Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

Oh! I thought when her dad said website, he meant the youtube page! LOL

Silly me. Well, now that I see this, I think she bit off more than she could chew. With all the social media platforms, the videos, the pictures, the website, no wonder she was stressed. Did she even know how to do HTML? Did she know how to edit videos? This was truly the trip from hell if she didn't.

It is possible to put a lot of stress on yourself when making content for social media. However, she was just getting started, so I doubt this was the case. I would pin most of the stress squarely on Brian controlling her every move and her not being able to break free from it.

Really? A couple of hours here and there? Not for any website I've built. But probably not hundreds of hours either (although I'm working on three right now, and it's pretty clear that I've spent about 15-20 hours on each one...and have a long way to go).

Oh, I was meaning a couple of hours just for the video editing only.
I don't know about website building part, I haven't personally done that, so have no reference.

Last edited:
Much of the footage was from a previous trip altogether. I wonder if she wasn't running out of material while he was gone.
I don't know. There is no way to know.
I don't think it will help locate him right now and that is the most important thing at the moment.
Where can he be if we think outside the box?
The FBI agent, retired , interviewed by Brian stated she doesn't believe he is in the reserve.
She reckons the camping trip made by B and his parents are a key to his present location.
We don't know where they went tho'.

And the elephant is still in the room that these massive resources were being ploughed into this search even before the Gov stated he wanted an all out, no holds barred search??
This is what they do for major terrorists.
I can't get beyond this sticking point.

Did B have membership of any illegal org or group?
Are they providing him with whatever he needs to continue evading capture right now?

What else makes sense here?

How about passport?
Where is BL? Million dollar question. The FBI knows so much more than all of us could possibly imagine at this point.

If I were in FL and I had a four day headstart to disappear myself before the Law could catch up with me there is only one place I could possibly think to go. Cuba. Forgive me if this has already been suggested. I haven't read even half the posts in the last 24 hours.

Yes, they are spending tremendous resources searching for him in the FL wilderness. They must have a very good reason to be doing that. The only reason I can think of BL going there is to die. Pick your poison.

But if I wanted to live, I would have begged, borrowed, stole, sold drugs, and done whatever it took to get as much cash as quickly as possible. Make my way to the FL Keys (camping trip with mom and dad?), hire some unsuspecting poor boat owner (there are a lot of poor boat owners living on their boats in the Keys) and pay them a nice chunk of change to sail me 90 miles. Now would that boat owner talk? There are a bunch of secrets in the Keys and the boat owner would be knee deep in Federal legal kimchi over their little boat trip.

Cuba loves American "tourists" AND dollars. He was not yet on the worldwide radar. Visa on arrival by boat. Take a bus to the middle of nowhere to a small town and go incognito till its time to grab a bus to another small town and rent another room from a poor family that is thrilled to have a dollar spending American.

We are not exactly as a country on the best of terms with Cuba right now so it is unlikely they would put out an isla wide APB for a Norte Americano. He would not be the first fugitive from US justice to make Cuba his/her home.

Assata Shakur - Wikipedia

It’s all so hard to say. Part of me thinks he’s not at the reserve but then part of me thinks “well I doubt the fbi would use that much man power and that man resources to try and find this dude.” I called and spoke with a detective from NPPD yesterday over a video with something I saw in it and he actually sounded hopeful. I wish the slimey……. Man….. would turn himself in and deal with this like the man he thought he was when Gabby died. I live in a decent sized town about 2 hours away from North Port and if I were to see him here I can’t promise I’d be very welcoming. he’d need a hospital visit before talking to the FBI.

She seemed to be working on her blog a lot but I suspect it was work she was doing on videos and the creative side of it. I don't think she was a coder. She didn't need to know HTML though. Looks like she was using Squarespace. After the landing page with the cute grarphics it's just a blank, though the underlying info is from Squarespace. However, there is nothing there. She just has a Youtube link. I think FBI and LE should be talking to Squarespace to see if she was writing interesting things on her blog while on this trip because they are hidden if she was.
That’s a very good observation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member