Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am of the belief that a more could have been done differently in the Moab stop.. But, with all my thoughts of the "would have should have could have" (that i am sure they are feeling), I want to at least acknowledge, that by being smart enough to have their body cams on, gave a lot of insight to BL/GP's behaviors, and shed light on subtle DV signs that many people would not recognize until now. And perhaps that their footage though it sheds negative light on many things, sheds a whole lot more negative light on BL. JMO.

I suppose it can be interpreted two ways. The other version could be he was in front she kept running up to him to get the keys and he was pushing/hitting her away.

Also odd to me, that the caller claiming he saw Brian repeatedly hitting Gabby and they both jump in the van and sped off....did not see Gabby had to climb through a window to get in van?

Makes me think what he saw was not start to finish, if he was driving he might have had to turn away.

Do we need to help message them? More people more chances they see, lol
The hard part is telling where in the reserve that was.. I did take notice that have kind of altered their search areas after I spoke to the detective. My fiancé seems to think Brian is hiding in the trees during the day and coming out at night. And I keep getting drawn to the “suspicious incident” on Delmar Dr and Balboa Terrace for some reason.

Interesting. To be clear, if you look for coverage, you can find it. It's commodity news, nothing more.
Going n this long and stretching to every corner of the globe when it is one of the most common experience in the world of bad human relationships?

I cannot for the life of me understand it. I've been pondering it for ages trying to understand it- blank.

Not sure if thats what they need right now. The original person spoke to someone and passed on the info. Lets not clog tip lines with something they already have been given.
I meant the reporters messages she mentioned, not the authorities.

No she said she hit him in the arm to get his attention because the police were behind them. I literally just watched the video.
Yes, she did say that, among other things. They both seemed to portray (aligned with BOTH witness statements) that putting hands on each other during times of frustration was at least normal enough to speak pretty openly about it. MOO!!!

I think this whole thing about the 911 call and how the details were apparently not relayed to LE for the stop highlights a problem that gets swept under the rug: Dispatcher training. When a dispatcher doesn't take a call seriously (like when the social worker called to report Josh Powell taking his kids, after which he killed them and himself), or when they don't fully share details with officers which could very much change the outcome of a police interaction, there should be consequences there. There was a case in my hometown when I was young, where a person was getting beaten to death with baseball bats, multiple people called 911 to report it, and listening to the heinously indifferent attitudes of the 911 operators when those calls were released to the public, gahhhh, it's choking me up just thinking about it.

Transcript of the Josh Powell call in order to provide a link:
Transcript: Social worker's 911 call from Josh Powell's home

Burn out/turn over rate for dispatchers is so high. We have a training program where I work - almost none of them last more than a month or two. Many dramatic stories involving how these caring people, who wanted to help, are immediately overwhelmed with the gravity if their job. Listening to people get shot, beaten, killed. Listening to people kill themselves - being the last person that person talked to. All the kids screaming in the background during DV calls. A lot of them do get really depressed or disassociated, which the public reads as "heinously indifferent," when in fact, their own emotional responses are shutting down so far that they end up in mental health treatment themselves.

This was part of a study of why they quit so frequently - I suggested moving them out of the basement of the jail and into a place with windows. The tech person on our team suggested hands free head phones (this was a while ago) and everyone agreed that having one extra person (who was not actively taking a call) was in general important, because they could sense when a really bad call went down and relieve that person. Of course, we organized mental health options for them - free psychological care, but most just quit.

Many people quit their jobs after lots of training - most of them are in their late 20's or early 30's when they start it.

I'm not sure why the Josh Powell call is relevant here, except to find an example of poor 911 handling - when there are so many examples of them doing a good job that are never on social media.

Most people who volunteer just to go a ride-along on a weekend night in a regular squad car quickly realize how difficult all these jobs are.

Just some things that have been mentioned on other threads as rumor and whatnot. At the end of the day, Gabby didn’t deserve to die.

No she didn't and that makes me so mad. I had to leave other social media because people were putting the blame on Gabby. Those people are all foam and no beer, as my grandpa used to say.

Yes hopefully they have found a gator with a flip flop stuck between the teeth.

:D:D:D

Isn't it strange that the police officers that did the stop said something like: we could be judged someday by everybody that watches this video...

as if they kinda knew in their subconscious that something wasn't right...

anybody remember that?
I totally remember. It was a weird moment that I’ve never seen on body cam before. Very peculiar, seems like an inner voice telling the officer that they didn’t have it quite right.

That may be the evidence they have that he is there, or a find my keyring fob. Presumably he has the keys with him. Or dumped them.

It's possible! I'm not on the up and up when it comes to cars and technology, so I was poking around on the Ford website. I don't even know what year that Mustang is, it's definitely looking like an older model - the more recent ones have a sleeker design. I'm starting here too for comparison: https://www.cars.com/research/ford-mustang/

What if he was running away from her, they both got to the van and that's when he hit her. We can't tell from that 911 call on who was chasing who. JMO.
Here is the transcript from one of the 911 calls, they viewed BL as the aggressor.

Full transcript of 911 call received about Gabby Petito before she went missing

CALLER: "Hi, I'm calling... I'm right on the corner of Main Street by Moonflower and we're driving by and I'd like to report a domestic dispute to Florida with a white van with Florida license plate ... gentleman, about 5'6 ..."

DISPATCHER: "Where's it at?"

CALLER: "They just drove off. They're going down Main Street. They made, uh, a right onto Main Street from Moonflower."

DISPATCHER: "And what were they doing?"

CALLER: "What did you say?"

DISPATCHER: "What were they doing?"

CALLER: "Uh, we drove by and the gentleman was slapping the girl."

DISPATCHER: "He was slapping her?"

CALLER: "Yes and then we stopped. They ran up and down the sidewalk. He proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car and they drove off."

DISPATCHER: "Okay you said it's a white van?"

That was Christoper, the person who saw BL trying to drive away with her car and phone. And, Christopher said he heard her say "why do you have to be so mean". But, the point everyone is making is that the 911 call reporting BL slapping and hitting Gabby took place before Christopher's. Obviously anything Christopher saw was a reaction by Gabby to his violent attack on her and the attempted theft of all her belongings.

I was only addressing whether the police talked to any witness at the time.

Not sure if thats what they need right now. The original person spoke to someone and passed on the info. Lets not clog tip lines with something they already have been given.

I meant the reporters messages she mentioned, not the authorities.

In my opinion we sleuth to inform LE, not to have media use it for views and clout. But you do what you feel will best help Gabby get justice

The hard part is telling where in the reserve that was.. I did take notice that have kind of altered their search areas after I spoke to the detective. My fiancé seems to think Brian is hiding in the trees during the day and coming out at night. And I keep getting drawn to the “suspicious incident” on Delmar Dr and Balboa Terrace for some reason.
I messaged Brian Entin if he or anyone has investigated that police report further. No response.

There are three ways that phone location can be established.

1. GPS, which can be turned off. A phone can report its position even if the cell service is turned off via a wifi network. Can be extremely accurate, certainly less than 30' (it depends on how many satellites the phone can see... can be affected by tree cover, buildings etc.
2. Triangulation from cellphone tower pings, only works if the cellphone is turned on. Not very accurate. Probably using a combination of time-of-flight for the signal plus signal strength.
3. Using the ISP's knowledge of wifi network topology (ie it knows where certain networks are located, from gathering data from many many users). This can be extremely accurate but depends on the phone's wifi being turned on (not necessarily connected though).
Thank you so much for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member