Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A rage incident? Not intended, but completely one person's fault?

Hypothetically, I could see the following happening:

They come back from the restaurant, park at the last known location of the van, continue the fight. Things physically escalate. He takes her phone (he has done this before), van keys, and takes off running. She follows.Or, she takes off running and he chases her. It's happenstance that they end up near the creek in that area where her body was found. (I believe she died at this location, not in the van or elsewhere). The fight becomes increasingly physical and he pushes her or strikes her. May or may not be premeditated. Leaning toward not premeditated. He does something to cause her to suffer severe blunt force trauma to the head causing her death (attacks her? accidental? falls and hits head on rock? He hits her head with rock? ) Life threatening injury but maybe she doesn't die immediately. He leaves her there and flees back to van. Possibly in van when youtuber is filming while passing by. He knows the gravity of what he has just done and that Gabby is likely dead or dying.

He then "disappears/hitchhikes" for two days. Maybe goes to recreation area, showers, gets cash, disposes of evidence, calls parents, hitchhikes back to van. His actions are a bit scattered and panicked. He maybe goes out to check on her and attempts to bury her or maybe he sends the drone? (and would drone footage be on a harddrive?) He knows she is dead and is in cover up mode -sends fake texts posing as her, departs the area in Gabby's van.

The other hypothetical scenario I'm leaning toward is essentially the same except he and Gabby both willingly decide to go to that area, perhaps on a hike or to set up a tent and camp there. Then they fight, resulting in her death.

This is all just hypothetical conjecture and opinion.

Imagine becoming concerned about the lack of contact, receiving no response from BL or his family, and then turning up there to discover Brian is home, with the van, without your daughter, and they refuse to tell you anything. It’s the stuff of absolute nightmares.

It boggles my mind that anyone here criticized GP’s family for their reaction to the Laundries. The fury and fear Gabby’s family must have felt would have been off the charts. If anything they showed commendable restraint IMO.

Police showing up at the L house like Abe Simpson just now.

giphy.gif

From the timeline:

"Investigators left a cross made from rocks at the site where Gabby's body was found."

I thought Gabby's stepfather did this. Maybe it was him along with the investigators?

This is a mistake that still needs corrected. The cross where her body was found was placed by the step-father and a family friend. However the family friend is directly quoted in stating that no one connected with the search and rescue made the larger cross and that they confirmed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member