Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to believe his sister isn’t tied up in this mess. I want to believe she genuinely loved GP as a to be sister-in-law. She has children. I’d hope she’s putting them first through all of this and choosing not to go the same route her parents are.
Well, she didn't answer the texts asking about Gabby. She is already part of the problem.

MMmmm... I wouldn't be so sure that there isn't another grand jury hearing underway or to occur soon with adequate probable cause for additional crimes. The States Attorneys have the luxury of not having to rush and plenty of crimes to charge him with, IMHO. Why tip their hands any sooner than they need to? Time is on their side now. MOO.
Perhaps, but as it stands right now, he's only been charged with bank card hi-jinks.

It would have been stupid to take his phone. So I feel like that's the smartest thing he's done so far. Didn't take his wallet? What does that even mean? Left behind all his money, cards and ID? Or he left his wallet behind and took one of his parent's credit cards, or a handful of Visa gift cards and cash? Not the dumbest thing ever if it's the latter. Either, way using his own credit cards would be as dumb as using his own phone while on the run.
My opinion on the parent statement on wallet and phone coincides with Carlton Reserve, my son took a hike, this is BS, simple statements to defer and deter LE. Let's face it, FBI has a charge on him, FBI wants to start the repeated interrogation process where they heat him up for answers. And when his answers are different from the known facts, step back and do it it again, I hate to say it but the parents are simply delaying the inevitable.

Remember, everything you or anyone else suspects he's guilty of has to be proven. Setting an unusually high bond for the crime he's currently charged with could work against the prosecution should this matter wind up in court.
If he's found alive bond will hopefully be appropriate for someone who's a known and extreme flight risk.

I feel it's potentially another ruse.

He leaves his wallet - it doesn't mean he doesn't have money with him. Cash isn't traceable like cards are, therefore he has no need for his wallet, only the cash that was in it.

He leaves his phone - does he own just the one phone? Maybe he took a spare? Maybe he bought a burner phone? Maybe he bought a new sim card to use in an old phone handset he has?

I don't think we can read too much into leaving those items behind.

MOO

Maybe they all want it to look like Brian committed suicide. There has to be a reason they’re still searching there. It doesn’t make sense as a place to hide long term & they’re searching near ponds. It’s never felt like they were searching for a live BL. But why? Have they dropped breadcrumbs to a gun & car & phone & wallet left behind. It’s like too much evidence. I just don’t get this guy at all.

I tried to commit suicide twice...in public. If you're terrified enough, location is of no importance. Its the end of hope and the beginning of a leap into the unknown. This is not usually done when you're lawyered up and have family support. There are many reasons why BL could walk away from this entire matter with misdemeanors and probation. To be honest, I have no idea why he and his parents have chosen to blow the entire matter out of proportion. The best way ahead would have been to lawyer up, cooperate with LE, deal with whatever proof against him was raised and fight it out in court.
As it stands now, regardless of the tsunami of anti-Brian sentiment, he is, by law, an innocent man. His major problem is bad legal advice, because every moment he waits to turn himself in, he adds to the concept of consciousness of guilt unnecessarily and is chiseling away at his own case.
I have been a liaison between LE and the mental health community and have seen many unexpected deals made.

They have spent $1.2 Million dollars looking for a guy that could walk away with misdemeanors and probation?

seems unlikely.
Wouldn't matter if they spent a billion. His current charge could result in a fine and probation.

Government is seeking to detain him. Criminal division of WY.

Obstruction of Justice.
Safety of Community.

Walking seems unlikely.

But why didn’t he just destroy his phone? Why leave it for people to look through? Must be a trove of stuff in there.
he's probably got a few...For all we know he could be playing a macabre game with LE and everybody else.
We don't know otherwise. I'm not buying the 'lost and afraid with waning strength' theory this evening.
He could well be very intelligent, indeed, while pretending to be the opposite.
I've taken this turn against him because I am beginning to feel like we, the general public are all his victims until he is captured. I resent him for that.

Everything worked out. I became a liaison person between the courts, LE and the mental health community and learned A LOT about the legal system.
Right now, all Brian is facing is a an unauthorized credit card use charge. If he turns himself in, he bonds out and goes home. Running away from home (remember, its not been proven he murdered Gabby) isn't a crime. Having a mental health crisis isn't a crime. He could walk out of the woods , or walk up his parent's driveway tomorrow confident in the knowledge that LE has a long way to go before they prove him guilty of anything other than misdemeanor bank foolishness. Plus, he doesn't have a criminal record that I know of, so he'd probably get probation.
I'm astonished that the Laundries' lawyer doesn't know this. Deals like this are made every day in court.
Hugging you right back!

I'm glad you're still here!

I disagree about BL's potential legal jeopardy. My guess is that an indictment for murder is either ready or or almost ready for him. Even if such indictments aren't ready and he were to make bail on the fraud charges, LE would now watch him like a hawk until a warrant was created for his arrest on murder charges. Unless he's no longer alive, that is presumably why he's hiding.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member