Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he's probably got a few...For all we know he could be playing a macabre game with LE and everybody else.
We don't know otherwise. I'm not buying the 'lost and afraid with waning strength' theory this evening.
He could well be very intelligent, indeed, while pretending to be the opposite.
I've taken this turn against him because I am beginning to feel like we, the general public are all his victims until he is captured. I resent him for that.
I have said it before...feels like Luka Magnotta

FoxNews: “So far, Laundrie’s parents have not been charged with any crime, and experts say that could be a tall order under Florida law. Per Florida Statute 777.03, … Relatives of the offender, however, are largely protected from being accessories. This would include the parents of Brian Laundrie..” Florida statute may work to advantage of Brian Laundrie's parents

More possible misinformation IMO, by persons referred to as “experts” too, unfortunately. I first looked at the statute last week. IMO ONLY - so as to be clear to avoid any “Time Out” for sharing MO, the parents do not fall under subdivision (a). They fall under subdivision (c). See § 777.03(1)(c) Fla. Stat. Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

(c) Any person who maintains or assists the principal or an accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed a crime and such crime was a capital, life, first degree, or second degree felony, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Charging the parents should not be dismissed out of hand by the state atty – IF this is even a Florida issue (I think there’s a good argument we’re dealing with Federal law). The law is poorly drafted leading to the confusion, but My position – which is MOO, AND NOT FACT, is thoroughly supported and (IMO) affirmed, by the black and white Florida pattern jury instructions (the instructions the Judge gives to a jury on the law): See Jury Instruction 21.18 Criminal Jury Instructions Chapter 21 – The Florida Bar

(Florida Std Jury Inst Florida Standard Jury Instructions – The Florida Bar

Criminal/Chapter 21 (Obstruction), then go to Instruction 21.8

“21.18 ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT;

To prove the crime of Accessory After the Fact, the State must prove the following [four] [five] elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. A (felony alleged) was committed by (name of person committing felony).

2. After the (felony alleged) was committed, (defendant) [maintained] [assisted] [aided or attempted to aid] (name of person committing felony).

3. At that time, (defendant) knew that (name of person committing felony) had committed the (felony alleged).

4. (Defendant) did so with the intent that (name of person committing felony) avoid or escape detection, arrest, trial, or punishment.

If the felony alleged is a third degree felony, give element #5.

5. (Defendant) was not related to (name of person committing felony) by blood or marriage as husband, wife, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother, or sister.

The judge gives this instruction ONLY given *IF* the original offense is a 3rd degree felony. If the autopsy comes back with a charge against Brian for a first degree or second degree felony, all bets are OFF. If I were the prosecutor, I would charge them. MOO. Now time to sign right off again so as to not have a "repeat."

True Crime sushi is live now too. I am not sure about links. YT

Reactions: d4j
I'm glad you're still here!

I disagree about BL's potential legal jeopardy. My guess is that an indictment for murder is either ready or or almost ready for him. Even if such indictments aren't ready and he were to make bail on the fraud charges, LE would now watch him like a hawk until a warrant was created for his arrest on murder charges. Unless he's no longer alive, that is presumably why he's hiding.

JMO
Thanks! Me too!
The only sticky point is whether they can actually prove he himself murdered Gabby. If she wandered off over the little log bridge, went exploring and Brian saw some guy beating her head with a rock - and he ran in panic. You introduce reasonable doubt. Remember, it only takes one juror to believe Brian's story and send him home.

They have spent $1.2 Million dollars looking for a guy that could walk away with misdemeanors and probation?

seems unlikely.

Government is seeking to detain him. Criminal division of WY.

Obstruction of Justice.
Safety of Community.

Walking seems unlikely.
Has he been officially charged with those crimes?

FoxNews: “So far, Laundrie’s parents have not been charged with any crime, and experts say that could be a tall order under Florida law. Per Florida Statute 777.03, … Relatives of the offender, however, are largely protected from being accessories. This would include the parents of Brian Laundrie..” Florida statute may work to advantage of Brian Laundrie's parents

More possible misinformation IMO, by persons referred to as “experts” too, unfortunately. I first looked at the statute last week. IMO ONLY - so as to be clear to avoid any “Time Out” for sharing MO, the parents do not fall under subdivision (a). They fall under subdivision (c). See § 777.03(1)(c) Fla. Stat. Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

(c) Any person who maintains or assists the principal or an accessory before the fact, or gives the offender any other aid, knowing that the offender had committed a crime and such crime was a capital, life, first degree, or second degree felony, or had been an accessory thereto before the fact, with the intent that the offender avoids or escapes detection, arrest, trial, or punishment, is an accessory after the fact.

Charging the parents should not be dismissed out of hand by the state atty – IF this is even a Florida issue (I think there’s a good argument we’re dealing with Federal law). The law is poorly drafted leading to the confusion, but My position – which is MOO, AND NOT FACT, is thoroughly supported and (IMO) affirmed, by the black and white Florida pattern jury instructions (the instructions the Judge gives to a jury on the law): See Jury Instruction 21.18 Criminal Jury Instructions Chapter 21 – The Florida Bar

(Florida Std Jury Inst Florida Standard Jury Instructions – The Florida Bar

Criminal/Chapter 21 (Obstruction), then go to Instruction 21.8

“21.18 ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT;

To prove the crime of Accessory After the Fact, the State must prove the following [four] [five] elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. A (felony alleged) was committed by (name of person committing felony).

2. After the (felony alleged) was committed, (defendant) [maintained] [assisted] [aided or attempted to aid] (name of person committing felony).

3. At that time, (defendant) knew that (name of person committing felony) had committed the (felony alleged).

4. (Defendant) did so with the intent that (name of person committing felony) avoid or escape detection, arrest, trial, or punishment.

If the felony alleged is a third degree felony, give element #5.

5. (Defendant) was not related to (name of person committing felony) by blood or marriage as husband, wife, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother, or sister.

The judge gives this instruction ONLY given *IF* the original offense is a 3rd degree felony. If the autopsy comes back with a charge against Brian for a first degree or second degree felony, all bets are OFF. If I were the prosecutor, I would charge them. MOO. Now time to sign right off again so as to not have a "repeat."
Thank you for that.
And now there's a Mustang parked in the driveway and he has a key..

Thanks! Me too!
The only sticky point is whether they can actually prove he himself murdered Gabby. If she wandered off over the little log bridge, went exploring and Brian saw some guy beating her head with a rock - and he ran in panic. You introduce reasonable doubt. Remember, it only takes one juror to believe Brian's story and send him home.

Unless the autopsy and investigation have found some really compelling evidence, I don't think there will ever be a trial. I think he'll take a plea to a lesser charge.

Assuming he hasn't killed himself or died in the swamp, anyway.

I have said it before...feels like Luka Magnotta

Having watched the Moab police cam, the nomadic stadik video and any other social media post from BL, I would say both have some clear social difficulties. The whole catch me if you can thing was cleared with Magnotta, but I see where you’re coming from.

In reference to them knowing about and note and then picking up the car….if I remember correctly the parents have said that they knew he went hiking, when he didn’t return home, they went to look for him on their own the next day or the day after. That is when they saw the supposed note. They left his car with the note there thinking that he would return to the car, see the note, and move it. So then they went back again, and noticed he still didn’t move the car, so they drove it home for him. And I believe it was that day or the day after that they reported him “missing”. Someone please correct me if I am in error. This was discussed way early on when we found out the parents drove his car home and then found out about a note. I will look for the link.

AFAIK, the parents have not said anything, unless I missed it. Do you have a link for this information by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay