Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the FBI will get a warrant to place a GPS tracker on the family car. Hopefully they now have evidence that they've aided and abetted their son.
Knowing what they bought that might be out of place for a couple living in their home could be more than useful because we know they're secretive and may have ways of getting things to him. I wouldn't trust them at all.

All of these ‘changes’ are explainable. People blocking him on Instagram = the # ppl he follows goes down. When people report a playlist on Spotify, the name/cover art of the playlist is removed. The Instagram “live” video was likely from a fake account (there have been many, the most obvious is one with two underscores __ vs one underscore _ at the end of his username, so people don’t notice it).
I firmly believe he *could* have a phone and be monitoring the case. But he would NOT be using his own social media accounts to do so! These specific claims have been debunked.

Regarding Instagram. People
don’t have to block him to remove him as a follower. You can simply choose to remove
someone as your follower and the person doesn’t get notified.

Whereas blocking means that that person can’t even find you on instagram anymore.

If FBI wants to know who’s making the changes to his following list, they could get info from Instagram with a warrant I assume. The changes are all logged somewhere.

I have to say in my opinion that if I was a friend or family member of BL's I would NEVER help him or his parents to disappear him or help with his being able to have supplies needed to survive. If asked I would get the details and immediately phone the FBI.

IMO LE is not releasing the details of the 3 day camping trip because it has direct relationship to their case. Not one person has come out saying they saw this family over those 3 days, nor has media released footage of BL after this timeframe. I think this plays a major red flag for their timeline and is direct evidence of BL’s location(s). But it still begs the questions why are they searching the reserve so hard? Why are they not releasing this bit of information? How do these connect? Especially if they are not searching other locations so hard as they are the reserve?
BBM
The only thing I can think of is evidence of Gabbys murder…
JMO

I've never had a 'burner phone'. I realize they are probably for making and receiving calls, but are they usable for text messaging and internet access?
That’s just a nickname. They are normal cell phones with pre-paid plans. They can be anything from simple flip phones on up to fully capable smartphones.

SEP 25, 2021
Gabby Petito funeral set for Sunday on LI; will be open to the public (nypost.com)
Gabby Petito’s body was cremated ahead of her funeral, which is scheduled for Sunday on Long Island.

The service for the 22-year-old Blue Point native will be held at Moloney’s Funeral Home in Holbrook. It will be open to the public from noon to 5 p.m., according to a statement from Richard Stafford, a lawyer for the Petito family.

Her father, Joseph Petito, also shared the arrangements on Twitter, adding, “Thanks to all for your support and love,” with a photo of the blonde, blue-eye Gabby with stars across her face.

Petito’s body was set to be cremated in Wyoming before she was brought back to New York, The Sun reported.

[...]

They don't need any of that, actually IMO.
There was a really good post that talks about all that.
Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33
That’s essentially a scanner… purposeful, of course, but most effective when in conjunction with already solidified info…

My measured and reasoned speculation is that they have captured an IMSI of either a phone known to be BL's, or that the IMSI matches up to a pre-paid phone that was only very recently activated, meaning the cellular provider has only seen that IMSI on their network since, say...early September, and that can be traced back as sold to him along his route home or possibly purchased in North Port.” (bbm + underlined)

… aka a lead: proof purchase… trace… reason to believe it’s Brian’s… etc. those things are all still pretty much required for that scanner to lead investigators anywhere worthwhile. because eventually those dots need to be connected anyway. without a lead of any kind i imagine someone is just going through and narrowing down a long list of IMSI numbers and chasing tails hoping for the best. But to go in blind like that (scan first, connect the dots later) is not the best strategy IMO. Because like I said, eventually they’ll need to connect the dots to whoever they're looking for in some way and by time they narrow it down the person with the device in question could have already moved on to the next location. /JMO

(for the record, I am by no means an expert so it’s entirely possible I have it all wrong but this has always been my overall understanding of it.)

Last edited:
I am wondering why the Moloney Family Funeral Home is listing Gabby's date of death as September 19, 2021. We know that's not accurate. But what could be the significance of that date that they use it this way? (In two separate occasions.)
https://www.moloneyfh.com/obituary/?first-name=&last-name=Petito&obit-search=true

MOO

It’s standard practice, I believe, for the date when the coroner arrived on the scene to be put in the records as the date of death. In normal cases, this works fine. In a case like this, not so much. In any case, I think that the Funeral Home just got their information from the death certificate.

SEP 25, 2021
Brian Laundrie sleuths think he has a burner phone after spotting 'changes to his Spotify and Instagram' (the-sun.com)
[...]

Since Laundrie's disappearance, sleuths have closely monitored his social media pages, claiming the 23-year-old fugitive has unfollowed several people on Instagram.

Another wild conspiracy tossed around is that Laundrie may be hiding on a boat to evade police after claims circulated on Twitter that he went live on Instagram for a matter of seconds on Monday.

[...]

Afterward, internet users fascinated by the case insist they have proof that Laundrie allegedly created a Spotify playlist called 'Selfconsomption' shortly after Gabby Petito vanished.

Online sleuths then allege that the playlist's name had changed to 'Nomatic Statik' - the name of the travel YouTube channel that Laundrie, 23, and Gabby, 22, created.

[...]
Would LE be able to associate the cellphone number with his account if he did that?

Maybe they can use cell tower triangulation to look for any numbers used in the area where he lives, or specifically his own address, and find the number that way.

Or, if he did buy a burner phone and turned it on in his house or in proximity to his other phone, wouldn't they then be able to track the phone?

I have to say in my opinion that if I was a friend or family member of BL's I would NEVER help him or his parents to disappear him or help with his being able to have supplies needed to survive. If asked I would get the details and immediately phone the FBI.
Throw him a plastic bottle of water! LOL

"Brian Laundrie’s Pinterest posts reveal supplies for a stint in the wild that could help him survive for MONTHS"
Brian Laundrie's Pinterest posts reveal supplies for a long stint in the wild
I have a question about this, and have talked myself in and out if asking it and figure what the heck...
Is it normal for young men to use Pintrest? My kids are in this age group and this is NOT something that interests them in the slightest, and they love online things. If odd (or not), does this give any additional insight into Brian? If this has already been explored, please remove or ignore!

Another thought that struck me is that there are many reserves within hiking distance of where the Mustang was found. He could very easily have hiked into the reserve, then that night hiked to another reserve with his backpack -- possibly one where supplies had been dropped earlier. If he had a gun (has the gun case been confirmed???) it was probably for self-defence or a last resort.

Just because the lawyer says BL left home with out his phone and wallet doesn't mean he didn't have a new 'burner phone' or the contents of his wallet with him. He probably took out his driver's license and put it in a pocket. I imagine he didn't have money in the wallet because he wasn't exactly a high achieving business professional with a job. Especially now knowing he stole his dead girlfriends money. sick, disgusting.

SEP 25, 2021
Gabby Petito’s mom makes bracelets in daughter’s honor, says ‘celebrate and enjoy life’ | WDVM25 & DCW50 | Washington, DC (localdvm.com)
[...]

Now the family and close family friends hope to continue to share her love of life and adventure. One way they are doing so is by creating and sharing bracelets in her honor.

“It represents Gabby. Remember to celebrate and enjoy life and not be sad,” Petito’s mother Nicole Schmidt said.

When WFLA Now’s JB Biunno asked Schmidt what she’d like the world to know about the bracelets and their significance to the memory of her daughter, she replied, “Live every day like it’s your last.”

[...]

CH8_7252-RH.png

Close friends of Gabby Petito’s family have made these bracelets in Gabby’s memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties